1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 Custom Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Karsten Hvidberg, May 30, 2020.

1. Bull Shark

Bull Shark "Later has already begun." AMS2 Club Member

Just installed the file. Works great. I only have the feeling that with the right tires, there is a lot less feeling of the curbs than with the left tires. Could be me of course, but that is what I felt.
    Other than that, great feeling in the FFB..
    Thanks for all your time you’ve put into this.. :D

2. Josie

Josie New Member

hello everyone. im so glad i found this thread. there seems so be alot of information anyone from all bases we can learn from. i just bought my first sim set up. a Thrust master Ts-xw racer edition.

though ive been struggling to fine tune the FFB. can someone recommend me a good proper file? which NM. im new to all of this and wish to pursue a great experience in sim racing with this thrust master! maybe one day ill get a DD. much appreciated! from Atl,Ga

3. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

Check page 312 for good files

4. Danielkart

Danielkart Well-Known Member

you have to keep in mind that the V50 and V60 files still have faulty trucks. The FWD, 4WD and karts are not final either. That's why I recommend the V70 files on page 314

5. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

I thought I linked to the V70, but I apparently didn’t read it good enough. Thanks for correcting me

6. Jebus

Jebus The Lying Finn AMS2 Club Member

I use this, Best of Karsten Hvidberg V70 from Daniel for belt and dd bases 5-8Nm, with the TX servo base.
    Found at the page 314 as danielkart pointed out.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. tk84

tk84 Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes this has always been the main issue I've had - the force of the wheel 'snapping' back seems to be much higher than any other force whilst driving 'normally'. Because I'm wary of it, it means I feel like I'm running my gain a few % lower than I'd want for the majority of the time just so those massive peaks aren't so powerful.

I'm pretty sure my slew rate in TD is already pretty low, so it'll be interesting to see what difference changing these lines in the file makes.

8. David Collins

David Collins New Member

I have the same wheel and have tried lots of the custom files and the one i have found that works best for me is v46, it doesn't have much understeer feeling which suits me. I also found the variables in the file that affects kerb feel and massively increased the values so that when i go over a rough kerb i know it, a lot like rfactor2, don't see the point of all the ffb and not using it.
    I set the ffb gain setting to the tophat control on the wheel so you can adjust as your in a race instead of having to leave and go into settings, the other settings you will just have to play with until you get the feeling you want.

9. Elcid43

Elcid43 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Could you possibly share those changes you made for kerbs? I feel the same way :)

Thank you

10. Josie

Josie New Member

thanks i will try it out. is it as easy a copy and paste to documents? no other editing?

11. Josie

Josie New Member

thanks good sir. i will try the 5-8nm for my Ts-xw

12. Jebus

Jebus The Lying Finn AMS2 Club Member

Yeah, just c&p it to your documents/Automobilista 2 folder and overwrite. And remember to change ffb profile to custom in controls settings.

• Like Like x 1
  13. TheMattyOnline

TheMattyOnline Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Just to add my recommendations for the TS-XW.
    I also now use the v70 5-8nm for belt/dd by @Danielkart
    I have mostly been an rF2 sim racer over the years and have been missing the somewhat busy, noisy FFB that rF2 gives.
    Have finally managed to replicate this as near as possible with this latest file in AMS2.
    These FFB files can seem like a rabbit hole at times but I can’t recommend the v70 file enough!

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. TheMattyOnline

I would like to give a shout out to all the FFB file contributors in this thread.
    I like and tag someone when I find a file that I really like, but it’s easy to forget that most of these files are a collaborative effort built on the back of previous ones, steadily added to and improved.
    So thanks to all involved !

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 3
  15. easy81

easy81 Member

@Danielkart
    hi, I wanted to ask you, how is it possible to increase the effect of the gear shift in your custom file?
    is it possible?

16. Danielkart

Danielkart Well-Known Member

Hello! Like in Raceroom? There was an attempt but it caused other anomalies. If you like this effect, try to simulate it with a buttkicker or with motion (of course only if you have the possibility)

17. easy81

easy81 Member

no, unfortunately I don't have this possibility to simulate the gear change effect

18. Josie

Josie New Member

assuming you have a TSxw. do you use the recommended in game settings for the v70 files? i just tried it out now and i can definitely tell a difference in feed back,. seems a little light to me though. could i just change the gain to a higher number?

19. TheMattyOnline

I have altered the ingame settings, yes. Little higher on the gain. Bit more on the lfb. And some more on the fx. Like i said, i do quite like my ffb a little on the noisy side ;)

Oh, and if i find any specific cars that need more or less, i use the per car ffb gain increase/decrease.

• Like Like x 1
  20. David Collins

David Collins New Member

In the ffb_custom_settings file alter these values.
    kerbs_surface_scale
    kerb_bump_scale
    with higher values until you find what you like. I use around 12 - 15 to get it how i like it

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1