1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 Custom Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Karsten Hvidberg, May 30, 2020.

1. Karsten Hvidberg

Karsten Hvidberg Well-Known Member

Lars,

It is hard to say, I think there's even a big difference bc of wear/tear between t300's, so if the gears are in great shape, maybe it will work ok.
    I think you'll have to try.

FYI: Posting the next version now which might be better suited(6.6.5.9.9.7).

• Like Like x 2
  2. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Member

Would it be possible to have a custom FFB file with no road effect. In AMS2 it always feel to me like the front wheels are bouncing a little, like either the suspension are bouncy or the tyre are not round. I have tactile to feel the road bumps, I would prefer a still wheel, only feeling weight transfer and aerodynamic strength. I tried altering the custom files but I am getting nowhere.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Donato

Donato Member

me too what you wrote, try this file, and another user in another discussion

Attached Files:

4. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Member

Thank you for the file, but it did not fix my issue. maybe it is not the FFB, maybe it is something in the road mesh or whatever. It reminds me of some cuisine where they use the same spice in all dishes, the first time it feels good but after 2 days it makes you wish they stop using it.
    Maybe AMS2 is not for me after all, at least not in the present stage.
    It hurts me because the VR is excellent and some classic track are appealing to me.

5. tUMi

tUMi Active Member

@Karsten Hvidberg Thank you for the hard work you have done in the latest Silver Raw file (Silver Raw 6.6.5.9.9.8 - Momentum Rack 4.4, September 4 2020). I've tested quite a few versions of Silver Raw files recently, many of them were experimental versions which were never released in this thread's 2nd post. While the previous versions worked already great for me but this new 6.6.5.9.9.8 version works just brilliantly in all cars I've tested so far with my TS-PC Racer. It has quite literally everything I wish for the FFB in AMS2, the feedback I get from my wheelbase is phenomenal.

To prove how excellent this file is when driving at the limit, I'd like to post a few screenshots here. Today with the help of the "Silver Raw 6.6.5.9.9.8 - Momentum Rack 4.4" I managed to set a new world record with recently released McLaren MP4/12 on Brands Hatch GP in AMS2 leaderboards. :)

EDIT: Re-posted the screenshots - reason: I managed to improve the lap time of the world record I already had in my possession. :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 5, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. sherpa25

sherpa25 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

FYI, (just saw the newer files), I was using the 6.6.5.9.9.7 Low-end files, when I got the 'pull to the right' on my wheel again, after running fine in earlier sessions w/ the Ginetta @ Bathurst, and Puma @ Goiana. Second session w/ Puma @ Goiana is when is happened, then carried over to another session w/ the F-Ultimate @ Hockenheim. All MP. Just reporting, as the cause (whatever it is) could still be in the latest, v665999.1 and/or v665999.2.

FYI, in various MP session earlier today, the pull never occured.

PS. BTW, can you double-check your 'low-end' and 'DD' files in the set of v6.6.5.9.9.2, as both headings say DD, and though values are not too different, so not too sure w/c is for w/c wheel. Thanks.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2020
  7. Karsten Hvidberg

Hey Sherpa,

It's a copy paste error, just the text is wrong.
    But v6.6.5.9.9.2 felt too heavy for me, so I just re-balanced it and posted v6.6.5.9.9.3.
    Text should be correct in that one now.

I am sorry to hear the pull left raised it's ugly head, I will try and take an extra look tomorrow to see if anything obvious can be found that would cause it.

Best regards,

-K

• Like Like x 2
  8. Dino Pereira

Dino Pereira New Member AMS2 Club Member

How do I get rid of the light weight centre feel, reminds me of turning steering wheel when car is of the ground on axle stands. I am using DD wheel 20nm, any help would be appreciated.

9. Karsten Hvidberg

It depends which custom file you are using?
    Also, what settings are you using?

Simplified, you would use the gain & lfb sliders. But there might be better ways, depending on the above.

10. LugNut

LugNut Active Member

Hi,

Im just about to throw in the towel here.

No matter how many custom ffb files I try I still can't get the wheel to reduce torque when the tires lose grip...under steer/oversteer. I've spent 98% of my time in game just doing laps in TT testing.
    I now have a basicly brand new logi driving force gt now. I know its not apowerfull wheel, but in race room and rfactor 2, gtr2 it works great.. I feel everything,especially in rfactor 2.

All I can get in ams2 is bumps kerbs vibration under braking and a real hard to turn wheel esp when at high speed. I've tried virtually every combination of in game ffb settings.
    Can anyone tell me what parameter I need to change in the custom ffb file to get the wheel to decrease steering wheel torque resistance when the tires lose grip?
    Again within 10 mins of installing rfactor2 I get perfect ffb. I even have to reduce ffb multiplier in most cars there.
    Heeeellllp!

Thank you

11. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

You have to tell your FFB settings (in game and in control panel for your wheel) or no one can help you...

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek "Love the Simulation You're Dreaming In." AMS2 Club Member

Try adding some Friction and/or Damping. I use a combination of both; Friction to remove the looseness around center / Damping to control the rotational speed of the wheel (Responsiveness).

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. Sting Ray

Sting Ray Member AMS2 Club Member

Lugnut....i went back to GTR2 last week cos i really did not like the lack of feel (and desire for rear to spin out). Thanks to people on here, i now use the default FFB on my TM TMX and am really happy with it. So while i cannot help with what 3 settings to use, I bet that there is a default setting you will like. I tried various of the custom FFB files, but the best all around feel i have found with the default. Hopefully someone on here also has the same wheel with some good settings to use

14. SimRacingJunckie

SimRacingJunckie New Member

Hi tUMi, Im just curious as to what settings you are using with this version. I also have have a TS wheel and would like to try this one out. tks in advance

15. SimRacingJunckie

SimRacingJunckie New Member

And where can I find Silver Raw 6.6.5.9.9.8 - Momentum Rack 4.4, September 4 2020

16. Michael Enright

Michael Enright Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Page 1 of this thread. 2nd post I think.

• Like Like x 1
  17. tUMi

tUMi Active Member

Hi @SimRacingJunckie

These are the in-game FFB settings I'm using with the "Silver Raw 6.6.5.9.9.8 - Momentum Rack 4.4" custom FFB file. I'm on Thrustmaster TS-PC Racer Ferrari 488 Challenge Edition:

Gain: 60-80 (feel free to experiment with this value with the cars you drive as the suitable gain value completely depends on a car itself and how strong or weak you personally prefer your FFB to be, for example I'm using a lower gain setting with the high downforce cars (such as the McLaren MP4/12, gain value 60 feels fine for me with this particular car) and a higher gain setting with the low downforce cars, like the Caterham 620R, for example)
    LFB: 30
    FX: 70
    Menu spring strength: 10

And these are the settings I use in Thrustmaster Control Panel:

Wheel rotation: 540º (this is personal preference, you can use 900º if you want the game to decide the wheel rotation for each car, for example Formula cars have different rotation than Stock cars)
    Master Gain: 100% (the detailed gain settings are left on their default values (100%) in Thrustmaster Control Panel, also the auto-center setting is left on it's default value which is "by the game")

Please let me know if you have any more questions regarding FFB settings. :)

• Like Like x 1
  18. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Hey guys, I have been using the heavy Messing file, v2.5 I think it is. Does anyone know if there is a setting in it to stop the wheel vibrating badly when applying a fair bit of pressure to the brake pedal?

19. Slapshot82

Slapshot82 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Your settings are quite similar to mine on the T300 RS. Which version of the file are you using? The reason I ask this, I'm curious to know if the TS-PC is better suited to the "High End" or "Low End" files? I've recently had to rebuild my OS and then had Covid impact my direct family this week, so I've had very little testing time. The Silver Raw 6.6.5.9.9.4 "Low end" file felt really good on my wheel across a wide range of cars right out of the box with Default TM settings and 60-75/35/50 in-game settings.

I'm hoping to be able to put some time in with the newer files this weekend.

20. Slapshot82

Slapshot82 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Sounds like the scrub effect. You should also feel this on grip limit in high speed corners. The FX slider affects this, so you can try reducing there or you can decrease the value in the file itself.