1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 Custom Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Karsten Hvidberg, May 30, 2020.

1. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek "Love the Simulation You're Dreaming In." AMS2 Club Member

I have compared 100% (TD output) to about 50-60%, (AMS2 FFB adjusted to compensate). I tend to believe any perceived benefit (using TD at 100%) is really a matter of placebo. In either case, I still take the safer route and manage a balanced output to reduce likelihood of injury.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. easy81

easy81 Member

So I tried your settings, and actually, by lowering the overall force in "TrueDrive" and increasing the "gain" in game I get the same force (I think) but without the hard hits to the wheel.
    Another thing I noticed immediately after these modifications is the effect of the front wheels locked during braking. So waiting for the V80 file I continue with your settings. Thank you

• Like Like x 1
  3. Danielkart

Danielkart Well-Known Member

I have interesting information about the Logitech dd 11Nm. It seems that the 2nd file 5-8Nm works better than the 1st file 8-30Nm. In the 1st file it does not bring the 11Nm peaks. The 2nd file works with higher powers and is better for this base. This shows me that the bases work very differently with the powers, and it can be good to test both files. In any case, I will also integrate Logitech's dd in the next few Customs with in-game and base settings. Also with and without compatibility mode. And maybe by then Ams2 will also support the Trueforce:)

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. Danielkart

Very good aspect that you should not set 100% gain at the base because of the risk of injury (with dd with high forces) With the Fanatec dd1 this is even more dangerous because there is almost no bump stop (very hard) and the wheel becomes uncontrollable. And even while driving there are disadvantages with 100% gain at the base

5. Aza340

Aza340 Active Member

Am I right in thinking that if you set lower gain at the base and higher in game you would have more chance of clipping?

6. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

Don’t think so. Think only in game FFB chooses clipping levels

7. Danielkart

Yes that is correct Aza! try 100% gain in game and 20% gain at base (Also set FX to 0) Then vice versa. Pay attention to the FFB (graph) in both tests. Both will be very easy on the Wheel, but they're totally different. One variant will give you the full FFB, but can also quickly lead to clipping. The other variant will give you almost no FFB, but lots of power from the base. That's why it's important to find that balance with a lot of FFB but without clipping. And finally, the FFB file is added, which can completely change it again. In the V80 I improved this balancing act again because simucube gave me even more information

Last edited: May 25, 2023
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Lars Mars

Lars Mars Member

Each time you mention V80 , you make curious :D

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Danielkart

The improvements are only based on the base change and the many new impressions and insights I was able to make. The physics update is yet to come, and it can change everything again. Maybe good, maybe bad. I hope good ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. jtortosen

jtortosen Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Hey Daniel, did you tried already the default + with your simucube? I find it a very good ffb.

Try with 50-0-50-50. I set my base at 70% (15nm). The damping on base is at 20% to add weight, but the ingame damping 50-70 adds a good feeling on the wheel. Also is not as punch and violent and is very homogenus.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. Danielkart

Hey jtortosen! Thank you for your settings. Of course I also know defaults and defaults+ with the Simucube. Yes, with the Simucube, defaults are also more comfortable to drive. But of course there's a reason why I'm still with the Customs, because it suits my personal taste better. Many people drive with defaults and are satisfied, that's good. In the end it should be fun and everyone should take what they like. By the way, there is also a thread for defaults, share your experiences with the people. The more information the better for people

• Like Like x 1
  12. Dmand

Dmand Active Member

You are a fantastic piece of human being. So glad you are here with us.
    I am pretty sure i noticed that and even mentioned that once before about how your 5-8nm file seems to work better then the high end file. Don't remember when it was or where i even said it. It must have been within this last month or two since i got the new wheel.

• Friendly Friendly x 3
  13. jandrovi

jandrovi New Member

Hi friends. I´ve got a Thrustmaster TS-PC. I've been testing "FFB File from Daniel V70 to 8NM" and it gives a great control of the car in almost all circunstances.

Only problem is, when the car is understeering, I just feel a strange sensation: the steering wheel becomes harder and harder. Instead of "softening" once the grip limit is exceeded, it becomes hard as a stone. Is it normal or intended? Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks for your work

14. Danielkart

Hello! It's a little intentional on my part. Because it gives me more control over the car in a simulation. I don't have the true G-forces to compensate. The second point is the simulation itself. There are big differences in simulating the light wheel with loss of grip. Good example of the Porsche 911 Gt3 and the Porsche GTE. Porsche GTE will simulate it much better than the Porsche 911 GT3. It can also be corrected a little in the custom file, but that will only come with V80

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Dud

Dud New Member

Unfortunately this is one of the problems when you prioritize the feeling of grip to the extent these files do. I have tried a many different versions of the the v** series and other ffb files and most seem to put so much premium on grip, they fail to replicate the natural feeling of the tyres loosing grip and the steering getting lighter as they do. I have spent hours modding these files to try to make them feel somewhere in between the high grip state and the way the standard default + setting feels. I use a T300 and have my Force set to 75 in game, Effects set to 50 and Low Force Boost at 40. All the rest are zeroed. Try this file out and see if you like it.

16. Dud

Dud New Member

Unfortunately this is one of the problems when you prioritize the feeling of grip to the extent these files do. I have tried a many different versions of the the v** series and other ffb files and most seem to put so much premium on grip, they fail to replicate the natural feeling of the tyres loosing grip and the steering getting lighter as they do. I have spent hours modding these files to try to make them feel somewhere in between the high grip state and the way the standard default + setting feels. I use a T300 and have my Force set to 75 in game, Effects set to 50 and Low Force Boost at 40. All the rest are zeroed. Try this file out and see if you like it.

17. Dud

Dud New Member

Sorry about the double post

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. Racinglegend1234

@Danielkart do you think the V70 FFB works well with the V1.5 physics cars?

19. Danielkart

Hello! Yes, the V70 still works, but it's out of date with the new update. Physics has changed a lot, good changes but also bad changes. But I am convinced that there will still be changes in the physics until the final 1.5

20. Racinglegend1234

Do you recommend using the V70 or using default whilst waiting for V80?