1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 Custom Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Karsten Hvidberg, May 30, 2020.

1. Remco

Remco New Member

where can i find them

2. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

Page 306

3. Remco

Remco New Member

i got it thanks i had the second file now the third its better for csl dd 8nm thanks

4. Racinglegend1234

Why do you think that?

5. Danielkart

Danielkart Well-Known Member

That's a matter of taste. I tested the 4 Customs with different forces. These are only recommendations from me, everyone is free to take whatever they like. There is no law or obligation to take any particular file. I keep saying listen to your personal feelings

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. Alegunner68

Alegunner68 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I had a bit of a break for a couple of weeks, had a few races yesterday to continue my Racing Life career and I forgot which ffb file I was using, I didn't even think about it, it just felt right. You've done a stellar job bud.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. Danielkart

Danielkart Well-Known Member

Hey buddy ! Thank you for your feedback. These customs have become so good because of you. Your advice was excellent and I appreciate your experience and your feeling for the FFB, and of course because we are both '68 children ;)Thanks again and I'll let you know privately on the forum if there's any news about the Customs if you don't mind of course. I am currently enjoying Ams2 without having to constantly change anything because it works very well. See you Alegunner 68

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. Alegunner68

Alegunner68 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Deleted

Last edited: Feb 17, 2023
  9. SgtIcetea

SgtIcetea New Member

Can someone suggest a ffb file and settings for my Simagic Alpha 15 NM base?

10. Racinglegend1234

Check Danielkart’s files in page 306. I use one of them and it feels very good

11. SgtIcetea

SgtIcetea New Member

I tried it, works amazingly well!

12. Kuku Maddog

Kuku Maddog Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

Check the link in my signature, for file tuned using a Simagic alpha Mini .

13. ayrton2388

ayrton2388 Member AMS2 Club Member

Can you guys please also share your SimPro and Ams 2 settings? i need to try both ffb files, i'm desperate for some decent ffb settings, i lost all my enthusiasm when i upgraded from t300 to Alpha, just cant get a right feel for the car anymore.

14. Racinglegend1234

I use a CSL dd, but I use the settings in the file

• Like Like x 1
  15. jtortosen

jtortosen Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Please share your settings. What do you want? Smooth steering? Heavy reaction/giroscope? Full detailed? Light but detailed?

Kuku file with my alpha magic 15nm:
    100% force
    100% return wheel
    10% friction and damper
    Rest at 0.
    Ingame gain 35-40, fx 20-30, damper 30-50.
    With default +
    Gain 40, fx 10-40, damping 40-50

• Like Like x 1
  16. Kuku Maddog

my settings are in the file header.
    I still use alpha manager, because it’s more reliable , but won’t make much difference, as it’s intended to be used without the need for special wheel filters or settings, so it’s universal.

17. ayrton2388

Two hours ago, i had no idea what i wanted, to be honest. All i knew was that i used to be able to manhandle Formula V12 cars and P3s around my favorite tracks, that i was able to push them to the limit (at least that's how it felt), and that i was in total control of the car. Once i upgraded to Simagic Alpha, like 3 months ago, cars felt totally different, and i started to spin and lose control in places where that never happened before. Handling the cars became a struggle. Instead of the cars responding to my hands, my hands were responding to what the car was doing. Cars also felt floaty, and the transition between grip and understeer felt abrupt. My times became slower, i'd barely get a top 5 place against 100% AI, whereas i was able to get to 1st place in just 3-4 laps before, starting from last. I was so damn frustrated after trying tons of settings, both with custom ffb files or with default/default+, that i lost all my interest in sim racing, considering that AMS 2 is by far my go to sim.

I did try Kuku Maddog's ffb file, and then, it clicked. It was the smoothness that i was missing. AMS 2's default settings were too brutal, i think, for my taste. With Kuku's ffb, i got all my confidence back in barely a couple of laps, and i feel once again that i am in total control. I genuinely felt like my old self, and man, it felt good!

Your FFB file feels better than anything i've tried, and it suits me almost perfectly! I tried both files, and used the recommended settings for them.

There is one kind of tiny, but annoying drawback, though...
    Even when driving on a straight, on a smooth track, there's this vibration, like a rattling. And i can almost feel it driving my blood pressure up :))))
    It becomes more accentuated when driving over curbs or while steering (i think?). Anyway, lowering the FX in AMS 2 to a 5-10 does get rid of most of those vibrations, but this also detracts a lot from the curbs feel, which i'd like to have. As far as i can tell, those vibrations that bother me are coming from something like the road surface, or some engine vibrations, or something like that.

Are there any settings in the ffb file that sound familiar to you, that i could play around with, to try to lessen that rattling? If i manage to tweak this, this ffb file is gonna be absolutely perfect for me!

18. ayrton2388

Yes. :)

On a more serious note now :D Out of curiosity, what would you do to have a smooth steering, and reduce that heavy reaction / giroscope effect?

Also, using Kuku's file and your settings, is there any chance you can recommend a car or a car setup where slip angle is noticeable? I am relatively new to sim racing, and I have absolutely no idea about how slip angle should feel like.

19. Racinglegend1234

1. Believe higher dampening
    2. Believe you don’t fully notice it in FFB

20. Kuku Maddog

You have a stronger Wheel base than me , so the scrub and road texture is probably coming through clearer .
    first step would be to reduce lfb if you have any on.

failing that , you can try lowering road_texture_scale .

but it’s more likely the scrub effects as they are part of the tyre feel focus of this tune and also important for feeling the tyre grip.

there’s two ways to adjust it .
    you could lower the scrub_scale down incrementally , but that might effect the overall balance of tire feel.

or you can lower them in a sub scale down in the scrub coding .

# Scrub FX
    #

(scrub_scale_front 0.42)
    (scrub_scale_rear 0.32)

here you can even change how much rear tire influences the scrub vibes , as it more what you feel down straights as the tire strives for traction .
    but this will come down to personal preference as it’s handy information to have in traction loss situations.
    Just make small adjustments down and see how it feels .

Last edited: Feb 25, 2023