1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Renato Simioni, Apr 4, 2020.

1. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Active Member

It took me time but I'm now more happier with my new settings using the "new default" than previously.
    It's painful, but we have to move to the "new default", and it will progress too later, so better to follow the move as "old default" will be removed.
    They will not keep old default #1, #2, #3, etc. ad vitam aeternam ;)

• Like Like x 1
  2. Marcin

Marcin Member

Great FFB update!!! I have set LFB to 0 and feels great. Any suggestions re Fanatec Csw v2.5 settings?

3. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

With what settings?

4. Romeo Foxtrot

Romeo Foxtrot Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I also have a T300 base, open formula wheel, and G25 pedals.

Out of curiosity I tried these settings at Oulton Classic (nice mix of fast and slow turns, elevation changes, etc) in the Mitsubishi Lancer, SprintRace, Puma, Roco, F-3 and F-Classic Gen 2. With your settings I could 'feel the force' alright but I couldn't feel what it was trying to tell me I doubt I'd have made all the turn-ins over a race distance.

I couldn't believe you were racing with these settings so I tried GPL, GTR2 and GTL (Lotus 49, BMW M3-GTR and Lotus Cortina) with the TM gain at 100%. I couldn't make all the turns in GPL and in GTL and GTR2 I had to keep the in game force to under 50% and even then I'm not sure I felt enough of the information. I was huffin' and puffin' like the fan in the wheel base!

I keep the TM Overall Strength (Master Gain) at 75% and the in-game force in the SimBin games I use is 40-50%, down from 75% with a G25 wheel.

My in game settings with AMS2 and the new default are 40-50-50. I can feel everything I'm wanting to in the tin-tops, open wheelers and prototypes (but not the Caterhams).

As a side note I remember watching a Grand Prix where one of the commentators (probably the guy that replaced James Allen) remarked about how lightly Schumacher was holding the wheel when his hands moved to adjust dials. He said that he, the commentator, would have been gripping the wheel like grim death and Martin Brundle said that's why Schumacher's a great driver and the commentator wasn't. From this I understand that the forces must be light.

5. doclucio

doclucio New Member

hi guys, any possibility to implement the vibration of the abs on fanatec pedals v3?!?

6. Gordie

Gordie Active Member

It already is, works fine on mines.
    EDIT: Sorry, it is more brake lock up than ABS

7. ZeferinoCoutinho

ZeferinoCoutinho Zef_mirror_man-zefthebestofcour

Guys... aren´t you using or only trying. (at least) the Custom FFB txt File known as LexxVR's Lucid FFB??????

You may find it in this Forum...

Well. I do... and I like it more then the "NEW FFB Feel"

8. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

No. Will perhaps do after 1.0. I am here to test the Early Acces stuff. If I am already making 'modifications' to the game then it interferes with the purpose of Early Acces.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Cfst

Cfst Active Member AMS2 Club Member

edit - outdated

Last edited: Jun 6, 2020
  10. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

It doesn't have to be mutually exclusive. You can quite easily test the stock FFB and the modded FFB at the same time. Trying the modded FFB may even help give some ideas on specific areas that can to be improved.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Koinden

Koinden New Member

Thanks Marc I appreciate the advice. I was running the higher LFB (around 70) on the old profile but it oddly felt better when it was set far lower with the new profile, it felt like it was overpowering the low end forces past the point of having no feeling/little force and in turn loosing that light feel under braking. I'll have a look at it again at the weekend, and yeah all the Logitech settings are set to the standard settings that you'd rock for AC, RF2, R3E etc.

For the clean install, I uninstalled AMS2 through Steam and then deleted the Automobilsta 2 folder in my documents. Are there any other folders that I've missed when doing a clean install?

12. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

All stock mate.
    I created a new profile and leaved it as it was.

13. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Can we have an option to turn off engine vibrations entirely? "Realistic" or not, it's not something I like feeling in an FFB wheel because it can mask other subtle forces and vibrations. I also don't think it serves much of a purpose in telling us what the car is doing, especially since we have other feedback options for revs.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Turn FX to 0? :p

15. Slapshot82

Slapshot82 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Thanks again for your valuable feedback @Gringo! After another attempt with the New Default profile, I did notice that lowering the Gain helped a bit with the regaining forces that had fallen flat. This also reduced the wheel weight though and that was something I was attempting to improve by increasing the Gain. I think for now it's the Old Default for me, but like you said, it's all for the good of improving things for the better - I mean, that's why we here talking about it!

16. J93653017

J93653017 New Member

I guess everyone has their own preference for FFB then. I spent ages trying to get things feeling right with New default but nothing felt right. My settings using the Old default feel amazing (to me). I guess I'll give the New default another crack but I'm not very hopeful.

Edit: I decided to give the New default another chance tonight and I've completely changed my mind. I guess my brain struggled to interpret the new outputs and therefore I thought "this is different and I don't like it". The majority couldn't be wrong, could they, so there had to be something wrong with me :)

Last edited: Apr 28, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Marc Collins

No, that's it, though there is no reason to uninstall or delete profile. You can just delete the controller-related files from your Documents\ folder.

Lower LFB may be better now--it's a balancing act for each wheel with Gain and FX. There is no right answer (other than my observation is the vast majority of experienced users with every kind of wheel are happy with FX at 50, so I recommend starting there and to try to adjust the other two first and only move FX off of 50 if there is no good option with it there. Anything to reduce the sliders you have to fiddle with from three to two will alleviate the time and frustration immensely. PC 2 had four sliders, which is why years later people are still fiddling and struggling and debating the FFB settings ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Marc Collins

So with 100/50/50 you lose FFB while driving straight but you do get it while turning?

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

basically yes, while turning I can feel every bump on track, when going straight I miss them, just the other effects are there but no road bumps or curbs (all fine with the other games).

20. Arcadium

Arcadium New Member

Not a huge fan of the new default either, and I see this seems to be the same for most T300 users. The difference is really huge between the old and new default. The new default feels numb and not as detailed as the old default. I've tried numerous settings to get the same feeling as the old profile but I can't seem to find the right settings.

I will try to do some more trial & error to find right settings with the new default.