1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 - Extended Car Info Spreadsheet

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Coanda, Mar 23, 2021.

1. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Thank you. This information comes from Reiza and the vehicle selection Ui. Their Formula Vee version has this listed as a S4. Do you know when this changed from F4 to S4? If this is wrong then a bug will have to be raised to have the vehicle Ui info fixed..

On a side note I am also chasing a year information for these vehicles. If you know please shout out..

2. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

• Like Like x 1
  3. doomwarriorx

doomwarriorx Member

For the brazil Vee not sure. The Formel Vau changed to a Inline 4 in 1978. But bug production was up and running in brazil even after 2000. So very likely they changed last recent years.

The car with fins should be the 2019 model. Because was playable already in jan 2020 and:
    João Pedro Maia | Racing career profile | Driver Database
    The car without fin the 2018 model, because one of the livery is named 2018 and
    Trevor Carmody | Racing career profile | Driver Database

Edit: I would also suggest to split the list in chassis manufacturer and engine manufacturer. At least for formula & protoype cars. Currently there is a ugly mixup of those two. E.g. the F3 is stated as a Dallara but the Vee is called VW. Even through the Vee chassis was never designed and produced by VW. And other way around Dallara never produced an engine. The F3 has a lot of engine supplieres. Since the F3 based on the brazil championship it should be a 2l Inline 4 from Ford tuned by Berta.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2021
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Coanda

v0.9.5 (OP Updated)

- created Google Spreadsheet. Link is in the OP
    - updated power steering indicator for various vehicles
    - updated GTR Ultima (640) and Copa Truck shift type

Last edited: Apr 17, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  5. doomwarriorx

doomwarriorx Member

6. Coanda

This is how Reiza have it set in the game. The latest two versions have VW and Fiat added for Copa..

7. Coanda

If anyone has the following vehicles in iRacing please let me know as I would like the Steering Force information that is logged from iRacing through Motec.

- Williams FW31
    - McLaren MP4/30
    - Lotus 49
    - Lotus 79
    - Skip Barber F2000
    - Porsche/Audi LMP1
    - Nissan GTP ZX-T GROUP C
    - Aston Martin GT1
    - Porsche 911 RSR
    - Ferrari 488 GT3
    - Mercedes AMG GT3
    - McLaren 570s GT4
    - Porsche 718 GT4
    - BMW M4 GT4

@Peter Stefani - The Wheelbase, Track & Tyre dimension columns have been added to the google sheet that is linked in the OP (new link). If you can add the data anytime in the future that would be grand.. Thank you!

Last edited: Mar 26, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Coanda

I plan to do this when I have time and also add more engine info.

9. Peter Stefani

Peter Stefani Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Added the WB, TRK, and TD's the best I could from the data we have collected. The values are user based, so if you have some values that you think are more accurate, then just update the spreadsheet.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Coanda

• Like Like x 1
  11. Juan Reinoso

Juan Reinoso Doctor SimRacing AMS2 Club Member

I think it would be extremely useful to know the ideal tire pressures for each car

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  12. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

It's a bit different here, than ACC, for example.

The "recommended" cold-values are already set by default, but they will vary, depending on downforce, suspension/camber, track and weather.

Also it can pay off, to run lower pressures, but tires will degrade with tearing/graining/blistering, if handled/breaked in wrong or weather is extreme in temps.

You have to adjust your ideal contact to the road by the I/M/O temperatures method. Outside a bit colder than inside in a range of 5-7°C
    (Front can have more difference, than rear) and the middle one inbetween this range, but not hotter or colder than I and O. (Determinated by camber setting)

The middle temps will tell you, if your tire pressure is too high or too low. Too low M temps in relation to I and O means pressure should be too low, if i'm not totally wrong right now. (Middle temps tell you, if there is contact patch to the road on the middle of the tire, causing it to heat up to begin with)

It's not hitting magic numbers, but finding approximation to a uniformly heated and settled tire. I hope, that was a bit helpful. :D' (Had to edit it a few times, not gonna lie, i'm really rusty :D)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

Be aware that your brake duct openings will determine the amount of brake cooling. You should set that before the tire pressure for the simple reason that if your ducts are too closed, your excess brake heat will bleed into the tire's airspace and possibly overinflate the tire.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Juan Reinoso

I understand how to configure the tire pressure, but each tire has an optimal pressure given by the manufacturer, so I don't understand why it should be different from other simulators, since that is how it is in real life

15. CrimsonEminence

The default cold recommendations (to reach safe hot pressures) are set already in the defaults. (Should be, at least)

The manufacturers-"optimal" tire pressures for many cars aren't "optimal" though and rely also on camber and other things for example. Also in real life teams usually run hot pressures under the manufacturers recommendations as far as they can get away with.

Here an example for the Michelin, that is on the Porsche Cup and why it isn't that easy:
    SmartSelect_20191101-001851_Drive.jpg
    SmartSelect_20191101-002000_Drive.jpg

This doesn't mean, AMS2 does it spot on, of course, but i don't know any racing sim, that does it completely right, without some "fudges" to achieve the goal.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. Juan Reinoso

But there you have a range of optimal pressures...

17. CrimsonEminence

These recommendations of manufacturers are more recommendations to keep the tire surviving its lifespan, than "optimal contact patch".

The true "optimum" of a tire more likely depends on several things, that i'm to stupid to explain ( :D ), but it's for sure load and weather dependent etc. and which goals you are aiming for...it's not a magic number, you hit and you have suddenly better grip. ^^'

18. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I don't know what tyres these are, but the optimal pressures at Imola for the Porsche Cup on hards are around 1.70-1.75 bar, and that is barely even in the "minimum hot pressure" given by Michelin. And certainly I never ever want 2.00 bar as my hot pressures.

19. CrimsonEminence

I think the upper one is the one. (And surprisingly it also fits with recommendations)
    (27/65-18)

The bottom ones are HUGE :D

And again: A manufacturer will not give you the ultimative "optimum" pressures, but a safe recommendation for something, that makes you survive your run. I'm very sure, the teams also would stay under 2 bar with the 31 for sure.

20. Coanda

That applies to the F309. What about the F301..?