1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 Custom Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Karsten Hvidberg, May 30, 2020.

1. Karsten Hvidberg

Karsten Hvidberg Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 8
    • Winner Winner x 4
  2. torsteinvh

torsteinvh Steam: Nietzroth AMS2 Club Member

Looking forward to the next version, Karsten! I haven't really started testing various settings yet, I wanted to have a stable, non oscillating baseline in place first.

3. Cully

Cully Active Member AMS2 Club Member

@Karsten Hvidberg it looks like you have worked very hard on this, im wondering if it will work with a G29 or anything i need to change?

4. ToMythTo

ToMythTo The Hero We Need But Not Deserved

Instant feeling of slipping tires. Great job lads. Hope reiza just get the licence of this file and put into the its box setup lol.

5. AxisMagi

AxisMagi Member AMS2 Club Member

Nice work Karsten! Feels so smooth, very different approach and nice improvement.
    How can I tweak the oversteer rebound effect when tires break free? I'd like to be able to reduce that opposite pull intensity.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2021
  6. Karsten Hvidberg

It's the exaggerate_over_steer variable, you can make it negative down to - 0.6. But 0.0 matches real life experience of @Panos Schoino sliding cars as much as we could 8)

7. AxisMagi

AxisMagi Member AMS2 Club Member

Fantastic Thank You! I've found the sweet spot :) I'm very fond of sliding as well and race real cars. It's so much fun to have a racing sim getting really close to the real steering feel, AMS2 with your FFB blows all the other sims out of the water imho.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. Karsten Hvidberg

Awesome! Really happy to hear that from you :)
    It's been fun trying to make it as real feeling as possible :)
    There are differences between the cars that the custom file don't know about, so the "exaggerate_over_steer" will depend a little on the exact car driven. @Panos Schoino worked to find a good "base" that was the best compromise we could find between all cars & we made that fit with a value of "0.0". So it makes perfect sense it can be adjusted for better fit, depending on preferred vehicles.

9. ZeferinoCoutinho

ZeferinoCoutinho Zef_mirror_man-zefthebestofcour

• Like Like x 1
  10. Karsten Hvidberg

Yes, there will.
    It's unf. not just straight copy, since there are a few fundamental differences, but I expect to post something either late today or one of the next days :)

• Like Like x 2
  11. LugNut

LugNut Active Member

Hi,

Karsten I'm am so happy. Just did a cpl of mp laps in merc gt3 w mid file with my dfp.
    Wow it feels great. The loss of wheel resistance under brake lockup is just what I was looking for. And the relaxed but not loose center..phenomenal!
    Going to try other cars before I ask any questions.
    Thank you and all involved for bringing some bright spot in my life in these dark times.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. Panos Schoino

Panos Schoino New Member

I just want to personally thank Karsten for all the effort and hours spent on this file. It simply brought AMS2 on another level, so Kudos mate, it is awesome!! I had previously lost hope with AMS2, but now with this file, i think it may be one of the best sims:)
    This is an all round balanced file with the intention to work well and consistently with all cars and to my opinion it does exactly that. The ffb feels smooth and just "right", i could even say quite "realistic".

Regarding the oversteer rebound forces, as Karsten said, it was set to work more or less well with all cars. My suggestion before adjusting the exaggerate over steer value in the file, would be to try for each car various settings on the gain, lfb and even damping.

Once more THANK YOU Karsten!!

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  13. Karsten Hvidberg

Heh, I actually posted @Renato Simioni about it, but I did not get a response yet. Maybe they don't see much reason to cooperate on it for some good reason or they simply are buried in messages & a lot of work.

With how good it feels now it would make sense, I think. I must admit I would be sad & disappointed if it was just "copied over" internally, since it's now been a lot of work & involved many people from here and other places.

In the end it could be fun with some real cooperation, so our contribution made a difference for all users as well as Reiza/AMS2 :)

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Karsten Hvidberg

I think the low end file should work, but you prob. will need the Lfb really high. I have a line you can also paste in to the file if you need more boost at the low end.
    Just let me know.

• Like Like x 2
  15. torsteinvh

torsteinvh Steam: Nietzroth AMS2 Club Member

Absolutely amazing :)

Just tried the new file, and it felt very, very good, even with my baseline settings. A bit more experimenting with the settings, and I think I will be more than happy with the FFB for the time being, and be able on concentrating on enjoying the game without tweaking stuff all the time ;)

And if you manage to pull off the same feeling in PCARS2 that will be awesome. I mostly spend my time in AMS2 now, but PCARS2 is still nice for the tracks that aren't in AMS2.

Again, thanks for all the hard work you and your collaborators have put in!

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. Marcin

Marcin Member

Hi Would you recommend settings for Csw 2.5?

17. JoKeR

JoKeR Member

Hi Karsten, G25 user here. You got me very curious about this "line". Can you show it, please?
    Right now I'm using Low End file, with 70/78/100/0/40 settings in game, but hard to find some fine things that were felt in earlier versions, like when cars go airborne on a hilltop (suspensions) or when tires loose traction. It's felt, but its somewhat weak still.
    Anyway I agree this is by far the best of the pack so far. Kudos and thanks. :)
    PS: will experiment with Med.
    EDIT: to my surprise, my G25 felt better with MID than LOW. Adjusting the suspension_scale I can feel more when airborne.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2021
  18. Enagee

Enagee jim joneZ AMS2 Club Member

Hi KH,

Would T500 be classed as low or mid?

Thx

19. Kuku Maddog

Kuku Maddog Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

Mid mostly, but i’m struggling to find which is better for me ,mid or high . I might need a blender to find middle ground.

At default scales i’m not getting a heck of a lot of slip feel over 6.6.5.34. so need to experiment.
    but overall it feels really good and cars feel easy to control.
    @Karsten Hvidberg , The Dampening slide seems to make little difference no matter what end , but i guess it’s more to help DD oscillating, which wasn’t an issue i ever felt on my Thrusmaster.
    with mid i’m finding a need for more gain than normal and Lfb seems to need to be stronger too.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Karsten Hvidberg

Good point on the suspension. The king will need some meds to improve in that respect. I will post something tomorrow 8)