1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 Custom Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Karsten Hvidberg, May 30, 2020.

1. Danielkart

Danielkart Well-Known Member

Your description isn't enough to say what you're doing wrong. In addition, the different bases react completely differently with the forces (processing and output). Do you use defaults or a custom? If custom, which one? What are your in-game settings? What kind of wheel do you use, a light one or a heavy one? Do you have any other hardware VR, Motion, Buttkicker? You see, it's almost impossible to help you because you don't provide enough information. This is generally a problem because there are very, very many different factors that you should take into account. What is a “game changer” for one person is crap for another. A file can greatly improve the whole experience or it can make everything worse. The art is to use all your personal resources with hardware and software and bring it to a symbiosis.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Codexas

Codexas New Member

Do you use defaults or a custom?

What are your in-game settings?
    Realism? Full sim

What kind of wheel do you use?
    G27 like I said

Do you have any other hardware VR, Motion, Buttkicker?
    I have a Buttkicker 2 but these have 0 effect on steering wheel FFB.

When driving in a straight line with 0 degree steering angle the FFB would go nuts on the wheel.
    Like the previous poster said it was the LowFFB setting clipping itself. Setting it lower eliminated the craziness.

Only thing I’m trying to solve now is feeling the difference between rugged grass and asphalt on the BK2 using Simhub. The BK2 effects (even at 100%) seem incredibly tame in AMS2 as opposed to AC. I almost feel nothing (as in bumps on track) through BK2 even just on the edge of BK2 clipping (red light)

Edit: I also tried two custom files for FFB, rFuktor and Pure Steering rack:

Reddit - Dive into anything

AMS2 has much better tire slip and lock FFB modelling than the mush king AC. AMS2 also has much better (well HAS) SAT (self aligning torque) on the wheel compared to AC. But I still can’t seem to feel the tire grip as well as rF and iRacing. :( breakthrough tips welcome (I’m a AMS2 beginner, just installed it yesterday)

Last edited: Mar 23, 2024
  3. Danielkart

The use of Motion, Buttkicker, VR... has a very big impact on the FFB. With Motion I can simulate a lot of things so that I no longer have to simulate them on the wheel. The same goes for buttkickers. What does full simulation mean for the in-game settings to you? With a G27 you can't replicate the realism of the forces because the forces are too small. If you like IRacing or rf2 then these are your personal references but have nothing to do with Ams2. Each simulation has its own characteristics and that's a good thing

4. Codexas

Codexas New Member

I'm sorry but your reply doesn't answer anything and is not meaningful to me.

Are you saying that a Buttkicker would influence my FFB in that I could just accept the 0 steering angle excessive vibration problem (which Xzanman solved 2 posts above by the way), by just disabling steering wheel FFB alltogether and using just Buttkicker vibration cues?

I think you and I both know that Buttkicker effects have 0 influence on a Steering wheel FFB issue that can (and was) solved through in game settings.

PS: Full sim means full sim, no aids.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Danielkart

yeah, yeah, you’ll know;)

6. Jebus

Jebus The Lying Finn AMS2 Club Member

This is my new favourite. Excellent work! Thanks for sharing.

7. RDEstevao

RDEstevao New Member

Awesome stuff man, THANK YOU!
    Love it on my Moza R9!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. Danielkart

Hi guys!

Since many people have asked me to continue my customs, I will send you my personal file.
    Because of Gabriel's advice (thanks again) I had to delete the V700 because there was a discrepancy with the grip and the sliding of the cars.It was just a small change but had a big impact on the file.Because my focus was on the curbs, I forgot to consider other things.

Here you can see how much feeling and experience the modders put into such files and mistakes can still happen.Anyone who has ever tried this will know how difficult it is to publish a good file.That's why I would like to say a big thank you to all modders who do this.

The file was tailored specifically for my Simucube 2 Pro and is based on my last V500.But all other dds also work with it, here are some examples:

Optimized for Simucube 2 Pro (25Nm)
    Optimized for Simucube 2 Sport (17Nm)
    Optimized for Fanatec Podium DD1 (20Nm)
    Optimized for Simagic Alpha Mini (10Nm)
    Optimized for Simagic Alpha (15NM)
    Optimized for Simagic Ultimate (23Nm)
    Optimized for Assetek La Prima (12Nm)
    Optimized for Assetek Forte (18Nm)
    Optimized for Assetek Invicta (27Nm)
    Optimized for Fanatec CSL DD Base (8Nm)

For all of these listed bases there are the IN-game values and the base values in the file and what you should pay attention to or what you can adjust to your personal taste.

This V700 also works with weak bases ( thanks Riccx) The only necessary changes need to be made in the game settings.(Gain) and (FX) and (LFB) regulate everything.The weaker the base, the higher you will need to adjust the gain and effects to suit your personal taste.These are actually the same recommendations that Reiza has for the (default settings) in the in-game settings.

An example for a weak base 1-6 Nm: (Gain) 70-100% (FX) according to personal taste (LFB) only beneficial for very weak bases 1-4 Nm

This V700 has huge and fantastic improvements to get even more feel for the FFB for this simulation.The most important change is the feeling you will now have on the different curbs.High curbs, deep curbs or double curbs (Spielberg historical 74) the steering pulls or pushes depending on where you are on the curbs, just like in reality a really nice and predictable feeling it will give you.
    You will also feel extreme stability in the file, no floating cars.The front axle connects to the tires and track and there are no nervous or large FFB dents.I also slightly reduced the excessive forces in slow corners or when driving slowly.Now the progressive increase in performance can be felt more clearly.The feeling on the rear axle has also been improved.These are the most important changes for you, there are others but they are not so relevant.

Now I hope you have fun with the new file and enjoy it
    This is the current changed and corrected new V700 file

Danielkarts V700

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 8, 2024
    • Winner Winner x 7
    • Friendly Friendly x 7
    • Like Like x 4
  9. Aza340

Aza340 Active Member

Thanks Daniel , looking forward to giving this a try .
    Have you managed to incorporate the feel of steering forces unloading during front grip loss / understeer in this file ?

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Danielkart

The feeling of relief was always there. But because the forces were too high, it was hushed up and pushed into the background. There are also big differences between the cars. Try it out

• Like Like x 1
  11. tk84

tk84 Member AMS2 Club Member

@Danielkart - Thanks for posting V700, another great file. Really like the amount of weight it adds to the steering without causing extreme peaks, curbs feel very alive too. Personally I need to use slew rate limit in True Drive to remove some of the high frequency texture/vibrations but thats only my personal taste.

Looking forward to trying some other cars, only used SC 2024 so far

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. Dmand

Dmand Active Member

Thanks D. Going to try this very soon. Great Easter present.

13. n19htmare

n19htmare New Member

Thanks for the hard work and dedication you've put into this project.
    I've used your CSL DD 8nm custom FFB for some time but have since gotten a Clubsport DD, which is 15nm and also quite a bit more responsive with faster slew rate. Any advice on settings?

14. Danielkart

Don't let this "slew rate" drive you crazy. A lot of this is marketing from the manufacturers and after a certain point you will notice absolutely no difference. I don't know the new settings or options for the new Fanatec bases. Test a lot with your settings on the base and try to get it in line with the file. And most importantly, set it up according to your personal taste

15. ricxx

ricxx Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Very nice to see you share your file with people :) I think people with belt driven bases should try it out, it might work fine and they might like it.

16. Danielkart

Anything goes buddy;)

• Like Like x 1
  17. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

just tried it and it is AMAZING

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. Gabriel "Pai" Legnini

Gabriel "Pai" Legnini Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

First of all, thank you for your work, as usual. A nice Easter present! :)

I did not try this on the cars with new tyres (I have not turned a lap with them yet) but as I am in the middle of a GT1 championship, I did test it with my weapon of choice for it, the McLaren F1 GTR. I don't understand why, but this is the first time I did not find an improvement with a new file of yours. On my end, it has a tendence of delivering a flat torque mid corner, which feels like hitting a patch of lower grip on the track, and tends to provoke an unwanted slide in terms of car control. In overall terms, I found it less talkative and responsive about the grip levels and how tyres load and unload on the tarmac, which was puzzling. It could very well be that it's just this car not playing along with the new file, but as I'm on a championship, I have reverted back to your previous V500, which I'm very happy with.

If there is a parameter you think I could tweak on my own that could be interfering on my experience, I'm open to trial it. Please don't take it as a criticism, a dig, or an unreasonable request, it's just me trying to have a better understanding of how these files work!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  19. Peter Smith

Peter Smith New Member

Hey guys just got myself and Simagic Alpha Mini 10nm. What the best custom FFB file for this base please? TIA Pete

20. Danielkart

No problem Gabriel. Personal tastes are completely different and everyone has different ideas and feelings and that's a good thing. I know people who use the V80 or the V70 or V500 or 600. Others use other customs from other modders and are happy with them or they use Reiza's defaults. Listen to your feelings, everyone should do that. There are now so many good customs as an alternative to the defaults that everyone is sure to find their personal favorite

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1