1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 - Extended Car Info Spreadsheet

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Coanda, Mar 23, 2021.

1. oez

oez Mayor of Long Beach AMS2 Club Member

You can also now find steering wheel info on ams2cars.info :)

• Like Like x 3
  2. oez

I’m interested in such a project. I want to add tracks to ams2cars.info soon. But the data part will take some time.

What other such columns should tracks have? I can think of country, layout year, cw/ccw, and grade.

• Like Like x 4
  3. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

Height/air concentration and humidity levels as an indication for expecting more or less engine performance loss.

Pit slots, pit length (meters and/or time if you want to have fun measuring for each speed) to better plan for stops and strats.

Average sunrise and sunset times for each 1st day of a season (longest, shortest, equal length days) so one can better pick a date and starting time. Maybe average weather for 1st day of season. Gives idea of climate if coupled with height and humidity but you can also generalise it (tropical, subtropical, coastal, mountainous).

Add a couple tidbits and fun facts about a track, city, region, country a la Formula 1 RacingCircuits.info will have you covered.

Maybe add a live weather widget for the location.

Then down the line make a random combo generator :p

Last edited: Jul 10, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

I have floated the idea to create a extended track info spreadsheet although I just have not found the time to do it and I also wondered if others would what it.. Since it looks like a few of you do maybe I can knock something up over the coming weeks.. Please be patient with this one.. :)

^ All great suggestions you guys have come up with.. I would probably add the following too..
    - cardinal direction
    - night lighting indicator
    - Reiza seasonal foliage indicator

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. Coanda

IMSA Cadillac DPi V.R - Tyres

Currently in AMS2 this vehicle has a Soft Slick and Wet tyre compound option available. Michelin the official tyre supplier for this series offer a Medium & Hard Slick tyre compound with the permitted use of single slick compound nominated for each race round.

"Two compounds nominated for the season, but just one compound available at each race"

"DPi and LMP2 cars will run on identical semi-confidential tires throughout the season, alternating between IMSA-specific medium and hard compounds.

Medium compounds are set to be used for the first five races of the season, as well as the Motul Petit Le Mans, with the hard compound for the summer-time rounds at Watkins Glen International, Canadian Tire Motorsport Park, Road America, as well as at WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca.

The same season-split will be used for GT Daytona, with the exception of Laguna Seca, which will use the softer S8 compound, with the S9 declared for the GT-only races at Lime Rock Park and Virginia International Raceway."

IMSA Cadillac DPi V.R - Suspension

This vehicle features a third spring element both front and rear. Currently this is not available in AMS2. Penske shocks are the supplier.

"Finally, a front third spring/damper is connected between the rocker arms that controls chassis pitch and dynamic ride height (hidden from sight in the DPi-V.R)."

"Its third spring/damper sits between the primary dampers/shocks, like the ORECA 07."

Front - Torsion bars (red, inside their forward housings), rocker arms (purple), dampers (orange), rocker-to-anti-roll bar links (cyan), anti-roll bar (yellow).
    [​IMG]

Rear - Rocker arms (purple), dampers with coilover springs (orange), rocker-to-anti-roll bar links (cyan), T-style anti-roll bar (yellow), third spring/damper (green).
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 15, 2021
    • Informative Informative x 2
  6. Coanda

IMSA Cadillac DPi V.R - Front Aero

In real life this vehicle features different front dive plane options. Currently in AMS2 there is no front down force adjustment option although we do see this option for the Ginetta G58.

"The Cadillacs have multiple dive plane options that vary in number and length."

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Informative Informative x 2
  7. Coanda

v1.0.28 (OP updated)

- added GT Classics 1974 Porsche 911 RSR
    - added Ui class colour to class (white = not set)
    - updated # of Gears & Shift Type for Caterham Supersport (360R), Formula Classic G2 M1, Formula Classic G2 M2 as per the dev changes

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  8. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

@Coanda
    I see that you're having fun with the spreadsheet.
    Nice work.
    Are you also planning to include some more game-related features in the spreadsheet?
    I am thinking of fuel consumption, the tires to be chosen and their wear and tear and the adjustment possibilities of the setups, Which settings are customizable in the car-setup, such as; whether or not editable diff settings, fast bump gears.. etc

9. Coanda

Thank you..

Not really due to limited time..

This is possible although different tracks with varying characteristics and altitude with different fuel mixs will produce varied results. A single track could be used as a basic reference. I'll think about this one some more and see what can possibly be done..

No, too involved although available tyre compounds are already listed..

No, to many setup combo/variables.. Diff is already listed; anything not "FIXED" is open to adjustment..

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. oez

Hello! @Todd Norbury pointed out to me while browsing COA2 that the 49C should be from 1969. The original revision is from 67, but I think the year should be for the revision C. There are other documented examples in the F1 world including the upcoming MP4/1C where the same chassis model got revisions that made a dent.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Coanda

v1.0.29 (OP updated)

- added Chevrolet Corvette C3 and Chevrolet Corvette C3.R
    - updated Caterham Superlight to Avon tyres
    - updated various class colours
    - altered data sort
    - altered heading text colour

Last edited: Oct 4, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  12. Kai Sforza

Kai Sforza New Member

I was just looking at the sheet, and I believe that the Porsche 718 is a mid engine car (unlike it's 911 cousin), but the sheet just lists it as "R" not "MR" in the engine row.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 2
  13. Coanda

thanks matey nice spot! Adjusted in the GS..

• Like Like x 3
  14. newtonpg

newtonpg Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Welcome back!
    We all missed you.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. doomwarriorx

doomwarriorx Member

Porsche 962C engine is all over the place - are you sure it is a 935? If the torque is correct it is a 962/70 - but this should have a displacement of 2.8l and is a single turbo. The horsepower is more in the ballpark of the 962/71 target for short IMSA races with 3.2l also single turbo. To race against the Sauber it should have been 935/82 with a twin turbo. But both torque and hp are too low. Plus the ingame cockpit does not have the Bosch Management controls of that engine either...
    Porsche 911 GT1 '98 engine is: M96.80 (or M96/80)
    Porsche 991 GT3 3.8 Cup engine is: MA1.75 (or MA1/75) should have 460hp - http://www.carreracup.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/2016-991-Cup_Technical-Manual-V1.pdf.pdf
    Porsche 991 GT3 4.0 Cup engine is: MDG.GA should have 485hp - https://www.carreracup.com.au/wp-co...ical_Manual_911_GT3_Cup_991_MY_2019_V8_en.pdf
    Porsche 991 GT3 R engine is MA1.85
    Mercedes-AMG GT3 engine is M159

Last edited: Nov 29, 2021
    • Informative Informative x 4
  16. Coanda

v1.0.30 (OP updated)

- added VW TSi, Vintage Touring Car Tier 1, 1998 F-USA CART cars
    - added Weight Distribution % and Wheelbase for all vehicles. Front & Rear Track will come in the next update
    - reinstated # of Tyre Compounds field
    - added new tyre types and amended various vehicles as per the recent changes
    - retested all vehicles power output and amended various vehicles as per the recent changes
    - revised all vehicles and amended various vehicles weight as per the recent changes
    - revised all vehicles and amended various vehicles DOR as per the recent changes

Holden ZB Supercar
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  17. José Llamas

José Llamas Member

Thanks for the spreadsheet, very useful data for me. One question, please: where can I find the current tyre model version or development status of each car?

18. nyrmetros

nyrmetros New Member

The CART Champcars are everything!

19. Coanda

v1.0.32 (OP updated with link)

- updated all vehicle information as of v1.4.5.2
    - added various new classes/vehicles
    - added front & rear track information for all cars
    - added front & rear tyre diameter information for all cars

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2