1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 Mods!!!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - Modding' started by ZeferinoCoutinho, Jan 4, 2021.

1. Michael Enright

Michael Enright Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Whoops, Sorry, yeah, wrong Mod. The Indycar Mod is great. I was talking about the F1 1996 Mod.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

Only have a problem with the 1996 mod. Auto clutch does not solve the problem for me.
    When starting the race, car only reaches ~50 km/h, have to restart the session several times, then, all over sudden, it works again.

Last edited: May 30, 2023
    • Like Like x 3
  3. S.Carassi

S.Carassi Member AMS2 Club Member

Do you try it with deactivated damage?

4. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

thanks, that did it for me.
    i normally play with mechanical damage (random failures sync to race), in order to have some fun by editing the reliability values of the custom ai file. now, i switched the failures off and everything works fine.

Last edited: May 30, 2023
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Jean-Yves Mercy

Jean-Yves Mercy Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Ok, i dont use Auto Clutch, but it's good to know.

6. Pandytim99

Pandytim99 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Similar issue, if I press the clutch it breaks the car

avoid pressing the clutch it reduces the chance of getting that issue, put the car on neutral when it’s standing still or to restart the engine

7. Renan G Flores

Renan G Flores Active Member

Fuji track is out at the Project Cars Modding Team website.

[​IMG]

8. Aeomer

Aeomer Member AMS2 Club Member

Oval or Road?
    Both IRL and ISW (In real life and in sim-world) the gearing for ovals makes it slow from a standing start. On road courses this should be less pronounced but it is still there as an effect of there only being a "standing start" from the pits. (The experiment with standing starts was ditched.)
    The main problem I had with the mod is it is the oval variant is too bolted down. Being able to hold my foot to the floor in all corners of Indianapolis and Daytona with zero wing is quite unrealistic. I can gear it for 248mph and have it range between 231.2 mph in the slowest corners and a max of 246.1mph on the straights. This is unrealistic but I am sure it will be tweaked over time.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Michael Enright

Sorry. Yeah as I said earlier, I made a mistake with the mod. The Indycar mod is great. I meant to reply to the F1 1996 Mod.

10. Scar666

Scar666 Zum Glück bin ich verrückt

If you want a sketchier experience just moved the longatudinal weight backwards... 41.9 should be a good point to get it more loose... The default set up tends to favour understeer to have the AI going faster...

There's a lot we have to tweak and further improve, but with the 1.5 update on the way there was a lot that I personally put on the "that can wait until after the update" shelf and focussed more on tuning what we had than what we could do...

As to me that update could be akin to tuning a car for a wet track only for it to be dry... And all the changes and testing of those changes would be worth naught...

• Like Like x 1
  11. Don Hunter

Don Hunter Active Member

What will help is when the oval side is able to do single lap qualifying and fix some basic flaws. Indy they have these tents on pit road and the pit entrance speed limit was too far back. It sounds not important but we’re wanting a simulation. Hope these will be addressed soon but it’s been that way out of the Gate with the CART cars

12. Aeomer

Aeomer Member AMS2 Club Member

I am going to be roasted in the fires of forum hell for this one. But someone does need to point out the emperor is naked.

The Indycar mod oval and road versions both look very professional. Changes in the setup are indeed reflected in the car's handling on track. HOWEVER...
    The car itself is entirely on rails. Being able to go foot-to-the-floor at Indy with a minimum of 230mph and maximum north of 242mph on worn tyres for the entire lap without so much as a wobble is just not credible. Deliberately sabotaging the setup just to make a race interesting is, well, silly. Having raced both variants against the AI and online†, I think it is more Forza Horizon than AMS2. This is not a criticism of KAOS - they are working to their strengths and with the tools they have. Equally, this is not a criticism of Forza Horizon. FH it is great fun, but I do not expect the sim style experience when playing it. Similarly, I do not expect cars in AMS2 to feel "gamey." (Well, not any more!)
    This is definitely not an issue with AMS2 mods in general; a dip into the other mods out there shows the standard is very high in both the rendering of the cars and the physics.
    I am sure the IR-18 mod will become better as Reiza release more details on mod development pipelines, but for now it is a highly professional tech-demo which does meet the physics requirements for competitive racing. Or to put it another way, the IR-18 mod is akin to serving Tequila shots in a wine-bar. For a while the novelty is great, but the next day you wake up feeling emotionally empty with a splitting headache and a stranger in your shower who clearly was more attractive in poor disco lighting.

† - Yes, it is possible to run mods online with Reiza's own servers if everyone has the same mod or on a private server with some additional tinkering.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. MartinezLJ

MartinezLJ Member AMS2 Club Member

If you really wish to help, you can make a post on the Indycar thread with evidence of what you say is wrong (video comparisons, documentation, screenshots, etc) and we'll try to address any obvious issues.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  14. Mario G

Mario G New Member

Hey brother, I have to tell you I'm so frustrated trying to get Indycar 2023 2.0 to load up without crashing it sucks big time. I have emailed KAOS directly with no response as of yet. I followed the instructions for install to the exact. I had the first version working fine. 2.0 NO LUCK. I don't want to sound critical so let me explain. I am a former race driver who tested a full ground effect Indycar at Firebird raceway in Arizona. I have a lot of open wheel experience. I have played Iracing, Rfactor 2,AC and others. I believe KAOS modding team have done an awesome job with Indycar 2023 !! THE BEST FOR SURE in my opinion.
    I played the first version and was so impressed and excited because I've been a hardcore Indycar fan since 1985. I'm not even a gamer I just have a simulator ( a very nice and not cheap rig ) set up and I only drive Indycars on the different platforms so not getting this 2.0 Mod going is brutal. To know this is the best recreation of the IR18 right now on a sim and not be able to run it sucks so much. I tried everything from deleting everything from STEAM to Automobilista 2 , I started with a fresh download from Racedepartment , I even tried the version download from the KAOS website which I can't even get that to run now. Vehiclelist and driveline entries on point. The order in JSGME mod enabler correct and still crashes while loading. I can see the game loads properly all the Indycars and new liveries are in but crashes when loading ANY Indycar on ANY track. The first time I downloaded the mod it Crashed only when i selected an oval track. Now it crashes on everything Indycar. Now I just got back from Best Buy where I bought a $1500 gaming ASUS laptop to see if it's my PC that has a problem playing this mod. I will advise when I get done setting this up. I just downloaded Steam to and now I'm going to start fresh. I can always return the laptop but as you can see this is very important to me and I'm asking anyone interested in helping I will pay you for your time and assistance. Someone please walk me through the Install setup as if I was stupid. Just want to make this clear. I think this MOD is AWESOME and I really appreciate KAOS for their hard work.
    KAOS is doing a great job and I know I can speak from experience you guys are killing it ! Keep up all your great work... Im sure the problem is not the mod its me, that's why I'm asking for assistance from anyone and offering to PAY for help. I will send my laptop to KAOS if they request.
    Thanks , Mario 815-909-9880 ehc53@comcast.net
    Former Police Sgt. and former race driver and instructor.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  15. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Mmm have you tried using Content Manager to install it? Pretty straightforward to use, you can download it from Racedepartment.com.

16. MartinezLJ

MartinezLJ Member AMS2 Club Member

If the game crashes while loading I'm 99% sure it Isa driveline physics issue. Try this:

Download fresh bootfiles.
    Enter only the Indycar entries on the driveline. There should be 4.
    Enter the vehiclelist records.

Use jgsme to install
    1st indycar
    2nd transparent aeroscreen patch (optional)
    3rd bootfiles

Launch the game and try.

Be very careful with the driveline.

Hope it helps, good luck

• Like Like x 1
  17. Michael Enright

Where is this patch, and what does it do? Thanks

18. jusk

jusk Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

It's here, and it makes the aeroscreen center pillar transparent.

• Like Like x 1
  19. AlexBfromG

AlexBfromG Well-Known Member

question regardding the thunderflash mods - where are the entries for the vehiclelist? they are not in his readme

20. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

They only work with AMS2CM now

• Friendly Friendly x 1