1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 Custom Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Karsten Hvidberg, May 30, 2020.

1. TonyM

TonyM New Member

Which rFuktor version do you use?
    And do you like it compared to rF2?

2. Aza340

Aza340 Active Member

Thanks for the advice Daniel, will give that a try tomorrow night.
    I know it's very hard to put into words what we feel with ffb and of course so many variables from wheelbase to wheelbase . I will try and explain exactly what sensation I'm searching for .
    Imagine going round a long fast bend that gets gradually tighter , as you progress through that bend your front tyres start to gradually slide over the track surface.
    While this is happening I would like a slight rumble or vibration through the steering column but also would expect a small decrease in centering force from the steering wheel .
    I know the default ffb already does this but ( on my wheel at least ) it's massively over exaggerated! Have tried to tune it out with every conceivable setting know to man but to no avail.
    In a nutshell I just want a bit of understeer feeling.
    While I'm on a roll though I've also noticed no decrease in force's from V50 when turning on grass , would have thought mechanical grip would drop by at least 50% ?
    I have also experienced very large ffb spikes when coming to rest after a spin , almost as if the peak forces are higher than the gain should allow.
    Anyway just my observations while driving with a Simplicity 20nm direct drive wheel.
    Thanks.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Danielkart

Danielkart Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, the large forces after a spin are a general problem in Ams2. The defaults were corrected with the last updates but unfortunately with other side effects (again my personal opinion) I have already greatly reduced it in the file and am almost at the limit. I also think that 10-12Nm peaks are completely sufficient for an intensive and authentic driving experience. In the past it was hardly possible, for example in Monaco, to get around the curves in an F1 car. Turn onto grass? Just try to stay on track, it's more fun;) You can also try reducing the (understeer_scale 1.85) a little along with increasing the (slide_factor 0.5) a little. But be careful, the file reacts very sensitively to major changes, which then always leads to new combinations for me and also makes them necessary. Maybe it helps you a little and there are many other Customs files or the defaults, in the end it's always a matter of taste

• Like Like x 1
  4. 0ct0

0ct0 Member

I fully agree, and exactly these feelings are the ones I have been tuning in / out on my config file.

The one I can't crack yet is that dangerous spike on the conclusion of a spin.
    Almost like the tyre flex snap back from the rear tyres coming through the rack?

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Danielkart

Hi Markus! This is very interesting, I have already received several feedback from Simucube owners that the 3rd file in particular works well. Can you tell me your in-game and simucube base settings? Many Thanks

6. Aza340

Aza340 Active Member

Yes at nearly 20nm it's a wrist snapper , hands off the wheel job for sure .
    Did you manage to tune in any front grip loss feel ? I've not had any joy so far .

7. Danielkart

Hi Aza! Sorry for my interference. Do I understand you correctly that you want to use your full 20Nm? At the base 100%that corresponds to 20Nm? Then I understand you now. My file is of course with 12-13Nm peaks. If you want 20Nm peaks then change the following rack_momentum_l (* 11 (jump tyre_l 100000 1 1) mom_FL)) and
    (rack_momentum_r (* 11 (Spring tyre_r 100000 1 1 mom_FR)). Both values reduce 11 to maybe 7 or even 6. In addition, I would reduce IN-Game FX a little bit. Greetings Daniel

• Like Like x 1
  8. 0ct0

0ct0 Member

Give this a whirl - for Simucube - Falloff is subtle just after the scrubbing.
    Please live with it for a few days. I'll pop my Game settings and my TD profile in later but It's 40 gain in game.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  9. Aza340

Aza340 Active Member

Thanks Octo , will give it a run later on . Very much appreciated.

10. Aza340

Aza340 Active Member

Hi Daniel . Thanks for sharing, will have a play later on . Cheers.

11. Nolive721

Nolive721 Active Member

Very new owner of a Moza R9 with CS wheel after ditching the logitech DD GPRO I had for a month
    Any user here that would recommend a Custom file and in Game settings for the R9?
    Thanks in advance

12. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

Also thinking about buying a Moza equipment. Is it supported by AMS 2 or must you do a workaround when calibrating ingame?

13. Danielkart

Hi guys! I posted a 4.Custom file on page 306. This is only for belt bases with 2-5Nm. Now, in my opinion, the difference between the bases is even smaller and it should be easier for people to find something suitable. Have fun with it

14. Nolive721

Nolive721 Active Member

No real workaround but just creating a controller profile specifically to run bindings assignment then wheel calibration.
    I have used Direct Drive Generic Option for that matter and it worked fine for my R9 wheel.

15. Nolive721

Nolive721 Active Member

So no Moza R9 love over here? It's a great wheel in other Sims but i confess struggling to fully enjoy it in AMS2

16. wroobel

wroobel New Member

Attached Files:

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. Remco

Remco New Member

what are the best in game settings for csl dd 8nm with rfuctor v50 custom file

18. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

Says in the file

19. Remco

Remco New Member

only for the dd1 and dd2 not csl dd

20. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

If you download the right one of the 3 @Danielkart has uploaded it says the settings in it. They are all made for 3 different power outputs.