1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 Custom Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Karsten Hvidberg, May 30, 2020.

1. Kuku

Kuku Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

increase ( in larger steps ) oversteer_scale .

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. dMASS

dMASS Member AMS2 Club Member

how do you set up damping so it only controls 1 parameter in the custom?

3. dMASS

I can't seem to find oversteer_scale

EDIT: found it, it's over_steer_scale

4. WarmRed

WarmRed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Try these settings.

Attached Files:

5. dMASS

feeling pretty great with a few of your suggestions, thanks for sharing tips and insights

changes
    centering from 0.5 to 0.52
    velocity_res_scale from -0.1 to 0.4
    velocity_res_offset from 1 to 0.6
    scrub_frq_scale from 0.86 to 0.7
    kerbs_surface_scale from 5.5 to 3
    kerbs_surface_smooth from 0.03 to 0.004
    over_steer_scale from 1 to 2
    kuku custom ams2 rev4 (dmass var1).jpg

• Like Like x 2
  6. Kuku

Kuku Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

I
    ts a bit complicated in these files , was easy enough in early days , but you can assign a scale to be a multiple of damping slider , eg ( over_steer_ scale (* damping 0.1) ) .

but first you will need to workout the fixed values of the existing 2 or 3 functions associated to damping slider variable and make them hard set , so instead of * damping it needs to be 0.3 ( example)

so probably not really worth the hassle .

• Informative Informative x 2
  7. dMASS

I'll give that a shot, re the road texture it's likely that it felt missing for me when trying v90 due to having INT6/FEI70 really smoothening out the feel, where I'm liking the sharper more granular feel with lower INT these days. Now that I've experienced it that way it's hard to go back

8. RimasLeon

RimasLeon New Member

I think you are doing the same. Mixing Daniels file vs Kuku. My settings are very close.

9. GoobMB

GoobMB Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I finally tried Danielkarts V90 ones (CSL DD 8Nm)...picked up these for stronger bases as I did not like older builds for weaker bases as much as the stronger ones. I do not use full recommended settings though because such low FEI leaves me with mushy spongy wheel (32cm diameter).
    Classic file is almost perfect, I do not like the "ralley" one though. It feels great on buggies (cross karts), but RX cars get way, way too heavy steering with this profile. Modern rally cars have superlight steering, you must be able to quickly flick the car with one hand only.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. dMASS

Didn't actually, but funny it ends up there. Are you running a dd1/2 also? What settings are you on atm?

11. RimasLeon

RimasLeon New Member

What settings reduces the feeling of weight shifting forward during braking? And what setting reduces road surface roughness like on Barthurst.

12. dMASS

Road surface roughness you can try lowering texture_scale
    And also scrub_scale try lowering from 2.4 to 1.8

Last edited: Aug 3, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Xzanman

Xzanman Active Member

without doubt the best feeling FFB in AMS2 that I have had!! thanks for the work Kuku

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. dMASS

Made some further changes, having way too fun with this! what rabbit hole have you lead me down haha. Changelog below kuku custom ams2 rev4 (dmass spec2).jpg

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. dMASS

16. Danielkart

Danielkart Well-Known Member

Thank you GoobMB. Of course you are right that a rally car should be much easier to steer. Only now have I driven the RX cars on asphalt. I adjusted the rally file, now the RX cars are correct too. Maybe I'll exchange it in the file. Thanks again to Goob

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. dMASS

made a mistake with the custom I posted last night and forgot to change over_steer_scale from 1 to 2 as in the changelog. made some further changes too, I'll take down the prev custom posts. Time to hook into the 1.5 update now!
    kuku custom ams2 rev4 (dmass spec3).jpg kuku custom ams2 rev4 (dmass spec4) changelog.jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 4, 2023
  18. dMASS

What's challenging is getting it feeling right with all cars. I can get it feeling great on a few cars, but then feels absolutely rubbish on another. Hats off to you guys who really know your way around the customs, getting a balanced file across all cars is very impressive

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  19. RimasLeon

RimasLeon New Member

Anyone knows perfect Default/Default+ DD1/DD2 in game and base settings? And how i can find Default and Default+ FFB .txt files.

20. Danielkart

Danielkart Well-Known Member

Hi guys! Due to the very good advice from Goob (greetings to Czechoslovakia), I will post the customs again.Maybe it was a sign that it has to be the V100 ;)

The new rally cars and tracks that Ams2 has brought are a great addition to the already massive content of Ams2.That's why I wrote my own rally custom, because I believe that no custom can cover this genre of rally without damaging the normal file.Even defaults are currently not able to simulate these rally cars and routes well (my personal opinion) Everyone who knows and loves rally (me too) will feel this missing feedback.

There are already very clever and creative people here in this forum who simplify the change between the customs and rally customs with their own programs.Or people who make it easier to find different customs from different modders.Thanks to you allImportant !

If you need a rally file it is very important to look at the IN-Game values and change them.FX and gain is crucial to that fantastic feeling it will give.I wrote it for you at the beginning of the file, the RX cars are very different from the dirt cars and the kart cross cars.

The "normal" V100 Custom also got some small improvements . As always, the flat spot is set to 0 and can be changed to personal taste at ( flatspot_scale 0 ). My recommendation is about 0 - 0.10

Best of Karsten Hvidberg V100 from Daniel for all Bases 8-30 Nm

Best of Karsten Hvidberg V100 (Ralley File) from Daniel for all Bases 8-30 Nm

Best of Karsten Hvidberg V100 from Daniel for all Bases 5-8 Nm

Best of Karsten Hvidberg V100 (Ralley File) from Daniel for all Bases 5-8 Nm

Best of Karsten Hvidberg V100 from Daniel for all Bases 2-5 Nm

Best of Karsten Hvidberg V100 (Ralley File) from Daniel for all Bases 2-5 Nm

Attached Files:

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Like Like x 2