1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 Custom Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Karsten Hvidberg, May 30, 2020.

1. Lab Pong

Lab Pong OG Sim'er

Daniel, this makes me so happy. Now you can make mine work.....lol
    Congrats on the new base!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. Danielkart

Danielkart Well-Known Member

Thanks Lab Pong! I think everyone has their own preferences and ideas about how the base settings should be. That can be very subjective and different. I just try to match it to my custom as much as possible, that's all. Ultimately, the best settings on the base are always your own and that it is right for you:)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. 2phonetony

2phonetony New Member

Hi lads. Getting a little confused trying to read back a lot of pages. I have a DD1 with the Formula V2.5 wheel and V3 pedals. What's the best custom FFB profile that can be recommended? Thanks

4. Kuku Maddog

Kuku Maddog Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

always start with original 5.0.1.3 from original author’s on page one .
    Otherwise you will have no baseline to compare .

5. Danielkart

Hi guys! After a few days with my new Simucube2 Pro Base (Fantastic Base) I got a lot of information and new feedback. But things that I already suspected with the Fanatec DD1 have also been confirmed with the Simucube. With this information and new insights, I was already able to write new V80 Customs, which are already working extremely well. Now I'm really looking forward to the physics update 1.5 from Reiza, so that I can then post the adjusted customs to you. See you and until then I wish you a good time:)

• Like Like x 6
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  6. Lars Mars

Lars Mars Member

Can't you share it already, as 1.5 is still far away

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  7. Danielkart

Hello! Go back 1 page. John Ellis and ricxx have compiled the best files from various modders. There you can test everything and select your personal best file

8. Danielkart

Hello Lars! It shouldn't take that long with the 1.5 update, maybe 2-3 months. No point in posting it earlier because maybe it will change too much after the update. Let us surprise:)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. john Ellis

john Ellis The Rectifier of Names AMS2 Club Member

Excellent point. I updated the custom FFB collection (v.1, available here) to add "the original" and many of its predecessors--and renamed many folders--to more clearly indicate how various custom files relate to one another. Also includes Peter Stefani's tuned original, so no need to download it from RD.

Last edited: May 13, 2023
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. easy81

easy81 Member

what did you suspect? compared to the fanatec how are you? now that you have the simucube2 you too feel those strong jerks at the steering wheel when the car turns on itself

11. john Ellis

When compiling my recent collection of custom FFB files, it seems the various tunes available are based on either (a) rFuktor 5.0.1.3 or (b) rFuktor 5.0.1. Pardon my ignorance, but what are the salient differences between the two? The notes at Karsten's initial post imply both 5.0.1.3 and 5.0.1 use the damping slider to set damping (as opposed to power steering in some versions) ... and I'm not well versed enough in the rFuktor world to grasp the underlying, numerical differences between the two files. Not to imply that one is better than the other, but are there particular reasons why some modders prefer one over the other as the basis for their further personalized tunes?

Last edited: May 14, 2023
  12. Danielkart

Hello Easy! The Simucube gives me a lot more feedback from the road and can give me more feedback (curbs, road, car) than the dd1. That means I need less FX in the game because otherwise it gets too loud. The damping of the Simucube and the dd1 confirmed me. Dampening is good at base in combination with friction. In-game damping is better set to 0. Dampening in the game even increases the oscillation when driving ( no matter with which custom) Many new experiences and impressions that will all help me with the V80 Customs and then share them with you when 1.5 from Reiza is ready

• Like Like x 1
  13. ricxx

ricxx Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The rFuktor 5.0.1.3 must be Karsten's latest file, which apparently was posted on February 9 2022 and which obviously has to be based on the earlier 5.0.1, which again of course went through multiple iterations. If I understood correctly all of the tweaked files from all the different people are based on this file.

As I wrote in the OP, if people who were around during that period find wrong info, don't hesitate to correct me.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. easy81

easy81 Member

in realtà ogni volta che provo il tuo nuovo file personalizzato lo modifico diminuendo l'effetto delle protuberanze e rendendole più morbide. Mantengo anche lo smorzamento in Truedrive e in gioco a zero

15. Danielkart

You can also tone it down with in-game FX (which I recommend for Simucube). With damping at the base you can eliminate the oscillation (for me as much as necessary but as little as possible) and together with friction at the base you will get a nice center

16. easy81

easy81 Member

then we compare with the TrueDrive settings .... thanks.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Kuku Maddog

Kuku Maddog Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

5.0.1 and 5.0.1.3 are pretty much the same, and it’s far to far back to remember the differences internally. would have to do file comparison . but not really important now.

I consider 5.0.1.3 the last non experimental file. there was a file that turned on the power steering element that followed for those that liked that system . Im thinking it 5.0.1.4 if i recall .

after that there was some experimental stuff added that didn’t really add anything .

after that my focus was on smoothing some frequencies of vibration and removing oscillation .
    i just say 5.0.1.k as a identification stamp . it’s all from the same generation between 5.0.1 and .3

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  18. Danielkart

The settings on the base are very individual and always a matter of personal taste. In addition, my settings from the dd1 and the Simucube are precisely matched to the custom file. There are things that are already integrated in the custom file and are therefore no longer relevant, or it changes the settings on the base. I think every custom file from the modders but also the defaults from Reiza all result in different base settings. That's why people have very different attitudes and wonder why it doesn't work for them. My base settings are also only recommendations and should be a good starting point for my customs, which everyone can adjust to their personal taste.

• Like Like x 2
  19. john Ellis

Thanks so much to everyone who replied to my earlier question regarding potential 5.0.1 vs. 5.0.1.3 differences. Upon further reflection, differentiating between the two versions in such a linear manner strikes me as misleading and problematic, so I posted an updated collection that removes those distinctions. After all, if the previous folder structure required a paragraph's worth of disclaimers, something just isn't right....

I reorganized the folders to remove the majority of 5.0.1 vs 5.0.1.3 distinctions (except Karsten's files, naturally). Consequently, folders are simply organized alphabetically by tuner's name. Here is the revised folder list:

rFuktor 5.0.1 Karsten Hvidberg et al
    rFuktor 5.0.1.3 Karsten Hvidberg et al
    rFuktor Alegunner68
    rFuktor Daniel V70 for belt 2-5Nm
    rFuktor Daniel V70 for belt and dd 5-8Nm
    rFuktor Daniel V70 for dd 8-30Nm
    rFuktor Daniel V70 for dd 8-30Nm (Motion-tactile)
    rFuktor Kuku High Freq
    rFuktor Kuku Low Freq
    rFuktor Manolo & Stakanov 01 ATMOS rFactor 5.0.1 - MOD V1.4 FIX (WITH YAW)
    rFuktor Manolo & Stakanov 02 ATMOS Hybrid1 5.0.1-5.0.1.4 - MOD V1.4 FIX (WITH YAW)
    rFuktor Manolo & Stakanov 03 ATMOS Hybrid2 5.0.1-5.0.1.4 - MOD V1.4 FIX (WITH YAW)
    rFuktor Manolo & Stakanov 04 ATMOS rFactor 5.0.1.4 - MOD V1.4 FIX (WITH YAW)
    rFuktor Manolo & Stakanov 05 ATMOS - MOD V1.4 FIX (WITH YAW)
    rFuktor Peter Stefani
    rFuktor Theodore Schultz
    rFuktor tUMi

Z-Appendix earlier rFuktor versions [Contains many previous rFuktor versions, etc.]
    Z-Appendix NuScorpii - Heavy Messing v2.5 - Detailed
    Z-Appendix NuScorpii - Heavy Messing v2.5 - Minimal
    Z-Appendix NuScorpii - Heavy Messing v2.5 - Smooth
    Z-Appendix Reiza Basic Rack Force

Also, I placed all of the earlier, pre-5.0.1 rFuktors (from Page 1) and other older files into appendices, so that they are available for educational purposes, but without overcomplicating the main list of files available to activate. If there are other, relevant files that should be included, please let me know.

The above set of files is available here.

Last edited: May 17, 2023
    • Informative Informative x 1
  20. ricxx

ricxx Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

@john Ellis I just realised my answer had very little to do with your question :D At least we got a reaction from Karsten. Would be nice if he got a bit more involved again.

Last edited: May 16, 2023
    • Funny Funny x 1