1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 Mods!!!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - Modding' started by ZeferinoCoutinho, Jan 4, 2021.

1. TronLi

TronLi Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

There's a hotfix out for the Thunderflash mods and the Project Cars Modding Team mods were also updated just now.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. RockyTM

RockyTM Modder AMS2 Club Member

Just reapply the bootfiles.

• Like Like x 1
  3. cuadolo

cuadolo Active Member

Now thunderflash's mods works fine also to me.
    :)

4. TronLi

So I seem to have everything working now, using a mixture of both content manager and jsgme.

1. I deactivated everything to start from scratch.
    2. I installed all the tracks, the Indycar mod and the updated PCMT mods into the Enabled folder (plus the new boot files).
    3. I ran CM and it installed them all.
    4. I then installed all of the Thunderflash mods with JSGME by highlighting all of the mods except boot files and the Group5 hotfix, installing what was highlighted and then enabling the hotfix.
    5. Before enabling the Thunderflash boot files, I edited the tracklist to include the tracks, then enabled it in JSGME.

Tested and everything ran just fine. However, when it comes to updating either set of mods (like when the rest of the PCMT mods get updated), I'm not sure how the 2 sets of boot files interact with each other.

When that happens, I'll deactivate the boot files in JSGME, then I'll rerun CM and then activate the boot files in JSGME again to see what happens.

Looking forward to everything using CM...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Michael Enright

Michael Enright Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I just noticed a couple of things with the a couple of the Mods. First one was from Thunderflash's. When I choose the Reiza GT1's, the Panoz cars are always taking up the rear spots on the grid. It didn't do that before the latest Updates. Next is with the Ferrari GTO Mod. There is no image on the car menu, just a white rectangle. When I click on that rectangle, the car is actually there though. Anyone else?

• Like Like x 1
  6. Seb02

Seb02 Active Member

I agree with you, I will wait until the mods of Thunderflash are compatible AMS2CM, much more practical for the installation.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. robillard3381

robillard3381 Well-Known Member Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Sorry, my bad, it was a typo. New version is uploaded, same link.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Michael Enright

Michael Enright Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Thanks for the reply. I De-Activated BootFiles, then the GTO Mod. I then Re-Activated GTO Mod then BootFiles. I still have a white rectangle instead of a Ferrari Image.

9. robillard3381

Yeah, I'm dumb sorry, another typo :whistle:
    New version is uploaded

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Pandytim99

Pandytim99 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The panoz I didn’t tried yet but the Ferrari yeah same issue

11. robillard3381

With the last update, after my 2nd typo and 3rd upload?

12. Pandytim99

Ferrari 250GTO icon is fixed now? ill g=check it out

13. Pandytim99

Okay its fixed

14. XTRMNTR2K

XTRMNTR2K I WANNA GO FAST! AMS2 Club Member

After doing lots of practice laps with various cars I finally had my first offline race practically in forever earlier today. I chose the Group 5 cars at Monza '91, and had quite a blast. My AI difficulty was set a little too low (meaning they are actually spot-on as far as I can tell) but that ended up making things more interesting because I suffered a completely unjustified drive-through penalty for the automated rolling start. Is this a vanilla AMS2 issue for that particular track? Or could this somehow be related to the mod?

Anyway, the race was a blast! After serving my drive-through at the end of lap 1 (of 10) I had a few more incidents, only one of which was caused by an AI (because I expected it to pass so I slowed down and made space, but the AI was slower than I had anticipated and then hit me and spun me into a barrier). The highlight was me losing the front left wheel of my 935/80 after sustaining minor (~12%) damage to the suspension the lap before - but I managed to limp back into the pits after completing almost an entire lap around Monza on three wheels and then finished the race with only 1 lap down from the leader after repairs.

The Group 5 cars are feeling pretty good already - at least to me, on my G25 - although I think all of them need some more refinement one way or the other. For instance, FFB strength is all over the place for some of the cars - too heavy for most of them, lacking detail for others. If their FFB can be made a little more communicative, providing a more "tight" feeling of control, then they're close to perfect.

Did I mention I love the 935 with increased boost? 320 kph on Hockenheim '77 and not breaking a sweat! <3

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. TronLi

Looks like the 250 GTO was updated, so I used this as an opportunity to experiment. I just tried running CM and it wasn't able to access the boot files, I assume since JSGME touched them last. So in JSGME, I deactivated the boot files, ran CM to update the 250 GTO and reactivated the boot files in JSGME.

Just confirmed it all is working. This is definitely the fastest way to install all the available mods.

16. Scar666

Scar666 Zum Glück bin ich verrückt

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 15
    • Like Like x 7
  17. Pandytim99

Did you had any issues while shifting with the 935/80? I had some issues with some weird delays when engaging the second gear of that car specifically, the other gr5 work fine

18. XTRMNTR2K

No, not that I noticed. But I will pay closer attention to it the next time I drive that car.

Maybe it has something to do with my setup? I have to use auto-clutch, but otherwise use the G25 H-Shifter.

19. Pandytim99

Oh you were using auto cluch i wasn't maybe thats why

Whenever I was dowshifting and heel toing sometimes there was a delay on the 2nd engagement and that caused me to loose the car a couple of times

20. XTRMNTR2K

This is just an idea, but maybe your speed was still too high when the 2nd gear is supposed to be engaged? Depending on how the gears are set up I noticed something similar on downshifts - after blipping the throttle and engaging the lower gear the revs would immediately hit the limiter. This happened to me when shifting down from 3rd to 2nd, but also from 4th down to 3rd at times.