1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 Custom Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Karsten Hvidberg, May 30, 2020.

1. Fernando Alves Souto

Fernando Alves Souto New Member AMS2 Club Member

Hello, could you recommend a file that works well with the G27? Playing with this steering wheel has been very frustrating.
    thankyou

2. Llama

Llama New Member

So happy I stumbled upon this forum. Just downloaded V70 and holy **** does the car feel good and so planted to the ground.

That being said anybody on here using the V70 and a Simagic Alpha U? Was wondering if you wanted to compare SimPro manager settings.

Happy to be here, and for what's to come!

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Danielkart

Danielkart Well-Known Member

Delete

Last edited: Mar 26, 2023
  4. NicoRem

NicoRem New Member

deleted

Last edited: Mar 26, 2023
  5. andre gouvea

andre gouvea New Member

Hello, I'm using the default ffb_custom_settings.txt that comes with the game because I like the simplicity of it, but i want to add damping and low force boost and be able to control them using the in-game sliders.

Can someone tell me what lines should I write in the .txt to make that work?

Thanks

6. Kuku Maddog

Kuku Maddog Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

They already are …

7. andre gouvea

andre gouvea New Member

Sorry I read it on this thread they weren't so I assumed as much: Automobilista 2 V1.4 Force Feedback Overview & Recommendations

upload_2023-3-27_6-57-49.png

The LFB slider seems to be working, so my bad, but damping isn't. At least I can't feel any difference on 0 vs 100 like I'm able to on default or default+

Last edited: Mar 27, 2023
  8. Kuku Maddog

Interesting, I’m sure it had damping active originally, buts it’s been along time since I tried it or looked at the script.
    There was definitely damping script in it back then .

9. TexasSpecial

TexasSpecial Member

after the latest update, the whole feels seems to have changed. Not just using the custom file I have been using for over a year, but also the default. The steering calibration went way off.
    I guess I need to try one of the new versions.
    I haver the Fanatec DD base.

10. Steve Isaacs

Steve Isaacs New Member

Is there a doc which describes the syntax of the ffb_custom_settings.txt file? I'm not familiar with the syntax I'm seeing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. andre gouvea

andre gouvea New Member

I'm curious about that as well.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Dmand

Dmand Active Member

Would really love to have something like that.

13. projupiter

projupiter Member AMS2 Club Member

Is there something that can be adjusted to stop the wheel oscillating. If i go to a test day and the car is sitting in the garage the wheel starts to oscillate even before the engine is on. its starts slow but can get violent. The only solution is to turn down the gain very low. I have tried some of the custom files on this thread but still have this problem. I dont see this problem in other games.

I used to have thrustmaster tx wheel, and I never noticed this sissue. I have upgraded to thrustmaser t818 which is a lot more powerful.

14. Kuku Maddog

there’s no reason for it to happen just sitting there . In that state there’s no forces being applied apart from residual steering axis , which would also be at such low levels it wouldn’t be noticeable, So there is something completely messed up with the way the t818 is working with the static signal.

15. MickT

MickT Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I get the same problem with my alpha mini when using Default/+. Doesn't seem to happen with the custom files though. In the garage with the engine off, it oscillates. Stops as soon as I hit pause.

• Informative Informative x 1
  16. Kuku Maddog

hmm i will have to try and reproduce.

17. Danielkart

This problem has existed for a long time with default and default+ I believe everything after update 1.4... Try to get help in the force-feedback thread from Reiza

18. Gevatter

Gevatter The James May of Simracing AMS2 Club Member

I'm currently @Danielkart V70, the version for DD wheels with lower road noise. I like it a lot - it's the first cusotm FFB I like more than Reizas Default. It has a nice weihgt to it without muting details and I can feel the car very well in most situations.

The only thing that's a bit irritating is that after sliding, the moment the car stops, the wheel snaps back rather violently. Is there something in the file I can use to minimize or dampen that? I more or less use the recommended in-game settings, my Simucube settings are in my signature.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek "Love the Simulation You're Dreaming In." AMS2 Club Member

That abrupt movement (when the slide ends) is present in other custom versions as well.

Have you tried applying a lower level of Slew Rate in True Drive? I'd try settings between 2-4% to start with.

I find that setting very helpful in both AMS2 and rF2 but keep in mind, it may reduce the need for (much if any) Damping.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2023
    • Like Like x 2
  20. Danielkart

As Dean said, there's still a lot that can be improved with the right base stats. In the file itself there is a possibility to make this effect weaker. Look for these 2nd lines

(rack_momentum_l (* 11 (spring tire_l 100000 1 1) mom_FL))
    (rack_momentum_r (* 11 (spring tire_r 100000 1 1) mom_FR))

change the momentum from 11 to 10 or even 9. But be careful I only recommend it on very strong bases with high powers

• Like Like x 3