1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Renato Simioni, Apr 4, 2020.

1. AndreiC

AndreiC Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Same experience here with P3 cars over the gravel the ffb goes crazy, really hope this is a bug and will be fixed. I honestly release the rim I am afraid it will brake my T300rs :( Also sand was replaced with gravel because gravel is supposed to stop the car sooner, I just do not feel like it is stopping the car much compared to grass.

2. Shadak

Shadak Active Member

you should try it on a DD, i call it the wrist breaker!
    When this happened I learned to hold the rim actually BUT turn it back to straight position, this makes it usually fine and at worst much less severe.

3. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek "Love the Simulation You're Dreaming In." AMS2 Club Member

I believe the issue has been fixed in the upcoming release.

• Like Like x 1
  4. ZeferinoCoutinho

ZeferinoCoutinho Zef_mirror_man-zefthebestofcour

The correct word (verb expression) is "will be" ... not "has been" ... :p

5. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Incorrect. Some of us were using a preview and knew, but cannot say with absolute certainty because we are not the devs (who could have changed it prior to the real beta release). And, in general, things are always fixed by the devs prior to the actual release, so the correct grammar depends on which perspective it is being written from. English is bad for that!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. ZeferinoCoutinho

ZeferinoCoutinho Zef_mirror_man-zefthebestofcour

It simply happens that I´m a common mortal and cant see nor predict the future... maybe... :p

7. Sampo

Sampo Member AMS2 Club Member

I wasn't asking that. I was asking how someone commenting here can determine if some car behaves/feels like it "should". We see those comments a lot.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Sampo

Sampo Member AMS2 Club Member

Praised by people who liked it (for whatever reason) and then parroted by others. Like it always goes.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Can anyone else confirm that the ffb_custom_settings.txt produced by AMS 2 with the latest patch is exactly the same as the one that was produced before the patch? I find that odd given the number of FFB updates in the patch notes.

Yes, I've deleted the entire settings folder and started from scratch, so it is not the old one. Comparing the two versions with WinMerge, and they're 100% identical.

10. Karsten Hvidberg

Karsten Hvidberg Well-Known Member

Yes, it is the same.
    Most ffb calculations are in the underlying code for the ffb, not the higher level configuration/customization that the custom ffb file represents.

Last edited: May 15, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  11. CycloZeb

CycloZeb Member AMS2 Club Member

ts-pc racer 65/25/40 last patch

12. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Thanks. Just wanted to make sure I wouldn't screw up the changes by using my previous tweaked file.

So far the new FFB is a marked improvement on my T300. :cool:

• Like Like x 2
  13. Karsten Hvidberg

I seem to be missing the scrubbing effect completely, do you feel it on slides or braking?

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Stakanov

Stakanov Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

No, but tomorrow I have to try again maybe I was too drunk ... I had drunk 2 gintonic when I saw today's update ... and I said let's try it ... :D

Update to the last version 0.9.2.1, delete the folder Automobilista 2 (in documents), launch the game, set the graphics, the parameters and do the calibration, I leave the all default FBB 100-50-50 and choose the Racestreet (it has the FBB among the heavier) by trying it on the VIR International circuit ... 3, 2, 1 and away .... the first thing I thought was wow with a gain of 100 the steering does not go left and right, ok there is clipping, but I felt the wheels like never before, also with an LFB of 50 it was not empty in the center ...

Ok let's try again 90-80-50, clipping is reduced a lot, the center fills up and the wheels felt great, finally managing to play with the car's accelerator ... well it feels almost perfect, just a little too much low effects we try to file and raise FX and see if it breaks or if it adds ....

So I try 88-84-75, guys it must have been alcohol but I had a feeling of connection with the road never had before, i have a minimal inconsistence clipping (only with the car Racestreet but not problematic), I feel very well the front end and I manage the rear, both when entering corners and when accelerating in exiting, etc ... I can feel the gum ... the only thing i miss is just a little more scrubbing effect but for the rest EXCELLENT UPDATE ... THE MOST "WOW" YOU HAVE MADE IN EARLY ACCESS ... CONGRATULATIONS A REIZA AND TO MR. RENATO!!!

My cheap Logitech g920 warmly thanks!!! :hurrayreiza:

Last edited: May 16, 2020
  15. Slapshot82

Slapshot82 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

While I do agree that FFB is subjective to a certain extent, it certainly isn't entirely subjective. There are fundamental elements that are being delivered thru the FFB that should be easily recognizable with baseline/default setting. If these things aren't there, I would then think it more likely an issue with the code delivering the FFB to wheel than the user sitting behind it, unless other hardware/software issues are to blame.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

I feel tyres scrubbing sometimes yes, especially when understeering during heavy load. The braking effect is also there, but seems to be a bit weaker than before. I've upped the FX slider a bit but it's still not that noticeable for me.

17. Slapshot82

Slapshot82 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I haven't poured myself a glass yet tonight, but after nuking out my AMS2 folder and getting things set back up like yourself - I hit the streets of Adelaide in the Sprint Car. Reiza, the glass of Guinness I'm about to pour is in pure celebration to an awesome update! With nothing but reducing the Gain down to 75 and running laps with nothing else changed and I can already tell that the FFB is MASSIVELY improved for the T300 RS!

All those forces that have been missing are not only there now, they're already balanced without any fine tuning. Not only that, but I could feel the road undulations affecting the grip of the tires and shifting the car's mass as I was bleeding off the brakes into the slow corners when the car is near the limit! I knew y'all would get it right!

• Like Like x 1
  18. SwaggerJacker

SwaggerJacker Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Yeah, I feel less tire scubbing, but I wonder if it's because of the updated physics. Meaning I'm not sliding the car as much. Or perhaps the physics are more realistic now and I'm not loosing traction like I did before? I don't know. I agree though, that the scrub affect is lessened. However, I can still feel when the tires are crossing the limit. The update is amazing. I raced the Ultimate on default settings and the car was solid. Of course it can be tweaked, but even on default settings, the car was manageable and quick. And the brakes=fixed. Yikes! Off topic.

19. Karsten Hvidberg

I just tested some more.

The scrubbing IS completely gone.
    Only on hard braking, blocking the wheels from a high speed do I feel anything in the wheel. But I don't think that is the scrubbing effect.

The scrubbing was used when the tires were sliding at more of a micro level. I now have no feel when spinning the wheels or blocking the wheels at low speed or sliding.
    Nothing at all. It just feels like I'm driving straight when I'm sliding, except for the wheels directional pull(SwaggerJacker maybe this is why you say you still feel that you cross the limit, no bc of a scrubbing effect?).

Another VERY weird thing: The road feel only comes through when driving straight. Try driving at a curve more then a few degrees & you will feel it quickly vanishing.
    That is just weird & makes me have to use FX at 0, because it just feels wrong that turning the wheel takes away so many effects.

Turning at high speed, driving a little over the limit, there now is NO road noise and NO scrubbing effect. So a very clean feeling, devoid of the extra effects.

I don't understand why more people are not reporting this, so maybe it's just me?
    I am no IT noob & I did delete the "Automobilista 2" folder under documents completely. So that is not the cause.

Anybody else?

20. Shadak

Shadak Active Member

wow, honestly I dont feel like nothing is missing and I think Id definitely notice what you are mentioning. I cant see your sig or wheelbase on a phone but may be a weird wheel/game combo? the center exeggaration happens with too high LFB, on DD1 I need to leave it at 30-35. Put fx back to 40 or 50, that gives important details including scruo i think, its not "fake" effects. Only thing im missing a little bit is abrupt brake/accel doesnt give a lot of weight balance shift effect like 3 patches ago, its there, just not too strong unless you turn your wheel a lot.