1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 Custom Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Karsten Hvidberg, May 30, 2020.

1. LugNut

LugNut Active Member

Hi,

Thanks Kuku...I never used much dampening...I tried it. It doesn't do so much torque pull anymore. Trying to get more road details and a tighter wheel now.

BTW...I set rear grip loss from 0.0 to 3.0. I now get a lighter wheel but it comes in "late" in the grip loss and then all at once. 100% lightning of wheel.
    What can I look at to adjust? I apologize for all these questions and I thank for your tune!

2. Kuku

Kuku Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

Bare in mind that this tune was done on a Simagic DD, and usually the strength of detail isn’t high when used on a low powered gear wheel, but it’s should be able to increased with the associated scales , ie master_road , and or individual bump scales etc.

I would suggest rather than increasing rear grip loss , that you try increasing (slide_factor 0.88) to 0.9 and see how it feels.

3. LugNut

LugNut Active Member

Thx man!

4. Supa

Supa Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Some cars just have that horrible yoyoing under hard acceleration and no matter how much I try to tune it out with Damping etc on my DD it doesn't work. Only seems to be certain cars like the V8s.for example It's horrible and has put me off AMS2 recently. RF2 just doesn't have that issue at all. Doubt you will fix that with a Custom file. I don't use Custom anymore anyway as the Default and + work just fine. I also based this on Laptimes too Consistently faster than with a custom profile.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Danielkart

Danielkart Well-Known Member

It's a different way to experience Ams2. Nobody has to take it, they have the choice. There are many people who take Customs, a few months ago you were one of them and according to your statements you were faster with it. To each their own;)

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. LugNut

LugNut Active Member

Hi,
    I must say using kuku tune there is very little,if any, "torque pull".
    Frankly, realisticly speaking, only power full fwd cars should show this kinda of effect.
    It doesn't have to be in ams2... Its user choice.
    I'm fine w that.

7. Aza340

Aza340 Active Member

Hi . Which tune are you using ? Wouldn't mind giving it a go myself . Thanks

8. Supa

Supa Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes, I was using 5.0.1.4 original which is the best of all the customs I've tried. Still is. Ive got a powerful wheel and didn't like or need the boosted strength of the FFB they see all seem to add. Fine for G27s etc but not DD. The Defaults are much better now.

9. Kuku

I will be uploading a small revision of my tune shortly.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Aza340

Aza340 Active Member

Excellent, thanks for your reply and effort.

11. Kuku

Here is my small revision to previous upload, Changes are only small, but effective at being even more confident in oversteer control.
    Please see Read Me doc for info.
    It will be added to my Signature as always, so it can be found without trawling through pages and pages. ( My god, its over 300 now :whistle: )

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  12. Reiche

Reiche Member AMS2 Club Member

In preparation for an online race this night I gave the V46 a try after being on the last Karsten file. It didn’t feel bad, but road texture caused very strong shaking in the wheel so I quickly reverted to 5.0.1.4. I’m using an original Simucube with Lenze motor, so quite powerful although not the ultra latest generation of DD wheels.

Interesting we seem to have similar (subjective) observations.

Tips and advice on how to set up V46 are very welcome though :)

13. Danielkart

Hi! The road condition is intentional in my file. But you have 2 options to change this. Lower the FX value in-game. Or reduce the value in the file (large_track_bump_scale 1.1):)

• Informative Informative x 1
  14. Danielkart

As I said, everyone should take what he likes best. My files are steering axle and tire based files because I want to feel what the car is doing and in combination with other tactile hardware it gives a very good immersion (my personal taste). But after all there are other very good files or you take Defaults , each as he likes

15. Valle1950

Valle1950 Belgium AMS2 Club Member

Anyone with a Fanatec CSW v2 here? What custom file do you reccomend?

16. Danielkart

Hey! I think "Alegunner68" owns a fanatec belt base. He can definitely help you. Get in touch with him, he also has some very good custom files

• Winner Winner x 1
  17. Valle1950

Valle1950 Belgium AMS2 Club Member

I really like this one, I can control the car much better when I start to lose the rear. Definitely recommend this for a Fanatec CSW.

18. Reiche

Reiche Member AMS2 Club Member

Thanks for that information, I’ll give it a try the other day. :) Do you have any recommended (starting) values or ranges for those four in-game-sliders?

19. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Can you please provide a link or name of the custom file and also what in-game slider settings you are using? I would like to try this one myself.

20. Danielkart

Hi ! I think what you're looking for is in-game around Gain60/LFB 0/FX10-15/dampering 0 and reduce it (large_track_bump_scale to around 0.3-0.5) This should suit your needs much better. A beautiful evening

And if you want more cushioning, increase the cushioning to your liking in-game;)

Last edited: Jan 6, 2023
    • Informative Informative x 1