1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 Custom Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Karsten Hvidberg, May 30, 2020.

1. Michael Phillips

Michael Phillips Member AMS2 Club Member

Curious if anyone else has noticed this -
    I tried Kuku's file and thought it was really good, but even with strength in game and on my wheel at 100% it was noticeably lighter than usual. Is that expected?

I have the logitech g pro @ 11 nm. A full 11 nm in other games is uncomfortably strong for me.

2. Kuku

Kuku Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

which file ?
    it’s shouldn’t be lite as the logitech is similar strength to simagic alpha mini . are you running full power in wheel software ?

3. Michael Phillips

Yes full power in software. I saw Daniel’s post on page 323 regarding the Logitech g pro and how it handles the forces apparently different than expected. I guess that’s the issue most likely

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Kuku

Ok .. interesting.

will look into when time allows . but to help understand.

Did you have fx slider up around 30-40 or lower ?
    and the same for Damper ?
    also does the current default require high gain or moderate gain , say around 60 ?

5. Michael Phillips

I had been running :

gain 80
    lfb 2
    fx 25
    damper 20

on the base (not a lot of logitech driver settings to mess with)
    11nm
    damper 5 to 20 out of 100
    filter ~7 out of 15
    trueforce at 100 out 100, but turning it off completely seemed to have no effect on the issue with custom ffb strength

Per car ffb i would put usually 80-90%. it felt pretty good but the custom files were better imo.

With the custom file I used the suggestions listed in the .txt, and then when i realized that turning gain to 100 on the 11nm base wasnt strong enough i started just moving the in-game sliders all over to try to get more strength.

I just, for the first time, took a look at the actual values in the custom ffb file. are there a handful i could tweak to try to get more strength or is it more complicated than that?

I saw you asked which file, originally i used kuku 1.4.6 high freq, and then tried daniel's v70 - the one for higher nm dd and the one for 6-8 nm dd. The 6-8 nm version did feel 'stronger' on my wheel.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. Kuku

seems in the ballpark on default . it probably has a larger diameter and possibly heavier wheel which would account for some of the discrepancy.

Short term test solutions in file would be increasing master_rack_scale ,and/or lowering static force reductions .

• Like Like x 1
  7. Danielkart

Danielkart Well-Known Member

Hi Michael! Yes it is the power of your base that works differently. Exactly for this reason (also others) I have written different files since the V50 for different power ranges. This will also be the case with the V80 files that are to come, but there will no longer be any differences between belt bases and dd bases. The power of a base is critical and important in order to tune it to physics. An example: my V70 file for 8-30Nm works with less force than the file with 5-8Nm and the file 2-5Nm works with the highest forces. The lower the force of a base, the higher the forces in the file must be. With your Logitech you lose about 3-4Nm so you need to choose a file with higher powers. As you have already noticed, with the V70 file 5-8Nm is more suitable for your Logitech. Of course you can also try to write your own file. But it takes a lot of time and a lot of testing - there are countless possibilities and factors in a custom file that should be taken into account. Decide according to your feelings

• Like Like x 4
  8. ricxx

ricxx Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I can recommend to give all the files a go and see which ones feel best to you. I‘m on a CSL DD and I‘m liking the file for stronger wheel bases much more.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Danielkart

Yes, I will also recommend testing the stronger and the weaker file for the V80 files. The bases work very differently with the powers (notably Logitech). I also know of many Csl dd (8Nm) users using 5-8Nm file, but there are also many using 8-30Nm file. Ultimately, personal taste counts, whether it's default or custom files:)

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. ricxx

ricxx Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I tried the Default and Default+ yesterday and I have to say I can see myself using them for a while. Quite liked them, even without fiddling with damper, Fx etc. Plenty of options ^^

• Like Like x 1
  11. Danielkart

Yes, in my opinion, defaults now behave much more believably and have become much more like customs files than they used to. Nevertheless, I'll stay with the Customs for the time being because I still don't like certain things about the defaults. And with the Customs, I can realize exactly my preferences and my personal taste. But a huge step forward for the defaults I agree with you

Last edited: Jun 28, 2023
    • Like Like x 3
  12. GoobMB

GoobMB Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I had to go back to default+ with beta. Danielkart one (DD up to 8Nm), which I really love, unfortunately does weird thing there: the wheel becomes progressively heavier as you turn it more and more.

13. Deejot_976

Deejot_976 New Member AMS2 Club Member

Hallo Daniel eine Frage ?
    Kann ich deine FFB Files einfach so in den AMS2 Dokumente Ordner einfügen... oder muss die Orginal Datei Umgeschrieben werden ? Mit Kopieren , Löschen und neu einfügen. Habe deine V70 Version viel genutzt. Doch derzeit verwende ich das Reiza FFB. Oder gibt es Tipps das ich dein V70 noch weiter benutzen kann. Lg Gehn Raus :)

14. Handpflegecreme

Handpflegecreme Member AMS2 Club Member

Du kannst die V70 Datei einfach in den Dokumente Ordner legen. Sie sollte dann ffb_custom_settings.txt heissen. Wenn Du mal mehrere Files hintereinander testen möchtest, empfehle ich Dir das Madness Tool - Custom FFB and Profile Manager . Damit kannst Du Profile für die verschiedenen Files anlegen und brauchst nicht jedes mal den Filenamen anpassen, wenn Du wechseln möchtest. ;-)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. Deejot_976

Deejot_976 New Member AMS2 Club Member

Hey Super Danke dir für die Schnelle Anwort Top :)

16. trillbo

trillbo New Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm a fan of the pure rack feeling that the original custom FFB file gives. However, it appears to have some sort of 'soft' clip on some cars. Example is the F Ultimate Gen 2 and the BMW GTE. The FFB bar in the telemetry UI seems to clip at around 50% in these cars. Is this a bug, or is it intended? Any idea what values I can tweak in the FFB file to remove this clipping?

For reference, I'm using a Simucube 2 Pro at 100% strength. In game is 30 gain and 40 damping.

17. Danielkart

Hello !If I understood you correctly, you take Basic FFB.The problem has nothing to do with your FFB, it would also be wrong with the defaults or a custom file.The problem is your in-game settings on the base and in the game.With your settings you lose almost the entire FFB range, which is why you also see these errors in the FFB graph.With the right settings you will get the full FFB again
    On your Simucube 2 Pro, change the gain to about 50% (12.5Nm Peaks) and the damping to about 20%. In the game the gain is about 68% and damping to 0%. This will solve your problem

Last edited: Jul 3, 2023
    • Like Like x 2
  18. trillbo

trillbo New Member AMS2 Club Member

Hi Daniel! Thanks, I will try those settings later today and let you know how it goes.

19. WarmRed

WarmRed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Many people make the mistake of running their base at 100% and then driving at a very low level in the game. I also always run at 70% on base.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. Danielkart

I think a lot of people think 100% gain on the base is full FFB. Yes, it makes sense for bases up to about 10-12Nm. With these forces it is possible to simulate the full force with the full FFB. But if the forces get even higher, this is no longer possible and the ideal range for the base should be found. Only then can the FFB also simulate its 100% and will not be cut or clipping will occur

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1