Automobilista 2 Custom Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Karsten Hvidberg, May 30, 2020.

1. muzarati

muzarati Member

What is gamma in relation to forces and what does it do? o_O

2. Peter Stefani

Peter Stefani Active Member AMS2 Club Member

[​IMG]

• Informative Informative x 2
  3. Joaquim Pereira

Joaquim Pereira Well-Known Member

"Gamma" changes the rate a curve goes from point A to point B.
    Since our senses are not linear in nature, applying a gamma to a signal (let it be light, sound or forces) makes it appears more smooth, more linear to us. Changes it's caractheristics and our perception.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Danielkart

Danielkart Well-Known Member

Yes, I have just tuned and tested my "V6000 extreme" with the Thrustmaster T300. Make sure you use 100% gain ( at the base) otherwise you will waste a lot of Nm and therefore a lot of feedback. There will also be new bases that I will include in the file. So-called hybrid bases (a combination of belt drive and gear drive) that would be Thrustmaster T150 (2Nm) Thrustmaster T128 (2.5Nm) and Thrustmaster T248 (3.5Nm). "LFB" will no longer be necessary in the next file, not even for very weak bases, it will already be integrated in the file. Now I'm waiting for the update 1.6 to tune it to that:)

Last edited: Sep 2, 2024
    • Like Like x 5
  5. j0k3r0815

j0k3r0815 New Member

I read and heard alot about that custom ffb files, would you recommend to use such a ffb file with my DD+ and where can I find these custom ffb files? Thanks in advance and have a nice sunday

6. muzarati

muzarati Member

@Joaquim Pereira Is there a way to soften some of the road noise? I've tried several entries but can't seem to find it, not sure if it's the road texture, suspension or just the physics.