1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 Custom Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Karsten Hvidberg, May 30, 2020.

1. Danielkart

Danielkart Well-Known Member

Compare the MC Laren MP4/7A with the Formula USA 2023. The loss of grip and the lightening of the wheel will be felt much more intensely and clearly on the Mc Laren than on the Formula USA 2023. With that I would like to tell you that the cars are very differentreact in physics.This range is very different and will depend on everyone's taste, but if you want it a little easier you have the following option:

change this line (slip_crossover_line2_start_y 0.04) increase this value to 0.1 to 0.15 according to your taste

2. Leandro Kemp

Leandro Kemp New Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm testing Porsche GT3 and comparing the FFC with the ACC. I noticed that the Karsen and SIlver Raw files make the FFB more similar to the ACC. Reactions from the rear are not transmitted to the steering wheel and when the front of the car slips the steering wheel becomes light. As I intend to use both simulators, I'm trying to make the FFB similar, but the V800's reactions are incredible. It allows you to drive at the limit of limit, mainly by feeling the effects of the rear of the car.

Last edited: May 7, 2024
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Danielkart

Always try to stay linear. This change will cause you a dead zone and a notch in the steering

• Like Like x 1
  4. Siggi_Stoppschild

Siggi_Stoppschild Active Member

Thanks, but a linear curve is no option because of the oscillation. This only happens in AMS2, all the other Sims I play are fine (ACC, Raceroom, Rfactor2, LMU).
    I get it also on Default & Default+.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Danielkart

Yes, I know that the wheel swing is present in the defaults. But I have no problems with the V800. Really seems to be a problem at Moza with Gen1. thanks for your information

• Like Like x 1
  6. Siggi_Stoppschild

Siggi_Stoppschild Active Member

I will try again if my minimal change to the FFB curve really will cause me a dead zone.
    So far I thought it still felt good & better than the Defaults. The Defaults to me feel very light at lower steering angles & that is something I don‘t like. You don‘t seem to like it, too, since your V800 doesn‘t have that feeling.

I only tried lowering the first rider of the FFB curve, I will also try so slighty increase it, just out of curiosity what will happen.

Leaving the curve linear is no option for me, since the wheel gets really violent when I’m taking my hands off & it will get pretty dangerous.

I wonder on which gear AMS2 gets tested by the Devs?

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. Danielkart

If you increase the FFB curve on Moza, the opposite will happen. The powers will be increased extremely and it will become way too strong and other details will be lost. Only interesting with the weakest bases from Moza, but here too I would advise against it, especially because of overheating. The base's motor also plays an important role. With the R21 I have an absolutely soft base that works without delays (not quite at Simucube2 level but worlds better than a Famatec dd1 from before). An R9 or R12 can also have deficits, unfortunately I can't judge that. But you can easily test it yourself. Turn your base by hand while it is switched on without the wheel. If you notice notches or resistance when turning, the motor will not work as smoothly and precisely as with an R21. This can also make a big difference when driving

8. TinPeach

TinPeach New Member

Not sure it is a Gen 1 problem, my R16 is Gen 1 and I have no oscillation in AMS2 (or any other sim for that matter) so maybe it's more a Pithouse setting? Just a thought, unless the R9 is very different to R16 of course.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Danielkart

Yes, I also think that the commute can come from the game settings or the pithouse settings. Of course, at 720 or 540 degrees it starts to oscillate. R16 or R21 Moza behave the same, both work with 18-bit encoder resolution. Moza R12 with 15-bit encoder resolution, but I don't know anything about the R9. Maybe it's even less then there can be big differences

10. OlivierMDVY

OlivierMDVY Active Member AMS2 Club Member

@Danielkart is there a way to feel when the wheels lock on hard braking? At the moment I've got zero feedback on hard braking.

Thanks.

11. Danielkart

Hello Olivier! I can't give you an answer to that. You also asked this in the Defaults thread. These are completely different options. In addition, you do not provide any information about your base or the in-game and base settings. But I can tell you that the brake shaking is clearly noticeable when braking hard. I'm sorry

Addendum: I'm not in the Ams2 beta in case something has changed there

12. OlivierMDVY

OlivierMDVY Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I use a Fanatec CSL DD and a Clubsport V3 pedals, I will try in Pure CSL DD mode and not the CSW compatibility mode

• Like Like x 1
  13. Danielkart

Hey guys!

The Custom file V900 is ready for you.Further details are described in the changelog below.In addition, I added other bases, the VRS (20Nm) and Cammus C15 (15Nm) and Cammus C12 (12Nm)

I would like to point out that these in-game and base settings are my recommendations and have been tailored to this V900. But that doesn't mean that these settings work equally well for other customs or defaults. Now there are my recommendations for the following bases. You will find them described in the file V900 when you open it:

Optimized for Simucube 2 Pro (25Nm) (My reference base)
    Optimized for Simucube 2 Sport (17Nm)
    Optimized for Moza R21 V2 (21Nm)
    Optimized for Moza R16 V2 (16Nm)
    Optimized for Moza R12 V2 (12Nm)
    Optimized for Moza R9 V2 (9Nm)
    Optimized for Fanatec Podium DD1 (20Nm)
    Optimized for Fanatec Podium DD2 (25Nm)
    Optimized for Fanatec CSL DD Base (8Nm)
    Optimized for Simagic Alpha Mini (10Nm)
    Optimized for Simagic Alpha (15NM)
    Optimized for Simagic Ultimate (23Nm)
    Optimized for Assetek La Prima (12Nm)
    Optimized for Assetek Forte (18Nm)
    Optimized for Assetek Invicta (27Nm)
    Optimized for VRS (20Nm)
    Optimized for Cammus C15 (15Nm)
    Optimized for Cammus C12 (12Nm)

Change log of the V900 file:

1. The counter pressure when braking in fast corners has been slightly increased
    2. Slight increase in brake tremor when braking
    3. The slip ratio has been adjusted
    4. The grip level has been slightly increased
    5. Excessive road vibration has been slightly reduced again
    6. The grinding feeling in the steering axle has been reduced, which is noticeably better, especially when stationary and at slow speeds

Have fun with the file and I wish you fast, consistent rounds

V900 from Danielkart for all bases

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 10, 2024
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

What is flu?

15. Danielkart

Thanks, it's been corrected;)

16. SimRacer

SimRacer Member AMS2 Club Member

WOOT!

VRS - now this will be an interesting weekend indeed.

Cheers

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. Peter Stefani

Peter Stefani Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I recently bought a VRS DFP DD Wheel motor and an HRS GT8 USB wheel, and have tweaked it for all SIM's except for AMS2. Going to start on it today and see how it goes with a Custom FFB file. In initially I had no issues getting the wheel recognized.

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
  18. Racinglegend1234

Quick question, what does this have to do with custom ffb?

19. Kuku

Kuku Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

Peter is a long time custom user, tweaker and modder.
    It’s a big upgrade for him and I’m sure I’m not the only one that is happy for him .

• Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  20. Racinglegend1234

I know who he is and what he does. I’m just thinking that rig upgrades maybe shouldn’t be posted in the custom ffb chat. That’s just my take
    Edit: @Kuku to each their own

• Disagree Disagree x 1