1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 Custom Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Karsten Hvidberg, May 30, 2020.

1. dMASS

dMASS Member AMS2 Club Member

Made a few adjustments, don't think I'll touch it again as every car feels great now, having a blast!

-increased gain, lfb and damper, then decreased fx.
    -increased INT
    -added 50% more scrub_scale for more tire texture
    -decreased smoothing on
    (m_FL_load (smooth FL_load_norm)
    (m_FR_load (smooth FR_load_norm)
    to feel a litttle more bump sharpness kuku custom settings dd2 post 1.5 rev2.jpg kuku custom settings dd2 post 1.5 rev2 changelog.jpg

Attached Files:

2. momorious

momorious Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Thats what you said numerous times already and yet you are still uploading new customs daily, sometimes several times a day. :D

• Funny Funny x 3
  3. momorious

Hey!
    I tried you new file with my DD2 as I was blown away by your previous work and unfortunately this new file creates massive oscillation (which is actually quite dangerous) and in general a very dampened feel.
    So this new file might work for CSW but is definitely not good for DD (which your previous file was).

Here a video of the "new" file which creates this dangerous oscillations:

And here a video of the "old" file which was just fantastic on my DD2 without any oscillations, it was super stable where you could even actively try to get oscillations but it just would never oscillate but straightens itself agaiin.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. dMASS

"don't think" lol. sorry if my posts have felt spammy. It's more of an educational exercise for me in case anyone can point to things I'm doing wrong or could do better

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  5. Alegunner68

Alegunner68 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Sorry to hear that, :( I have put a warning on my post.
    What car were you in?

6. momorious

Actually it happens with every car...
    Have deleted the new file and went back to your "old" file with some adjustments from me which works phenomenal on my DD2, will include it in my official FanaLab profile pack :)

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  7. Xzanman

Xzanman Active Member

And thats the problem, it is very easy to contantly keep messing with parameters constantly searching for the perfect FFB and then it gets to the point of second guessing yourself and going to more and more decimal places with each setting.

I went through it with the original Rfactor. With Rfactor 2 the FFB works out of the box and there are few in game parameters to change, this to me is how it should be.

I do use Kuku's tune, because the default and default+ options are simply not where they should be.

There is nothing wrong with fine tuning FFB files, but at some point it will lead to madness......

• Agree Agree x 6
  8. RimasLeon

RimasLeon New Member

What in game and wheel settings do you run?

9. momorious

The oscillations happened no matter which in-game settings I used, and I dont use particulary high settings with a gainsetting of just 35 combined with FX 10, rest 0.

10. Danielkart

Danielkart Well-Known Member

Hey buddy!I have ridden your custom and it is excellent for your 6Nm of power at the base.Yes, for higher powers it starts to vibrate but since you wrote it for your base (power) it doesn't matter.(Momorious) I don't think you drive all cars with it, because I know you only drive certain cars in Ams2.For me, and I know for Alegunner too, all cars are important in Ams2, from the old ones to the new ones, not just GT3/4 or GT1.I also think that in this custom thread everyone has the right to post as many files as they want.I also know that you defend Fanatec extremely and you also consider their settings to be perfect (regarding FEI and INT values) I can give you my last point of view on this.The change to Simucube2 Pro showed me that my settings for the dd1 were also correct because they run almost identically well (Simucube settings only a little damping and friction otherwise everything is set to 0 or switched off) If I drive with your settings for the dd1 I have2 totally different customs.FEI is a huge amp, so on the custom you had to (set scrub_scale to 0) and take (tear_scale) higher.But that's wrong, because it has nothing to do with tire chafing, you simply feel the tire tear stronger and the internal amplifier (FEI) of the base.I know you have your own opinion and I have mine, but moving to Simucube has confirmed my opinion.So Alegunner I can tell you that your file is excellent for your strength a great work

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  11. momorious

So you say you KNOW which cars I drove and tested the custom with?
    Are you a magician?

I tried the following cars (OF COURSE its not possbile to drive EVERY car, lol):
    - BME M4 GT4
    - BMW M6 GT3
    - BMW M8 GTE
    - Brabham BT62
    - Cadillac DPi-VT
    - Formula Ultimate Gen2
    - Formula USA 2023
    - McLaren 720S GT3
    - Porsche 911 GT3 Cup (992)
    - Porsche 911 RSR 74
    - Sigma P1 G5

And the oscillations happened on EVERY of these cars and its a fairly broadf range of different cars to be able to say that the new Custom from Ale is dangerous for DDs (but good for his CSW).

And I wont repeat the discussion about FEI again. We had that in the past already. FEI at low values kills FFB details, introduces latency and oscillations and a FEI setting of 20, which you recommend, is therefore just bad.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  12. jtortosen

jtortosen Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Hello Kuku! Yesterday I've returned to customs and I start with yours (as far as I can remember, it was the closest to rfactor ffb). I like a lot, but 2 questions or issues (Apart from this, I will do a round of tests with other customs):

Sometimes yes, sometimes no, I can feel the rubber of the tire when you turn the steering wheel, how it deforms turning on the asphalt. But I can't reproduce the same feel that I have in my mind about how it felt the last time I used customs/rfactor2. Reallistically, rfactor 2 has a synthetic feel of the shape that on the real world you don't, but: What I can tune to get more prominent deforming feel?

Maybe these properties?:
    (scrub_frq_scale 0.86)
    (tear_frq_scale 1.7) 1.6

What range do I use? other properties?

And, the other, is an issue with heavy oscillations. On stationary or minimal movement, the steering oscillates heavily if I dont get it tight.

Info: Simagic Alpha at 100% forces 15 nm (all filters at 0 like yours to try to replicate, usuarlly with 10% damp and friction), 65 ingame, 35 fx, 10lf and 40 damper.

13. dMASS

(scrub_frq_scale) adjusts the frequency of the tire scrub vibe, lower value will be more gritty/rough
    (scrub_scale) adjusts the strength, higher value will come through more

not sure what tear_frq_scale does

14. jtortosen

jtortosen Active Member AMS2 Club Member

idk, I copied from older post from kuku, but don't know if is the poperties for the effect I described xD

15. dMASS

I think they are the parameters for the effect you're describing, atleast to my limited knowledge, but there may be more to play with. do you want more strength out of tire scrub feeling? or a lower/higher frequency?

16. Kuku

Kuku Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

Hi

try increasing tyre stretch feel values evenly .
    front_tyre_stretch_feel 0.06)
    (rear_tyre_stretch_feel 0.033)

the oscillation is very strange , specially with another Simagic,

you may need to lower center_full values , due to the extra strength of the Alpha , or maybe even lower total force in software .

17. dMASS

evenly like this? meaning if you double the value of the front then double the value of the rear?
    front_tyre_stretch_feel 0.12)
    (rear_tyre_stretch_feel 0.066)

Last edited: Aug 7, 2023
  18. Kuku

Kuku Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

yes that keeps the current ratio of balance. But it’s worth remembering it used to be the other way around , with the rear higher , but I felt it was exaggerated rear since update .

19. dMASS

thanks, i'm happy with it the way it is but just trying to learn

20. spyke70

spyke70 New Member

For me this is the best with Simucube 2 Pro

# NAME: rFuktor 5.0.1 - By Karsten with Shadak & Panos
    # Best of Karsten Hvidberg
    # Custom force FFB File from Daniel V70 (Motion-Tactile File) Spyke mod

Rim 300mm
    Lancer Evo ffb 77%