Automobilista 2 Custom Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Karsten Hvidberg, May 30, 2020.

1. Danielkart

Danielkart Well-Known Member

This is exactly the reason why I recommend a (FX) value that should be adjusted according to personal taste. Without additional hardware, I recommend using (FX). With additional hardware (Buttkicker, Tactiler Matte, Motion, VR...) the feeling changes significantly. But there are differences here too, there are people who don't need (FX) because they get enough feedback from other hardware. But other people need even more (FX) with Immeraion's hardware because it masks the feeling on the wheel. You see, it is very individual and very dependent on many factors

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. TotallyTroll

TotallyTroll New Member

This is really weird. Since in-game damping adds some proper 'feel of weight of the car' to FFB. Wheel driver's 'damping' doesn't provide same effect.
    And it works this way with custom/default/default+.
    I can understand that competitive racing don't need this much. Still AMS2 isn't about competitive racing with it's current state of physics and 'driving meta'.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. TotallyTroll

TotallyTroll New Member

#duplicate
    # remove please, since I can't find such option

4. Erik Green

Erik Green New Member

Daniels V700 Personal is nearrly perfect for my tastes. Only change I'd like to make is, it seems to go a little too light in the neutral steering position (probably mostly at slower speeds but forgot to pay attention at high speed) vs. his V500 versions. Ideas as to what I can modify for that?
    Thanks for the input

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Danielkart

I don't know your base and your wheel. But you can increase the friction on your base a little to sharpen the center or use "Inertia" on your base (if you have one) to simulate a heavier wheel (If you are using a light small wheel)

• Like Like x 1
  6. Danielkart

For me, the disadvantages of using in-game dampening outweigh the disadvantages. In addition, the weight of the car can be felt in the custom file. But of course you can use in-game if you like it better, everything is allowed

7. Danielkart

Hi guys!

After a short while I will post my new V800 Custom to you.The file is extremely flexible and can be adapted very quickly and easily to all bases with IN-Game or Base settings.So suitable for all bases, regardless of whether it is a weak base or a strong base.
    Of course it's better for dds but weaker bases can also achieve good results.The only necessary changes need to be made in the game settings.(Gain) and (FX) and (LFB) control everything.The weaker the base, the higher you will need to adjust the gain and effects to suit your personal taste.

An example for a weak base 1-6 Nm: (Gain) 70-100% (FX) depending on personal taste (LFB) only for very weak bases 1-4 Nm

All the rally cars and routes are fantastic to drive in the V800 without needing another file.Unfortunately, this is not equally possible for all bases because not every base has static force regulation.With Simucube and Assetek it can be adjusted wonderfully (see the base settings in the file)

The file was tailored and written specifically for my Simucube 2 Pro and Moza R21 V2

Current examples:

Optimized for Simucube 2 Pro (25Nm)
    Optimized for Simucube 2 Sport (17Nm)
    Optimized for Moza R21 V2 (21Nm)
    Optimized for Moza R16 V2 (16Nm)
    Optimized for Moza R12 V2 (12Nm)
    Optimized for Moza R9 V2 (9Nm)
    Optimized for Fanatec Podium DD1 (20Nm)
    Optimized for Fanatec Podium DD2 (25Nm)
    Optimized for Simagic Alpha Mini (10Nm)
    Optimized for Simagic Alpha (15NM)
    Optimized for Simagic Ultimate (23Nm)
    Optimized for Assetek La Prima (12Nm)
    Optimized for Assetek Forte (18Nm)
    Optimized for Assetek Invicta (27Nm)
    Optimized for Fanatec CSL DD Base (8Nm)

For all of these bases listed there are the IN-game values and the base values in the file and what you should pay attention to or what you can adapt to your personal taste.These settings are very important to get the best out of your bases and to achieve a symbiosis with the V800.

Change log V800:

1. Customized kart file
    2. Annoying vibrations have been removed
    3. Adjusted base values
    4. The roughing of the tires has been adjusted
    5. Slightly adjusted grip and slip behavior

Have fun with the file :)

Danielkarts V800 for all Bases

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 4, 2024
    • Like Like x 13
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. john Ellis

john Ellis The Rectifier of Names AMS2 Club Member

• Like Like x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  9. Marnus Zwarts

Marnus Zwarts Boost Creep AMS2 Club Member

@Kuku Maddog Hey man, how can I increase wheel lock up vibrations during breaking?

10. Kuku

Kuku Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

there isn’t a specific scale that’s only going to add vibration , but you could try gradually lowering the Tear_freq_scale to change the oscillation wave to be more jagged, or you could increase the Tear_Scale to just make the effect stronger, but it will also increase these effects in general in corners etc. so will come down to what you can live with .

• Like Like x 1
  11. NBrembo

NBrembo Member

@ Danielkart thanks for V800

these lines are not in v800

(tighten_range 0.16000)
    (tighten_falloff 0.01600)

how can we tighten centre a bit. G27 user.

12. Danielkart

Ohh you're right. Sorry, I forgot to add these lines again. You can simply insert them into the V800, just like the previous versions

• Like Like x 1
  13. NBrembo

NBrembo Member

thanks Daniel did that. The V800 is brilliant!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. Danielkart

Thanks for the tip buddy!I will change it in the file and point out that it can be good for weak bases to improve the loose middle

File has been updated

Last edited: Apr 22, 2024
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. Rintintin78

Rintintin78 Member

I can't see the images anymore

16. Alegunner68

Alegunner68 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Just brilliant, feels great all round. Can't think of anything to fiddle with. Damn.
    Edit: I did adjust slide factor to 0.3 to add more grip on fast corners.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2024
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. Danielkart

Hey buddy! Yes, the custom works great for many bases. I now also have a Moza R21 V2 and it is also very good with this base. The Moza is very responsive and inherently has very good static force feedback. The peaks on curbs and impacts or when coming into contact with other cars are also more intense than with Simucube Pro 2. Nevertheless, for me personally, the Simucube2 is a little better and finer with the FFB. But the difference has become very small. I'm looking forward to your settings with the Moza R12. I will write to you via (PN) when I have time. See you soon buddy

• Like Like x 1
  18. Leandro Kemp

Leandro Kemp New Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm using the Alegunner68 Hybrid File V1 file, however there is a specific bump on Yahuarcocha's T1 (a patch in the asphalt) that I can't notice with this file and any other Alegunner V1 or V3. With the standard + and Danielkart's V500 and V700 files I can also feel it. I would like to continue using the ALegunner68 file, as it was what was best for me (CSL DD 8nm), but it is missing this small detail to make it 100% for me. I've already compared some files to try to find which value I should change, but without success.
    I've already tried changing the effects, micro bumps, hard bumps, suspension, among others. Maybe it's a specific line that I don't know what it is.
    Any tips?

I haven't tested the V800. I'll test it today.

19. Alegunner68

Alegunner68 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Deleted

Last edited: Apr 25, 2024
  20. Danielkart

Allegunner has many very good files. But I recommend you take one that he wrote with his Fanatec Base. I think this will suit your Fanatec better. But if you like everything else and just don't like this one spot on a certain route, I see no reason not to use this file