1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 Custom Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Karsten Hvidberg, May 30, 2020.

1. Kuku Maddog

Kuku Maddog Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

Probably the v8 supercar with spool diff.
    Or if your feeling adventurous the GT5 thing, reiza have messed with it in updates and it’s terrible in default

2. Karsten Hvidberg

Karsten Hvidberg Well-Known Member

Thanks,
    also can you describe "forces not dropping off fast enough when counter steering and get off throttle." a little more?
    How much too slow is it?

3. Kuku Maddog

its hard to explain.. but once the rotation force and momentum of that rotation is up to a certain this is not going to end well level there's a pulling me further feel.
    I think raising static force reduction helps to make it easier to correct.

4. Kuku Maddog

Yeah nah, Raising Static force reduction fixes it for sure :)

5. Panos Schoino

Panos Schoino New Member

Kuku i had the same issue with .41 and oversteer. FFB feels quite in grip conditions, but the moment grip is lost in the rear wheels, it is impossible to control it even with the most precise throttle control. But i believe Karsten will iron out this issue very soon.

6. Kuku Maddog

In the meantime you can raise the static force reduction , which is on zero in the scales in this file.
    Try 0.25 for a start.

7. Panos Schoino

Panos Schoino New Member

I actually wanted to avoid going down that route with the static force reduction as i am not sure how it messes up forces while driving hard on the edge. I believe that this was the reason Karsten set it to 0 in this iteration.

8. Andy

Andy Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Hi all.
    I know its a bit lazy, but can anyone tell me which file and settings to use for a thrustmaster t500?
    New to AMS, and just finding the default ffb lifeless.
    I've read through a lot of the thread, but can't find much on the t500
    Many thanks

9. GTR886

GTR886 New Member

This is the Best DD2 setting for AMS2 so far that I have tested with all the custom FFB profile out there.
    The silver-raw-6.6.5.41 profile gives this jolt or crank bang when you run over curbs. for example in silverstone, it feels like its going to break your internal motor. So the following files are for fanalab and customer fbb in ams. rename "#ffb_custom_settings_detailed" to "ffb_custom_settings" and place it in your ams2 folder.

DD2 Profile and custom setting with in this file. (NuScorpii V2.5 tweaked)
    DD2 Profiles:
    https://forum.fanatec.com/uploads/101/UPXNILTLVRD9.rar
    DD1 Profiles:
    https://forum.fanatec.com/uploads/412/9UH5X70Z6WMA.rar

in Game:
    Gain: 30
    LFB: 10
    FX: 30
    Damping: 50

DD2 Driver 399 beta

EN - auto
    FF - 100 - always use 100 on the wheel
    LIN - OFF
    NDP - 15
    NFR - OFF
    NIN - OFF
    INT - 3
    FEI - 80
    FOR - 100
    SPR - OFF
    DPR - 100
    BLI - OFF
    SHO OFF

edit: Change the kerb bump setting to 0.25 and kerb scale to .6 to eliminate the fanatec DD jolt for the silver raw custom profile.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2021
  10. Karsten Hvidberg

Hey GTR886,

You know you can easily turn down the kerb force in the file?
    (but we will still make it more rubber shortly)

Aside from that, I am not sure if you're aware, but I am posting what people like best in the 1st post of this thread, so let me know if you would like that.

Best,

-K

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. GTR886

GTR886 New Member

That would be great! especially for the fanatec DD, the curb force sounds like the internal motor is being hit by a hammer! It would be perfect if you can include some kind of starting recommended setting for fanalab and in game setting in the file.

12. Karsten Hvidberg

You mean copy your recommended settings here in to the hm file and post it like that? Or rubber silver raw and post that?
    I would like to post what we all like the most, so if you prefer hm 2.5 with your settings here, then hm 2.5 with instructions included seems to be what you mean?
    I might just be tired 8)

13. Karsten Hvidberg

• Like Like x 6
  14. torsteinvh

torsteinvh Steam: Nietzroth AMS2 Club Member

Perfect!
    Looking forward to test it tonight :)

EDIT:
    Took the McLaren GT3 and the Porsche GT1 for quick spin before dinner, and I felt the big kerbs still was a bit harsh compared to the rest of the forces. Did one change that feels better to me:
    (kerb_bump_scale 0.35) (was 0.5)

I don't know if this setting has an impact on other things, but it didn't feel like it. It just took the harsh edge off the big kerbs.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Stakanov

Stakanov Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I confirm the excellent sensations of this .42 version as it is very similar to the .41 version that I already loved ... ;)

The values involved therefore always remain the same as the previous ones with a medium gain, high lfb-fx and without damping therefore 50-80-85-0 ... but I add that even Peter Stefani's in-game preferences are not bad too if different because characterized by a high gain, lfb fx-average and which adds the use of damping 90-60-58-50 ...

Both settings are on the two different approaches G920 FFB I mentioned many posts ago ... I'd like to know what you think Mr. Peter and if could judge my values ...

As always a big thank to Karsten for his work!!! ;)

---------- Preferred by @Stakanov ----------
    Jan 21 - 2021 - Original: Silver Raw 6.6.5.42 - Momentum Rack 5.2" - LOW or MED
    In-game settings: 50-80-85-0

---------- Preferred by @Peter Stefani ----------
    Jan 19 - 2021 - Named: SlvRaw-v6.6.5.41-MomRk5.2-G920
    In-Game FFB settings: Gain 90 - LFB 60 - FX 58 - Damping 50

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  16. Peter Stefani

Peter Stefani Active Member AMS2 Club Member

- Damping:
    * Consists of combination of target speed damping as well as an active dynamic damping.
    * Neither adds crazy damping, but there's a gradual change from 0 to the 100%.
    * The whole range should be fine to use, with no danger of exaggerated feel of damping.
    Even with the above description, I'm not actually sure what the Damping does, and didn't really feel any difference with it at 50% or 0.0%. If anyone can explain it better, then I could check again if I know exactly what I'm looking for in feel.
    Thanks in advance.
    @Stakanov I will check out your .42 file and let you know.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. Stakanov

Stakanov Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I also do not feel a particular difference between a damping 0 to 50 ... I can only say that with high gain values and / or close to clipping then the damping makes me feel not only the peaks and perhaps get less cropping forces .. . with your settings with a gain of 90 and a lfb of 60 on the G920 we are almost at the clipping limit and occasionally clipping arrives ... maybe with damping the peaks are heard a little less ... but so am I ( on a practical level and in real use) very hesitant, perhaps because the G29 and the G920 have too limited forces ... o_O

Thanks in advance if you will try my values, it would be very interesting for me to know your feelings and above all what you would modify (in karsten's file with a base of 60-80-85-0) to make it consistent with your senses ... :)

18. Kuku Maddog

.42 Mid feels pretty good out of the box .
    don’t think i need to tune much.
    Think i like to reduce front load exaggeration.
    and smooth out scrub a little

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  19. GTR886

GTR886 New Member

I think the issue is mainly for DD1/DD2 users. I tried the PC2 and ASM2 silver raw file and they both have crazy hash jolt crank when you hit the curb or apex. especially the curb, my dd2 sounded like someone put a wench in between the motor while it's spinning. Can you please point to where we can edit the curb and apex ffb setting for DD1/DD2 users?

Last edited: Jan 22, 2021
    • Informative Informative x 1
  20. torsteinvh

torsteinvh Steam: Nietzroth AMS2 Club Member

While we wait for Karsten, I changed this value: (kerb_bump_scale 0.35)

Default in the file is 0.5. I tested both 0.3 and 0.35, but I felt 0.3 weakened the regular rumble strips too much.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1