1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 Custom Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Karsten Hvidberg, May 30, 2020.

1. Danielkart

Danielkart Well-Known Member

Then they won't like my files I'll post tomorrow. For me, getting lighter when braking is not as relevant as it is for you. I then have too much loss of control with the car in a simulation. The G-forces are missing like in reality. And then there's the physics of Reiza. A good example is always the porsche GTE vs porsche GT3. GTE will simulate them grip loss much better than GT3. My goal is to have excellent control of the car and the track at all times with the options available and to simulate it as well as possible. I'm not trying to reach reality at all costs because there will never be any simulation. In the end it should be fun for people without having to deal with endless settings

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Alegunner68

Alegunner68 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Ffb is so divisive- basically the holy grail is if you can feel the limit of grip with your wheel and control it successfully with confidence then that's what we are all looking for, the rest is just nice extras(but I like driving on marbles to test) Seat of pants (sop) remember pc2? feeling is missing from the base game ffb in my opinion. The files on here just transform this sim and I'm looking forward to the next one even though I said I'm done..

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Danielkart

Hi guys! I think my decision to sort the Customs Files by force was the right one. You have given us a lot of positive feedback, thank you very much. Now I can post you 4 new V60 files, there are big and very good improvements for these files. The feel for the cars and the tracks has been significantly improved again. The files have been tested and adjusted on different tracks and with different cars with the standard setups. The 4 Customs are again sorted by power so that it will be easy for users to find something suitable.

The 1st file is for high force dds only, tested with 12-13Nm peaks. The 2nd file is for belt bases and for dd bases up to 8Nm, tested with 6-8Nm peaks. The 3rd file is again for high force dds, tested at 12-13Nm peaks but with less road feedback for people with additional hardware (motion or tactile) or for people who want it a bit smoother. The 4th file is only tested for belt bases of 2-5Nm with 4Nm peaks.
    These V60 files are all based on the V50 files but with some modifications and improvements. I deliberately left the flat spot at 0 again. If desired, this effect can be increased in the file (flatspot_scale 0.0)

Change log for the V60 files:

1. The biggest change and improvement is the front axle, now you can feel the "front bite". Many users complain about the floating feeling in Ams2, it was always a negative effect for me too. This hovering on the track in the corners is the missing (or too weak) integration of the front axle. I was able to correct it even better with the V60 files. The front axle can now be felt much better, the tires will "bite" into the track - a fantastic new feeling at the front with many positive consequences.
    2. On the curbs and on the track there is more feedback from the front axle.
    3. Chassis stability has been increased.
    4. The cornering stability has increased extremely. Very high cornering speeds are possible without losing grip or slipping.
    5. Adjusted in-game values for the files
    6. Adjusted base values for the files

Finally, I would like to say thank you to a few people. Maybe it will be my last customs, also depends on the future physics development of Reiza. Thanks to Karsten Hvidberg for his FFB physics. Thank you for the many positive comments from you and the good tips (Alegunner 68, riccx, theo, Aza340 and many others. And of course thanks to Mikk Schleiffer;) with whom I tested many of my customs.
    As always, I wish you a lot of fun with the files and fast laps on the track

Best of Karsten Hvidberg V60 from Daniel for dd Bases 10-30Nm

Best of cards Hvidberg V60 from Daniel for belt and dd bases 5-8Nm

Best of Karsten Hvidberg V60 from Daniel for dd bases 10-30Nm (Motion-tactile file)

Best of Karsten Hvidberg V60 from Daniel for belt bases 2-5Nm

Attached Files:

• Like x 17
    • Winner x 9
    • Informative x 2
    • Friendly x 1
    • Useful x 1
  4. Handpflegecreme

Handpflegecreme Member AMS2 Club Member

THX Daniel, again "Pervers Geil!". I appreciate your work!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. IronManAB78

IronManAB78 Member

Hi Daniel,
    I'd just let you know that your custom FFB files have truly transformed this sim to me. I was about to uninstall AMS2 (again) because I simply couldn't feel connected to the car, track and the sim at all, then I've read a post on RD, mentioning your files, and I tried V50 two days ago. I was blown away by what you have achieved! Now, with V60 you were able to top that, and I can say now that the FFB in AMS2 is where I always wanted to be. Thank you very much, you just saved this sim to me!

• Like Like x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 3
  6. Dennis

Dennis Member AMS2 Club Member

Anyone using a gear driven wheel like the G27, which of Daniel's files do you recommend?

7. Danielkart

The 4th file Dennis, 2-5Nm

• Like Like x 1
  8. OlivierMDVY

OlivierMDVY Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Great custom file! Thanks to Daniel.

Any advice for the per vehicle FFB? most of the time I set 70%
    Thanks

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. Danielkart

My tip for these customs: set the power of a car (gain) directly on the base. It is better to leave the vehicle-specific ffb in the game at 100%, otherwise the (gain) will change in the game. This can result in clipping when increasing or loss of FFB detail when decreasing. But of course you can also change the vehicle-specific ffb, find your preferred setting, as long as you feel good about it.

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. Joaquim Pereira

Joaquim Pereira Well-Known Member

@Danielkart
    If you know: I cannot undertand the (lfb rack_effect 0.175) part of this line:
    (rack_effect (blend 0.5 rack_effect (lfb rack_effect 0.175)))
    Shouldn't be an operator like "+" or "*" there? (or is it "*" by default)

I like this V60 but I've been removing and changing a few "smooth" expressions to make it even more agile and sensitive to track information and still trying to figure out how can I make a sharper "load" when turning the wheel near the center.
    It's interesting comparing Porsche GTE@Long Beach in both AMS2 and rF2.

11. MickT

MickT Active Member AMS2 Club Member

My guess would be that lfb is actually a function that takes rack_effect and 0.175 as parameters, but it is just a guess.

12. Joaquim Pereira

Could be a custom function but, apart from spring, I cannot see any other specific sim racing function (and spring could be just a generic math formula to implement...welll... a spring! ;))

I've already come across the programming language used in this files, but lost the reference. Does anyone have the name of the programming language?

13. Richard appleyard

Richard appleyard AKA Neworder

HI Daniel got say the V60 file 2-5 NM works very well with a Moza R5 thanks for all your hard work making this sim great

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. MickT

MickT Active Member AMS2 Club Member

It's a custom language, but the syntax is quite like LISP, although definitely not identical.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Joaquim Pereira

Well, to fill the center better (less deadzone), I changed the bold values.
    It does not depende on the file or wheel base, it's just a way to, from the center, get suspension forces quicker (not stronger or weaker).
    If anyone wants to try it, I would like to have feedback.

(as (blend (min 1 (* (abs steering_angle_rack) 200)) 1 0))
    (as (power as 0.5))

• Informative Informative x 2
  16. Danielkart

I'm pretty tired of these customs now. V60: That's a lot of files and I'm at a point where I'm satisfied and I'll take a break. I don't want to write a never-ending story either. I don't think you have to anymore because the physics of Reiza are in excellent condition.
    The topic of physics and FFB is very divided and there are 1000 opinions about it. It was important to me personally to reconcile the (finished) physics of Reiza and the FFB, only both together result in a symbiosis (my personal opinion). So sorry if I'm going to back off a bit and I won't be replying to everything anymore. Enjoy this simulation and other games, the main thing is that you have fun with it;)

• Winner Winner x 6
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

I wonder if there is a guide to what all settings do so we can fully personalise the FFB

Last edited: Mar 12, 2023
  18. Danielkart

Then you have to take the original files from Karsten or files from other modders. I went a different way where certain functions and values work differently, sorry

• Like Like x 1
  19. Joaquim Pereira

I can feel your pain...
    I'm mainly an rF2 user and spend my whole week messing around these files just to return to rF2 afterwards. :(
    This it's like a drug, and the process of testing is a very painfull one.

AMS2 has good tyre physics, betrayed by default FFB, cartoonish Ai, collision physics and sound effects (just my opinion).

Your files are in a very good level. Leave them as they are, no one can blame you.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Tommy Can

Tommy Can New Member

Inferiore nelle impostazioni Fanatec "Natura Inertia" - NIN

Attached Files: