1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Renato Simioni, Apr 4, 2020.

1. diste66

diste66 New Member

Folks I'm having issues with oscillations on my Alpha Mini, it oscillates a ton even at very slow speed and not sure how to fix it. I've added damping but it didn't work, no such issues on ACC by the way. Going quickly it's even kinda dangerous because it starts spinning violently as soon as you let go of the wheel.. any suggestions?

Vid for reference at slow speed: Streamja - Simple video sharing

2. MickT

MickT Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I get the same issue. Doesn't seem to affect everyone, and I've never found a solution that allows me to use Default or Default+. The good news is that the custom rFuktor files don't have this problem. Head over to Automobilista 2 Custom Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations and grab rFuktor 5.0.3

3. Spie

Spie Member AMS2 Club Member

@diste66 No issues here with alpha mini and default and default+. It may be your settings? I have posted some up on the simagic discord (for firmware 6054). Need to re tweak a bit for 6055 but no oscillations on the same settings.

4. diste66

diste66 New Member

Thanks for trying to help Mick :) I think you're also making some suggestions on the Discord.
    Well unfortunately the custom FFB didn't change much.
    Streamja - Simple video sharing here's the wheel spinning in the game menu

5. Sim Driven

Sim Driven New Member

Decided to give it one more go as I do really like this sim. So I have DD1 and V3 pedals so went for custom wheel setup in configuration, used fanalab recommended settings but increased interpolation to 6 this has stopped the extreme ABS wheel jubbering and the massive judder on contact is not there, it does tone down a few other ffb details but I can live with that so long as I can play the sim and I suppose I could turn up fx to get some back maybe?

6. justposted

justposted Member AMS2 Club Member

I just wanted to give this post a boost. I've done a lot of mucking about with FFB, as have we all, and thought I had it down. But actually these settings have worked better on my G920 than what I had previously and than I had managed to get through custom profiles. A really nice video.

Only thing I'd change is that for me, I have to set wheel sensitivity to 100. Applies to all sims. Don't know if it's something odd in my setup, but it's worth knowing that 50 (which is commonly recommended) doesn't always work.

7. amsimp

amsimp Impatient Racer

I’m not sure which thread to ask but;

I have the Fanatec CSL Elite V1.1. Do the rev LEDS much with the game automatically?
    Or do I have to manually do it through Fanalab?

8. reptilexcq

reptilexcq Active Member

What is in-game vehicles range?

9. Jim Grove

Jim Grove New Member

Hi all,

With open wheel (mainly gen 3) and on long high speed straights such as Spa or classic Hockenheim, i'm experiencing an in-game oscillation which starts small but builds to a point where the front of the car is bouncing left to right very fast. I'm using a DD1 if that narrows anything down. I can't dial it out with any car setup changes and it seems to happen regardless of FFB strength. It feels pretty bad and when breaking tends to put the car into a spin with very large oscillations. Can anyone offer any advice on how to stop the oscillations from happening?

Many thanks.

10. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I get something similar if I am in a straight line and start to gently move the wheel left and right it will then keep doing it and I really have to use a bit of force to get it to stop. I am also curious about a solution for this, I don't think it does it with any other Sims. I am also on DD1.

11. morpwr

morpwr Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Normally thats something set to high like gain. Usually a few clicks lower is all it takes to fix it.

12. Jim Grove

Jim Grove New Member

It happens with gain and ffb off for me.

13. morpwr

morpwr Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Thats weird. Ive got a Simucube and i know the Fanatec have different settings so i cant offer more help there.

14. reptilexcq

reptilexcq Active Member

Which type of gen 3 are you driving? I drove Formula 10 Gen 1 and 2 and they're fine. Also USA Formula gen 2 and 3 are fine for me. I have dd1.

15. Jim Grove

Jim Grove New Member

Strangely its only formula classic gen 3 model 3. Everything else seems to be fine.....

16. Jim Grove

Jim Grove New Member

Yeah its weird. Its like sympathetic vibration. It just builds and builds then gets very harsh under braking. Maybe i'll just avoid that particular car for now....

17. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Happens to me with most cars and I don't run high gain. About 55 in game and 70 in fanalab.

18. Nolive721

Nolive721 Active Member

been spending my Saturday to test various tracks&cars combo and for me who was a big fan of all these Custom FFB files and tweaking, Reiza really did a fantastic job on the default+

to the point that I find the current Custom FFB almost meh when I switch back and forth (no blasphemy to Karsten,Kuku and the gang:oops: because oh boy the qty of time you guys spend on this and the sharing is amazing:cool:)

now @Reiza devs if you could just give us key bidding for LFX and Damping on track adjustment then that would be just perfect package:D

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  19. Danielkart

Danielkart Well-Known Member

If you want more arcade then default is good. If you want more realism then Custom is good

• Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Funny Funny x 3
  20. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek "Love the Simulation You're Dreaming In." AMS2 Club Member

It seems like Default / Default+ work fine for many using mainstream wheels. With my DD-wheel, they are very, very basic at best. There are numerous custom files that solve that quite nicely, thanks to both Reiza and those sharing their custom-ffb files, so generously.

I'd gladly embrace an advanced FFB section in the UI to adjust more individual ffb-effects but, the majority of developers and players seem to reject such notions. At least with AMS2, we continue to have the custom-ffb option, as it remains a game-changing feature, imo.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2