1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 Custom Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Karsten Hvidberg, May 30, 2020.

1. Alegunner68

Alegunner68 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Have you tried my V80 modded file on page 330? I added brake weight to that one.

2. SauroHD

SauroHD New Member

no, i didn't but i'll try it as soon as... thanks man!!!

3. RimasLeon

RimasLeon New Member

Not bad, I played with your settings. But for me with the @Kuku Maddog file, I sometimes have not connected tires to the road. Try driving the Porsche GT3 Cup car at the Barthurst track uphill and downhill, I think you'll understand what I'm talking about. Maybe we can fix this somehow.

QUOTE="dMASS, post: 249986, member: 50399"] View attachment 28228
    had a good amount of time on it today, love it! left the custom as is.
    things I changed

dd2
    dropped ffb strength from 70 to 60 (with 60 I get around 12-14nm peak force @ long beach hairpin)
    dropped FEI from 80 to 70

in game
    increased fx from 15 to 25
    dropped damping from 40 to 35[/QUOTE]

4. Kuku

Kuku Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

[/QUOTE]

the Porsche cup cars are quite spongy , they feel very soft edged compared to the GT3 .

I run fx over 30 it most cases ,
    You can try increasing texture scale and maybe even just bump up the bump scales or related master scales ,

a lot of converts from fanatec to Simagic mention how much more details they feel . So maybe they just need some more volume of the finer frequencies .

5. RimasLeon

RimasLeon New Member

@Kuku Maddog I tried to raise the parameters you indicated, but nothing really changed. I noticed that the slower you drive the steering wheel is firmer, and as the speed increases, it becomes looser and easier to turn. As the speed increases, the steering wheel should be stiffer.

6. dMASS

dMASS Member AMS2 Club Member

made a small but impactful change, adjusted centering in the custom from 0.5 to 0.52

7. RimasLeon

RimasLeon New Member

Does it fix the loose steering when the speed increases?

8. Kuku

This is something I intended, and is somewhat experimental, irl the wheel has less resistance to turning at speed , especially so for cars with no power steering,
    Like everything, it can be changed .
    It is offset to a degree by downforce compression for high downforce cars .

You can revert this to the default original file values and then adjust to your liking.
    velocity_res_scale 0.4
    velocity_res_offset 0.6

Last edited: Aug 2, 2023
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. RimasLeon

RimasLeon New Member

Much better now. I'm starting to like your file, it has very good features, but it takes me a while to get to the ideal. Now that the rear of the car has slipped, I want the steering wheel to countersteer more. It is very difficult to catch the tail, especially when racing with a smaller wing. Regarding the white center, try playing the Daniel V70 file and I think you will understand what I am talking about, if you manage to have such a center, it would be great. Because your center is very soft like a sponge, I want more sharpness.

10. Kuku

You may need more LFB value.

or you can increase (centering 0.5) up from 0.5 to something like 0.52 or 0.54 and see if it suits .
    Also you can increase
    # Rack spring

(steer_spring_strength 0.0)

Try 0.5 for starters.
    1.0 would be max .

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. RimasLeon

RimasLeon New Member

@Kuku Maddog What parameter regulates the feeling when the front wheels lose grip and that feeling of how the wheels grate (rumble). I don't know how to say exactly in English..

12. Kuku

Depending on which way you want to change it . the vibe harshness comes from (scrub_frq_scale 0.86).

it’s set on the high side to my preference, so it’s quite smooth and rubbery. lower will make it more gritty.

or if you are wanting it to lose its bite effect earlier so wheel goes lighter earlier when slipping try (slide_factor 0.9)

• Informative Informative x 3
  13. dMASS

all these tips are making me want to dig into customs a lot more, it's a shame we have to exit and reenter the game to try out changes. I'd love to be able to adjust values live on the track on a second screen

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. newtonpg

newtonpg Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Not too easy.
    More than one custom cause severe drops to the game (at least at the time Reiza released customs option).

15. Kuku

well to be honest i neglected to add my usual read me file to the upload. half of these queries are covered in that as they are the common user preference adjustments. i will revisit the velocity values and put it all together at some point soon.

i think the game is so fast to get going it’s not so bad and it does make you just be deliberate in you actions, rather than just randomly moving sliders .

• Like Like x 2
  16. dMASS

I started a spreadsheet to track the changes I've made with orginal value, new value and a quick personal explanation of what the effect does

• Like Like x 2
  17. SauroHD

SauroHD New Member

big work!!! when is it complete and if you like could you publish the sheet? I think it's useful for anyone who wants to set up FBB better...

18. dMASS

I had some more time with Daniel's V90 again today. My biggest problem with it is during turns, mentioning oscillations yesterday by that I mean it's kind of like the wheel is skipping as you brake into and negotiate the turn, the weight in the wheel doesn't give a good read on grip and weight transfer.

It seems like v90 is trying to provide feedback this way to tell us what the tyres are doing, just a different approach that may or may not be to user's tastes

19. RimasLeon

RimasLeon New Member

@Kuku Maddog Please do something about rear-ending the car. I want a faster countersteer after losing rear grip. I'm testing your file in WR times with a Porsche GT3 R. I'm testing Monza, Barthrust, Donington, Long Beach. On different tracks. Everything is done now, fixed center and everything else, but the countersteer is not working as fast as i want. Can do Barthurst record, but can't go faster last two corners because of countersteer. At Dalienkart V70, the countersteer is perfect. Can you recommend something for replacement? And there is still very little desire to reduce the weight transfer to the front when braking. Perfection only takes so long.

20. Joaquim Pereira

Joaquim Pereira Well-Known Member

You can mitigate that a little using the damping_slider for a specific parameter (only one variable at once, but is better than nothing.

• Informative Informative x 1