1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 Custom Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Karsten Hvidberg, May 30, 2020.

1. Dmand

Dmand Active Member

@Danielkart
    Greetings and thanks again for all your hard work. I hope you enjoy your vacation from customs and we will miss you for sure.

I am curious which one of your files you would recommend for the Logitech DD pro.

This wheel has 11nm of torque and i don't know weather to go with the 10-30nm because my wheel is rite on the border of the 10 nm minimum.

Maybe i should set my base to 8nm and use the 5-8nm file?

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. Danielkart

Danielkart Well-Known Member

Hello DMand! Use your 11Nm . The 1st file is the better choice for your base. The 2nd file will give you excessive forces with 11Nm

• Like Like x 1
  3. SlowBloke

SlowBloke Member

@Danielkart - thanks so much - you really have made such a difference for a lot of us with these files its night and day for me :)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. Bull Shark

Bull Shark Later has long since begun. AMS2 Club Member

thanks for the effort. Will put it to the test once my new gear arrives. Could be another month waiting but that is ok..

Last edited: Mar 18, 2023
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. David Collins

David Collins New Member

Just tried the V70 file on my Thrustmaster TS XW and strangely i find i prefer the one optimized for the DD Fanatec wheels, just feels right.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. Robert Dolšak

Robert Dolšak New Member

Hi.Can anyone who use v70 file with Simucube 2 pro,provide a True drive settings.Thank you.

7. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek "Love the Simulation You're Dreaming In." AMS2 Club Member

It's hard to offer ideal settings as we all have different ideas of what constitutes good ffb but, I'll share my current SC2 settings, tested using v70 yesterday.
    • SC2 Power / AMS2 ffb Gain: roughly 50% / 50%
    • Force Recon Filter: 1 (fast)
    • TBW: Unlimited
    • Damping: Off (Using AMS2 Damping at 42%)
    • Friction: 17% (I prefer the added weightiness)
    • Inertia: Off
    • Static Force Reduction: Off
    • Slew Rate Limit: 2% (Use as Speed-cap for bigger movements / may combine with Lower Recon-Filter settings to fine tune detail level / Still WIP)
    • ULLM: Off
    AMS2 FFB Settings
    • LFB: 0%
    • Damping: 42%
    • FX: 20%

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek "Love the Simulation You're Dreaming In." AMS2 Club Member

@Danielkart
    v70 is a very solid custom file imo, nice work once again. While there are a few tweaks I would make to suit my own preferences, this version should serve many people very well as is so, thank you for all your contributions.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. Danielkart

Thank you Dean! That was my goal to give people with different bases an alternative if they are not satisfied with defaults. Without getting into an endless loop with the settings, as probably 95% of the users want it. Select file by force and have fun

• Like Like x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. Benzaah

Benzaah Member

Hey Guys, Finally upgraded my Trusty G29 to a VRS DFP Pro. Anyone got any config settings I can try with this base. I followed the Boosted media set up guide but as i have no reference point Im not sure if ive gone in the right direction.

Just loaded DanKarts new profile. Any advice is appreciated.

11. Danielkart

Hello Benzah! The settings of a base are very subjective. Your base is also not so well known to users. But there are good guidelines with which each base can be adjusted well. The most important thing is the damping at the base or in the game. Try to get stability in your wheel (no or only slight vibrations or oscillating) You can achieve this by damping on your base or damping in the game (with my base it is better on the base, with others it is better in the game). Adjust damping as much as necessary but as little as possible for your stability. After that you can adjust the friction on your base (if you have one). Friction gives you additional stability and a good middle and a good center feeling. Again, as much as necessary but as little as possible. The rest of the settings are very base dependent and the effects vary widely, adjust these settings to your liking. Maybe I could help you a little

12. LeYosu

LeYosu Member AMS2 Club Member

Hey Benzaah,

I got a VRS DirectForce Pro too.
    I just tried Danielkart settings (thank you sir for your hard work) and finaly I can feel the front tyres in Automobilista 2 with this wheel base.

The file is : Best of Karsten Hvidberg V70 from Daniel for dd Bases 10-30Nm

My settings for the VRS (inspired by Dean Ogurek with is simucube 2 settings) are :
    • Max Force : 70
    • In the FFB tab : everything at 0% with everything at "Device and Game Effects"
    • In the Filters tab :
    1. Smoothing : Responsive 1
    2. Static force reduction : 11% (you can try that at 0%)
    3. Slew rate : Balanced
    In AMS 2 :
    • Gain : 60%
    • LFB: 0%
    • Damping: 42%
    • FX: 20%
    And to add, these are my personal preferences, but to get closer to the behaviour of other sims, I have these settings in AMS in controls/configuration :
    Steering sensitivity : 40 (or between 40 and 45)
    Throttle sensitivity : 45
    Brake sensitivity : 40

Last edited: Mar 23, 2023
  13. Benzaah

Benzaah Member

Thanks Dan and LeYosu, ill give these a try later its AFL game time now. LeYosu, your settings are very different to the settings i was running. I did already have Dankarts custom file loaded but i have the version thats tweaked for tactile as i have a buttkicker set up as well. Ill report back my findings.

14. Danielkart

The 4 files are all based on the same FFB physics, only the forces have been tuned to match. The decision to take which custom is very individual and depends on the taste of the user. The base settings are also very individual, each user has different ideas and different feedback on the wheel. Let your feelings decide and the custom file will do the rest for you. The 1st file works best for dd basen , but also for a CSL dd with 8Nm this file may be a better choice (personal taste). There are no rules for the 2nd file either, test it if you are not sure. The 3rd file is with less feedback on the steer axle (Motion or tactile hardware can replace this feedback) I also have motion and tactile hardware but still I take the 1st file because I love this feedback on the steer axle (Also personal taste) . Only the 4th file is specially designed for weaker bases (belt bases)

15. israel

israel New Member

Saludos, tengo un alpha mini. de 10nm. que archivo me recomiendas? y donde puedo descargarlo. en la primera pagina de la publicacion

16. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

T300RS GT with the custom FFB rFuktor 5.0.1.3.
    Using it for nearly a year now and these settings work absolutely perfectly. The only FFB that felt superrior to this is RaceRoom, but other than that, AMS2 with this ffb is THE best feeling so far.
    Wheelbase settings: overall 75, constant 100, periodic 100, spring 0, damper 100, boost OFF, auto-center "By the game".
    AMS 2 rFUKTOR 5.0.1.3 FFB Change.jpg
    Also be sure to edit the custom FFB line (flatspots_scale 1.0) .
    By default it is set to 0 and you won't feel the flatspots on the tires.

• Like Like x 2
  17. jtortosen

jtortosen Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Hey, yo tengo un simagic 15 nm. Prueba el de kuku o el de danielkart. El de kuku esta en su firma, el de danielkart tira varias páginas atrás.

18. Elcid43

Elcid43 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Quick question, is there a way to add effects for curbs that don't have them? Thank for any help :)

• Like Like x 1
  19. Steve Isaacs

Steve Isaacs New Member

I'm running an Accuforce setup and the curbs feel backward to me. I don't know if other effects are correct or not. This is what I did to invert the curb effects.

This is feeling more correct. In rFuktor 5.0.1.3 change this line:
    (curb_started (if curb_started curb_started (if FL_bump_kerb -1 (if FR_bump_kerb 1 0))))
    to:
    (curb_started (if curb_started curb_started (if FL_bump_kerb 1 (if FR_bump_kerb -1 0))))

Basically reverse left and right curbs.

I don't understand the syntax so this is just a guess. Please correct me if I used the wrong method or there is more I should have done.

20. Kuku Maddog

Kuku Maddog Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

Only just got around to trying this. so far so good,
    Feels like it’s reduced latency and allowing me to reduce steer sensitivity back to normal.
    No ill affects perceived.
    Will retune around this and see what other small improvements I can make .

• Like Like x 2