1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 March 2024 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Mar 16, 2024.

1. newtonpg

newtonpg Active Member AMS2 Club Member

:whistle:

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. Horia M

Horia M Reephur

The Audi R8 GUI is definitely... peculiar. o_O As far as I know, those are the leftover GUI elements from PCars2 - why would they be updated? Iirc all AMS2 GUI element files are preceded by an "ams2_" prefix.

3. newtonpg

newtonpg Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Of course I don't think Reiza updated Audi R8 only to fill any unused folder.
    Anyway I didn't run the updated beta yet.
    And knowing it is a notformedia brach I will not post any comments here.

4. Lucifer_sam

Lucifer_sam Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Screenshot_20.png

After installing certain mods, sometimes its worth taking a peak inside the files :whistle:

5. Horia M

Horia M Reephur

:eek:

6. bensrac32

bensrac32 New Member

Any news on the F-USA 2022 (aka IR18) license? Now that MSG disapeared, many tracks from IMSA which Indycar share and the new aeroscreen look and hybrid system that's going to be in the series, it would be a good timing,and it would make the sim more complete! I hope that topic doesnt stay dead and any info from the devs on that would be apreciated for Indycar fans like us who don't want to race it on iRacing only.

And please, before complain of it, I'm not agaisnt any Indycar mod, but all of them are poor quality and not real inmersive. I think we want a proper -if not licensed- product from high quality standards
    ☂️

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. stealthradek

stealthradek Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

They are still waiting for the buyout, and licences they hold is their only meaningful asset for potential buyers so they are unlikely to part ways with them.

Those licences (Indy, BTCC and others) would be up for grabs for the highest offer to cover the cost of liquidation once the company is officially bust. Until that time it's a waiting game unfortunately.

8. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

I believe you missed the news about Indy last year.
    486544.jpg
    IndyCar Terminates Agreement With Motorsport Games

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

NASCAR was sold
    Indycar was gone since they stopped the game
    BTCC left since MSG didn’t fufill their obligations
    They only have WEC

• Like Like x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. stealthradek

stealthradek Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Ah, that clearly shows I'm no longer in the news loop :rolleyes:

Thanks for sharing and setting the record straight!

11. Lucifer_sam

The F-USA 22 was never an Ir-18 licence. If it was that it would be called that in the files.

Here is my best guess at what happened: Reiza made a fictional car (hence why it's called the F-USA 2022 instead of Ir-18). Indycar was like "hold up, this looks a bit too similar to our car" and Reiza was like "sure, but since we are taking a PR hit through any chance we could get a certain track in Indiana :whistle:"

This exact confusion (you saying the car was an "Ir-18 licence") is probably why Indycar stepped in. To prevent people from assuming Reiza's version of an Indycar was an actual Ir-18 licence.

12. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Looking past Sebring... Moravia is Brno, right? Did you install Brno as a mod?

13. Lucifer_sam

Yes I did

14. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

Renato said that Indycar told them off for using an identical car without licensing it. Reiza was negotiating, but the license came in the way and since (IIRC) IMS and Indycar have the same owners so they got that instead

15. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Reiza never intended to use an identical car without licencing. The hope was to get a licence, but the wizards at Indycar marketing got themselves caught-up in the MSG debacle after signing an exclusivity agreement. That deal is dead. Reiza released the generic car in the meantime.

Now, what do you think is on Indycar's mind right now? To quickly sell licences to multiple parties or to focus on what they already have--a long-standing arrangement with iRacing?

I wouldn't hold my breath for any official Indycar content in AMS 2. Not because Reiza wouldn't be happy to have it, but because Indycar marketing is only one step less dumb than they were when they thought the MSG game and agreement was a good idea. They will still perceive a single partner with iRacing as preferable (and for some legitimate reasons, too).

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 1
  16. kingkoenig

kingkoenig Active Member

I wonder how expensive an Indycar license is? My guess: not that much. I like Indycar, but under Penske's "leadership" (note the quotation marks), Indycar is still glorified club racing, with the exception of the Indy 500. I wonder how low their TV ratings are... This weekend, it's the Long Beach race and it's not even on NBC. (It's not on Canadian TV either, which mean I'll have to find some other way to watch...)

17. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

I called Indycar marketing a bad name in another post. How their showcase race (besides the 500) is not on the main TV network (that shows most of the races) is truly astonishing. The lack of coverage in Canada never surprises me, but the effective sidelining of the Long Beach race is a truly sad marker in a long decline.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  18. MrShroom

MrShroom New Member

Have you found any good ai/track combinations? I find them to be way too slow and crash happy on some of them. On the Nürburgring they yeet themselves off of the kerbs :)

19. harizrushdi

harizrushdi Wiki Helper

It's all coming together now