1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 Custom Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Karsten Hvidberg, May 30, 2020.

1. Justdave

Justdave Member

Thank you very much. I was thinking the same. The last thing I want to do is get overwhelmed with too many "options". Pick one and run with it. I will try your recommendation.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Grip4x4

Grip4x4 New Member

Wow, after my first post, I'm replying, maybe because on this forum there are a lot of people who read (like me) and who normally don't want to write, given that here there are a lot of people who are careful about the way something is told, but I don't see any other posts that didn't seem different from sterile praises without arguments, I apologize if I advertised, in fact next time I'll avoid posting at all.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. EcoBrum

EcoBrum Member

You're right though, there's a grain of truth in what you say, because we're not used to well-reasoned advertising and we're usually used to last-minute users, who have just one post and who punctually write that they were struck by lightning on the road to Damascus by trying any file, which for each of them is always the best and that it changed their life and the game, without even knowing what they're talking about. Then let's not talk about purchasing advice and the unique and universal settings that apply to everyone. So I agree with what you say but perhaps advertising (which no one lacks) is the least of our problems, for example trolls, what do you think? :)

4. Joaquim Pereira

Joaquim Pereira Well-Known Member

I think you missed the point of custom files altogether... :whistle:

Custom files are just like Default and Default+. You load it and go play. Simple.
    Like it? Keep it.
    Don't like it? Throw it away.

Custom files are not an obligation, they are an opportunity.

Now that you find one that fits your preferences, you really found what published custom files are for - someone with the same needs (you!) can use it without spending endless hours tweaking. Have fun! ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Xzanman

Xzanman Active Member

There is nothing wrong with singing the praises of something that you enjoy or find useful, or maybe indorsing the efforts of a friend. most peoples decisions are based on the recommendations of others. I merely made an observation, no offence was meant nor trolling intended. Perhaps the fact that the comments I referred to were translated from their native language gives them a certain tone which made them sound to me like they were advertisement testimonials. It is possible that if I wrote about my experiences with a custom file and translated it into another language, it may to native speakers of that language remind them of advertisement testimonials. Personally I found the post, advertisements or not, entertaining.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. muzarati

muzarati Member

I’ve just noticed that I’m not getting a lot of force at wheel centre, kerbs in particular seem very weak when travelling in a straight line, is this normal or do I have something not set right?

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. Grip4x4

Grip4x4 New Member

I thank you for your arguments but I have not lost any point of view and I have not said anything to justify what you are supporting with this cut and this interpretation deliberately demeaning and annihilating.I repeat, FOR ME now the custom Atmos file is an opportunity (FOR ME the other files are obligations, constraints, difficulties) and therefore, now, I reap the benefits that I did not reap before due to too much tinkering. FOR ME it is a very apt point of view.
    Will I be free to say it? Are my preferences bothering you to come and specify that they are out of focus, almost useless and that I have to go play?

I will go immediately as hoped and I reciprocate the wish hoping that on this forum everyone does it a little more than me.
    Now with this I am already at the third message (two definitely useless), do not make me write a useless fourth.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2024 at 3:43 PM
  8. Manolo

Manolo Member

Which file are you referring to? If it refers to the ATMOS we do not detect any anomaly, but the scales of effect are a personal parameter that can be set by itself in the file, you can set more scale, less or 0 smooth or more kerb_bump if you want...

(kerb_surface_scale 5.60) #How much you feel the kerbs_surface effect. Suggested range-values: 2.50-7.50.

(kerb_surface_smooth 0.005) #How much smooth the kerbs_surface. Suggested range-values: 0.001-0.010 (strong effect) or 0.010-0.050 (smooth effect).

(kerb_bump_scale 2.40)

If it does not resolve you can try different cursor with a little more LFB and if necessary a little less GAIN (1-2 step), if again not resolve,then it is necessary to have its settings that it has in its base, the settings in play and to know if it has changed values in the file and if so which ones.

If you reffering to another files, I think that this information is also useful but the author or someone for him will surely respond.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2024 at 3:22 PM
  9. EcoBrum

EcoBrum Member

Didn't it occur to you that it was Stakanov who asked his tester friends in his post to try the 1.6.0 evolution because they didn't know about the update?

If his tester friends are the ones posting the reviews, don't you think they're enthusiastic about what they've also brought forward in the past?

Don't you think that punctually with every publication of an Atmos, there's someone here who's very annoying, it doesn't matter if they're absent for a month or a year, as soon as they come back the same attitudes come out, doesn't it seem strange to you?

Now the users who are normally in favor of others will arrive, the users from 1 message or just signed up, those who will see non-existent defects and then the umpteenth advertisement of others will return.

Nobody talks about others and about what happens behind the scenes??

Nobody wants to attack you, but if you're in good faith don't fall into the trap I've already fallen into. If we talk about FFB and Code of FFB nobody will ever be able to get offended!!! ;)

To all: Guys this place has become a ****hole of squadism ... I'll stop here for now i don't want war for nothing.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2024 at 3:29 PM
  10. Xzanman

Xzanman Active Member

Yeah, I'm not going down this rabbit hole...

11. Xenix74

Xenix74 Member

I've gotten used to the default+ FF but would really like to increase the FX powers. When I drive over the curbs with bass shakers, it thunders underneath me but it stays too peaceful behind the wheel.

Can I also edit the default profiles? I mean, just edit it as a beginner and noob? And if so, maybe a little tip how and where?

Thanks in advance for any tips, this has been bothering me for a long time.

12. Xzanman

Xzanman Active Member

Not really, what wheel base are you using? And in game settings? You really should be able to feel the kerbs. You should be able to play around with the sliders in gamen so you feel the kerbs. Less Damping, more low force boost, or maybe less LFB depending on how much your using. With FX on 0 you should still feel the kerbs of any substantial size.

13. Justdave

Justdave Member

Thank you very much, my wheel feels much better now with your file and settings. Nice job!

• Like Like x 1
  14. Xenix74

Xenix74 Member

I can feel the curbs, but i want just this Effekt a little bit stronger. (~20%)

TS-PC Wheel. 60-70% Force, Low Force Boost 15% Damping 10-20%
    FX 70-100%

15. muzarati

muzarati Member

Thanks for your input but what I mean is the forces are there but only with a certain amount of lock on, with the wheel at dead centre, they are really weak. I don't think it is file specific but I will try others to confirm.

16. Xzanman

Xzanman Active Member

My suggestion would be to lower your low force boost, I don't think your base needs that much. using too much kind of muffles the forces. FX seems rather high too, perhaps try the default 50. Your gain seems about right depending on the car your using. Don't be afraid of a little clipping. Perhaps try lowering damping in the wheel software. Or maybe turn down your bass shakers to be more in balance with what your feeling in the wheel, maybe they are over loading your senses somewhat.
    If none of that works then perhaps a custom file will suit you better, I personally like JPfull but the Atmos file based on the Default+ profile gives out strong bump forces and you will be able to edit it to your likings, it feels very familiar if you are used to default+.

Hopefully someone else will give you some better advice.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2024 at 9:37 PM
    • Like Like x 1