1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 Custom Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Karsten Hvidberg, May 30, 2020.

1. Dmand

Dmand Active Member

Ooh, that should be interesting. Can't wait to try it out. I would have no clue where to start if making my own file from scratch. I have been tinkering with other peoples files including yours to find a sweet spot on the Logitech G direct drive 11hm wheel.

2. Danielkart

Danielkart Well-Known Member

I don't know if Ams2 supports Logitech's Trueforce or which games already do it. I can imagine this audio based tactile feedback to the wheel changing the FFB. But it would be interesting to know if Trueforce works better with defaults or Customs. Maybe they open a thread for Logitech's Trueforce then other users could benefit from it too :)

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Robert Dolšak

Robert Dolšak New Member

Hi.Is it possible to put feedback when i shift gear.

4. Danielkart

Hello
    Only with motion or tactile hardware (buttkickers)

5. Kuku Maddog

Kuku Maddog Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

There is a function that can sort of give some feel if scale increased, but it has a negative effect of just cutting the holding torque under steering load , and is quite unrealistic and interfering.

(on_off_throttle_feel 0.0) #is felt on: fast throttel up/down and so also on gear shifts with auto-clutch.

you can try it but I don't think you will like it.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. Canard

Canard New Member

Nevermind; tested on other sim and I think the Quick Release on my entry level wheel is loose. I suggest you check you wheel/base connection aswell.

That fix worked for me

Original post:
    For the record I have the dreaded *klonk* aswell on a CSL DD.
    I didn't played AMS2 for a long time so don't take my word for it, but I think it has always been there, just way less frequent, to the point that I didn't cared.
    Now it is there all the time left and right around the center.
    What a shame when the custom FFB's never felt so good. o_O

Last edited: May 20, 2023
  7. Canard

Canard New Member

The connection with the tyres is incredible on this one, might aswell forget about racing and go drifting, thanks ! :D
    Only issue is oscillation, mostly solved by adding a lot of damping in driver, but then the feeling is not as good.

Edit: as suggested before in this thread, lowering damping ingame and increasing FX also helps. Now lets find a balance..

Last edited: May 21, 2023
  8. Danielkart

Unfortunately that is the reality. With tape or 3D printing you have to fix Fanatec's mistakes

9. Canard

Canard New Member

I agree, although a 1min fix and forget on such entry level plastic QR is not too bad.

Their high end offering on the other end, seems to have the same kind of issue.

10. Danielkart

Yes, unfortunately there is a very unpleasant "flex" with dd1/dd2 bases. For these prices one could expect more. Switching to another base made everything better for me, now I'm very happy :)

• Like Like x 2
  11. Dmand

Dmand Active Member

Yes i agree. We can reproduce some of those effects in customs like engine RPM, but pretty sure that just uses the whatever feedback that all other wheels use. I do know one thing, If trueforce is engine rpm, road surface and tire slippage, I can reproduce most of those effects quite well.

A proper implamentation of trueforce would probably work on a different level. I wish i knew more about the lingo, since FFB is all audio signals to begin with correct? Then there must be a way to reproduce that effect in a custom. Much higher frequency tear or scrub settings? I really don't know what the difference in feeling between low and high frequency. I should do some testing to figure that out.

Reiza also reassured me that the current implamentation of trueforce is not final....yay

• Like Like x 1
  12. Michael Enright

Michael Enright Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Aren't you suppose to turn the QR to tighten it up on the shaft? I did not see you do that on your video.

13. Canard

Canard New Member

This is not my video but yes, tighten QR went klonk none the less.

• Like Like x 1
  14. WASNLOS

WASNLOS New Member

Hi guys
    I recently upgraded to a SC2Pro.
    I was wondering if other SC2 users might share their TrueDrive settings in conjunction with the V70 custom FFB file.
    Cheers
    Christian

15. Theo Lupu

Theo Lupu Active Member AMS2 Club Member

As fellow SC2 user im very excited for this, I suspect this will make the custom profiles better for VRS and Simagic users as well. Fanatec seems to have much more of filters and slider than the rest which complicates things.

16. Danielkart

Hello Theo! Yes it is, Fanatec is quite complicated when it comes to settings and very difficult to tune. Simucube is already much more precise in the basic settings and gives me more information. But here, too, it is ultimately always very subjective and strongly dependent on the preferences of the user. There is no "best" setting that works for everyone, but you can try to find a good basis

• Like Like x 2
  17. Danielkart

Hey Wasnlos! This is very subjective and depends on personal taste. But I can give you my settings for the V70. V80 will then look a little different again because the new base gave me a lot of useful new information

In game:
    Gain 65 (Matched to the V70)
    LFB 0
    FX 14-18 (the higher the louder)
    Damping 0 (better to set the damping on the base)

Simucube/ Truedrive:
    Overall strength: 40-60% (depening on the wheel and the car gives 10-15Nm peaks)
    Steering range: 900
    Bump stop feel: Soft
    Bump stop range: 900
    Force Rec Filter: 1 or 2
    Torque band with limit: Unlimited
    Damping: 18% (increase if you like more damping)
    Friction : 12% (gives a nice tight center)
    Inertia: OFF
    Static Force Reduction: OFF
    Slew rate limit: OFF
    Ultra low l mode: OFF
    center frequency Hz: Filter disabled

18. easy81

easy81 Member

maximum strength 40-60% in true Drive. This changes a lot for me. I always keep it 100%

19. Danielkart

Hello! This is only recommended for bases up to about 10Nm. With stronger bases, 100% gain at the base is too much. You have to go very deep with gain in the game and lose a lot of FFB feedback. My files are tuned to about 12Nm peak forces, which is about the same in reality. But as I said, everything is always subjective and depends heavily on personal taste

• Like Like x 2
  20. Danielkart

Now I understand your question a few days ago. The jerks on the steering wheel and that you have to reduce a lot in the file. This is due to your extreme power (gain 100% at the base). Try to find a good balance between base and in-game. And then, of course, defaults or custom are added, and each file behaves differently :)