1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 Custom Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Karsten Hvidberg, May 30, 2020.

1. Danielkart

Danielkart Well-Known Member

I am very surprised at how good the base is. Very responsive and direct. The static force regulation works very well. The peaks are more aggressive and pronounced than with a Simucube2, especially noticeable on curbs and road details. You could also say the Moza is more aggressive than a Simucube2. For people who want a lot of strong feedback I can highly recommend the base, for people who prefer a softer and lighter feel I would go with Simucube, Assetek or Simagic. Personally, I like both, but I can ultimately adjust a Simucube2 even more finely and precisely, and of course the price is higher. But Moza is, in my opinion, the better choice compared to Fanatec's dd1 (which I also had). Of course there are now new models from Fanatec and we'll see how things go from there. Unfortunately there are many problems. And ultimately it's always a matter of people's taste what they prefer

2. Leandro Kemp

Leandro Kemp New Member AMS2 Club Member

Hi.
    Where should I change to have more weight/force on the steering wheel during cornering?
    I don't want to increase NDP in software. I use Fanatec CSL DD 8nm.

Would it be along these lines?
    Is there any other line to be changed?

(master_rack 0.70)

(tyre_initial_resist 4.5)
    (tyre_resistance1_timing 0.000)
    (tyre_resistance1_lo_df 0.21)
    (tyre_resistance1_hi_df 0.11)
    (tyre_resistance2_timing 0.000)
    (tyre_resistance2_lo_df 0.41)
    (tyre_resistance2_hi_df 0.31)
    (tyre_resistance3_timing 0.000)
    (tyre_resistance3_lo_df 0.31)
    (tyre_resistance3_hi_df 0.41)

3. TinPeach

TinPeach New Member

I run a Moza R16 and will be amazed if the feeling your FFB files, combined with my cheeky Pithouse tweaks, could feel any better than they already do? Since loading the files (V700 and then V800) my AMS2 experience, and I realise this sounds like sensationalism, has been transformed. I mentioned earlier, I remove all FX in game as I feel this removes to much noise when run with my haptic's on the pedals and seat. The communicative balance and the way it 'weights up' is lovely.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. Danielkart

Yes you can increase it with (master_rack 0.70) but that will also increase other values. Or you can increase (vel_rot_scale 1.0) to perhaps 1.1 or 1.2 to suit your taste

5. Danielkart

Yes, as I mentioned, the Moza is more aggressive and louder out of the box. That's why you can easily reduce (FX) or even leave it out completely because there is still enough feedback. I also have motion and tactile hardware but I still love getting a lot of feedback about the wheel. The good thing about it is that it can suit every taste with just a few settings:)

• Like Like x 1
  6. Danielkart

Hi guys!
    The custom file V800 has been updated with the additional Moza bases R21 V2 and R16 V2 and the associated settings, which can be seen in the file on page 396 in this thread.A few notes and recommendations about these Moza bases.
    I would like to point out that these settings have been adapted for the custom file V800.I also can't say whether these Moza bases (V2 2 generation) work the same as the ones (V1 1 generation) because they have the new FFB algorithm and I don't know whether the V1 also got this update.

1. I recommend changing the “inertia” of other bases to simulate different wheel sizes. This setting is no longer available on the Moza Bases V2 if you use a wheel from another manufacturer. “Natural inertia” can then no longer be set. However, a different setting can be used to compensate for this if you are not using a Moza Wheel, which brings us to point 2.

2. The "Maximum Wheel Speed" setting is actually the same as the inertia.When you reduce the value, damping occurs and a heavier wheel is simulated, making it suitable for small, light wheels to achieve more inertia.Increasing the value results in less damping and is therefore more suitable for large, heavy wheels to make them more responsive.

3. I recommend setting the “Output Torque Limit” setting to 100%.Less will also give you less feedback and with the V800 it is no problem to leave this value at 100%.

4. You should definitely set the “Hands-Off Protection” setting to Off.This “feature” from Moza is well-intentioned but unfortunately it has significant disadvantages.Yes, but unfortunately it works at the expense of the FFB.Since this setting constantly intervenes in the FFB to reduce and compensate for the "rocking" of the wheel, there are extreme anomalies in the FFB.Therefore, always set this setting to Off

Maybe I could give some Moza owners some pointers so they can have a better experience with it:)

Last edited: May 2, 2024
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  7. Siggi_Stoppschild

Siggi_Stoppschild Active Member

I use a Moza R9 and I had a heavy oscillation in AMS2 and I could „fix“ it by lowering the first slider of the Base Force Feedback curve from the original 20 to 10 or even a little less.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. Danielkart

I don't know the capabilities of the Moza R9. But you should always adjust the FFB curves linearly to avoid oscillations

9. Siggi_Stoppschild

With the linear curve I had the heavy oscillation, but only in AMS2. So I lowered it and it went away.

10. Danielkart

I drive a Moza R21 and have 0 wheel sway. I don't know your in-game settings, maybe that's why? But I also know that the 1Generation Moza bases still had problems with the ffb. As I said, I have the V2, i.e. the 2nd generation. And it is fantastic with no problems at all with vibrations together with the V800 Custom File

• Like Like x 1
  11. Siggi_Stoppschild

I thought you drive a Simucube?
    I have a Gen1 Moza R9, maybe thats the problem. But I haven‘t tried the V800 file with the neutral FFB curve, I will do that the next time I drive.

12. Danielkart

Yes, I drive both bases. Yes, it could be because of the 1 GEN it would be interesting to know. That would be a shame for everyone who drives the 1st generation Moza:(

• Like Like x 1
  13. Siggi_Stoppschild

I will test it on Saturday and I will post my results here!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. Richard appleyard

Richard appleyard AKA Neworder

@Danielkart the v800 file works very good with a R9 also using your in game settings and pithouse suggestions thanks great file

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. Alegunner68

Alegunner68 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Thanks so much for doing this, and of course the real names which adds SO much more to the sim. It means I can dig out my old files without rummaging through the thread.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. Siggi_Stoppschild

Is it a Gen1 or 2 R9 Base? Which wheels are you using? Can you maybe post your Pithouse and ingame settings? Just to make sure I‘m not looking at the wrong values (because I tend to act stupid sometimes). Thanks!

17. Cluelessuser

Cluelessuser New Member

I'd love to try out your R9-specific settings. Unless you are using the R16 or R21 settings from @Danielkart on the R9?

18. Richard appleyard

the r16 suggestions but my wheel rotations 360

19. Danielkart

By reducing the "Steering Range" or with Moza with "Maximum Steering Angle" to 360 degrees, you will of course experience extreme swinging of the wheel. Also, the steering input will no longer be in sync with what you will see (if you switch the steering wheel to visible).It will also increase strength enormously. But here too, if you like it better then change it to your preferences :)
    I just want to point this out because maybe that's also the problem with "Siggi Stoppschild" with the pendulums on the wheel

20. Richard appleyard

Just feels better for me at 360 talking to lot my SIM mates there all running less than 900

• Friendly Friendly x 1