1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Renato Simioni, Apr 4, 2020.

1. Germano Cervini

Germano Cervini Member

thanks for everything but you forgot to put the parameters in: "DirectImput Effects", you can indicate them to me, thanks

2. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek "Love the Simulation You're Dreaming In." AMS2 Club Member

I agree with Raceracerace, delete & reset your config folders when having such issues. It takes a few minutes but, could very well solve the issue.

3. Dean Ogurek

As indicated, you can leave Direct Inputs at their default but, you can certainly try all set to zero and 100% to see if there is any difference. If there is no "active" indicator next to the Direct-Input effect in SC1 settings, then AMS2 does not use that channel. If you see it being active while in game, then set it to 100% and test. The DI Damping effect may be used for standing steering resistance (Car Parked / pits, etc.).

4. cereal killer

cereal killer Member

I have a G25 and am using the stock ffb. However, I find it a bit flat, lifeless. I preferred the realfeel ffb, where I feel much better the realignment forces when oversteering, and generally the vertical load, then the rebound of the car jumping on the curb and the bumps. Is there a custom file that you think I should try to improve in these aspects?

Last edited: Mar 8, 2021
  5. Dean Ogurek

Give the latest Silver Raw a try. It includes three versions, depending on user hardware class.

6. cereal killer

cereal killer Member

Thank you.
    I tried it a while ago but it's not what I'm looking for, on the contrary, it seems to go in the opposite direction. I find this profile even softer than the default one. o_O

7. Kuku Maddog

Kuku Maddog Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

I find this quite surprising. I find the default has just a bit too much of what you want on my ( different) wheel base. and that’s with fx on zero and modest gain.

What are your settings ?

8. cereal killer

cereal killer Member

95 Gain, 70 LFB, 20 FX

9. Kuku Maddog

Kuku Maddog Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

seems quite high.
    what about damping.
    are you sure your not clipping ?

10. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Stakanov provides modified versions of Silver Raw for Logitech wheelbases in the custom ffb thread, those will be the best you can get. But the values you use for the sliders are very high, and should produce considerable rattling or even clipping. So either you run a very high gain that Logitech wheels are not really suited for, or your wheel motor is failing... for sure they shouldn't be "soft" in any sense of the word.

11. cereal killer

cereal killer Member

My ffb is softer than I would like, not absolutely, but only in certain contexts. For example, when I attack a curb with a very rigid car, I do not perceive the rebound of the wheels on the asphalt at the wheel. In short, I lack the vertical load forces a bit, as I explained in my first post. The passage on the curbs is too flat. Let's be clear, I am not referring to the vibrations induced by the curb, but to the blow due to the impact on the curb and the consequent "landing" on the ground. Did I explain myself better? English is not my native language, so I have some difficulties. ;)

12. Dean Ogurek

You may be experiencing clipping at those settings (as suggested by Kuku Maddog).

To test for clipping, try reducing the ffb Gain setting to see if it improves those effects. Even though the overall forces are reduced, you may be able to better detect missing effects.

Game ffb signal clipping affects all steering systems, even the very best but, it can be harder to detect on some mainstream wheels, especially those with lower power and dynamics.

13. cereal killer

cereal killer Member

I don't think so.
    I have high general gain setting but for every car setup I use a 80/90% ffb multiplier.
    I don't think I'm on the clipping side, I can clearly feel the loss of grip for example. ;)

14. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Loss of grip effects is a much lower powered force than slamming a curb. You should check for clipping using the proper read-out.

15. Dean Ogurek

Clipping isn't just an on/off thing though, it can be quite variable in nature. There may only be more extreme forces affected. High down-force cars may easily clip and combined forces also will clip without detection in many cases. Using a visual graph (Clipping Meter) can certainly help.

16. TekNeil

TekNeil Take me back to the 2.4l, twin 50 weber days...

The default FFB in the Mini Cooper S feels completely broken on my G29.
    I normally run 90-100% gain, LFB: 40-60%, Damping, 0%. It sounds and feels like my wheel is going to fall to bits!
    Even having the gain at 50% in control options, and then 50% in car setup, and 50% damping it's still very spikey and random as though there's a lot of oscillation/fighting around center. It feels very on/off as in, a ton weight and then nothing at random times. (I understand FWD and the light feeling of understeer on/off throttle etc)
    I notice the white bar on the telemetry screen is going mad, jumping up/down like crazy.

17. Marc Collins

It has much more communication of torque steer than previously. It is also heavier than it was before. But it is well within normal weight and feel on my wheel, so you likely need to adjust. If you have a G29, not sure why you would need any damping on your wheel. I use zero on my much stronger CSW. Try replacing the damping with LFB as that will even out the forces that are likely to cause spikes and oscillations. And, many of us had to lower Gain a wee bit after the most recent update, so that may be in order, too. This is not a prescription, but if your original settings were 90/50/?FX and 0 damping, I would try 90/80/50 with 0 damping. Then add-in damping if/as needed, but first you need to get the basic forces balanced before damping (/muting) it.

18. chris cadby

chris cadby Member AMS2 Club Member

Is their any chance we can get a ffb "jolt" when shifting up and down, similar to raceroom?, I find that effect very immersive.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Marc Collins

I get that when there is an actual shudder in the simulated drive train. No thank you for a canned effect that occurs on every shift in every car.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 3
  20. chris cadby

chris cadby Member AMS2 Club Member

Well like in raceroom you can disable it if you dont like it.