1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 Mods!!!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - Modding' started by ZeferinoCoutinho, Jan 4, 2021.

1. Pandytim99

Pandytim99 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Man we need a crying emoji in the react list…

• Agree Agree x 4
  2. Michael Enright

Michael Enright Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

This is indeed very bad news. I enjoyed his mods. They expanded AMS2 nicely. Hopefully he will return. And yes, I did donate to him when I first came upon his mods. He, and others, that do great things for us, deserve a little something for their efforts.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. jmac_the_man

jmac_the_man Active Member AMS2 Club Member

According to his website,

So it doesn't look like he'll delete them.

Anyway, if The Thunderflash Guy is reading this, thanks for posting the mods. They're a lot of fun to use in AMS2.

• Friendly Friendly x 7
    • Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Seb02

Seb02 Active Member

His decision is really surprising after launching his patreon. I suspect that the discussion in question was not pleasant for him.
    I regret that he has come to suspend his activity for this, he is doing a good job. Some people should just enjoy mods or else refrain from negative feedback.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. Gevatter

Gevatter The James May of Simracing AMS2 Club Member

What happened? Which discussion? About the mod's legality? I've read nothing but praise for his mods here, although I think one should also be allowed to criticise a mod if there is something wrong with it, constructively an politely of course.

6. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

In his discord

7. Gevatter

Gevatter The James May of Simracing AMS2 Club Member

I don't follow his Discord, so I wasn't aware. Thanks for clearing that up :)

8. STV_Robin

STV_Robin Active Member AMS2 Club Member

But as it says in this quote on his website: He is "slowing down" making mods for AMS2. That doesn't necesarry mean stop forever, right? Or am I missing something? I only know that message and that he closed his Patreon. Would be a real shame, though... :(

9. Pandytim99

he said on the discord that he will at least try to keep to mods up to date

and he mention the possibility of returning on the future, but for now don’t expect anything new from him sadly

terrible start for this week honestly, I was hoping for a lmp900 pack and maybe a lmp1 pack which woulda been a good taste of the upcoming endurance content from reiza, hopefully he does return

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Racinglegend1234

I’ve heard that a different modder is doing an LMP1 mod

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. Cholton82

Cholton82 Active Member

Is his content still available ? I cant see the link to the folder anymore. Looks like he’s deleted it.
    Edit : Found them , Hope he comes back at some point his work was amazing and really made a difference to AMS2 for the better

Last edited: Aug 22, 2023
  12. Pandytim99

Oh really? That’s great news? Who is the modder?

13. Racinglegend1234

There name is synonymous with being chaotic

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. Pandytim99

Oh the great lads from Kaos modding

haven’t seen much news in their website for a while, good to know they’re still cooking good stuff

15. Maddin71287

Maddin71287 Member

I could not find them anymore. Are they gone now?

Edit: solved!

16. kkdrummer

kkdrummer Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Can someone point me to where the mods can be downloaded from now please? Thanks!

17. Eric Rowland

Eric Rowland Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

[Mod Edit: Please don't post links to ripped content - read the guidelines thread OP in the Modding subsection of the forums]

Apologies for the indiscretion ...

Last edited: Aug 23, 2023
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  18. sndb

sndb New Member

What a shame, although not terribly surprising with the online culture of unlimited entitlement and instant gratification. Modder starts accepting donations to help offset/justify all the hours of labor being poured into creating these mods, then thanks to Reiza's aggressive update release pacing, all car mods need constant revision and re-release to keep current with live version of game.

Most people would find this very reasonable, but no doubt some petty, selfish, entitled types take offense or find it "unfair" that paid patrons get access to mods first, and then start spitting venom about "making money" on mods, or the legal rights to the content being ported in these mods, etc. I hate the internet of 2023... I want 1998 back.

• Agree Agree x 4
  19. Yerffej

Yerffej Active Member

Posted earlier on

"
    Thunderflash — Today at 3:16 PM
    @everyone Wow,
    Guys, for 48 hours, I received dozens of messages from you, by email, here on discord, on my blog…. It is, I must admit, quite impressive. Faced with such fervor, I tell myself that I cannot let you down overnight, and that I may have been a little hasty in my decision to stop everything.

It is understood that as I said previously, that I cannot manage everything (modding, youtube, discord, the blog, the different requests…), so being only on Discord seems to me an acceptable solution.

I closed the Patreon account (surely opened by mistake) given the controversy that this may have caused. You will find mods for free download in the mods-download discord channel. If you want to support my work, the discord channel or just modding, a new link is available on my site.
    LINK REMOVED

It goes without saying that the basic material, namely the cars from Pcars1 and Pcars2 is not infinite and that one day or another there will be nothing more interesting to convert and that I can so stop from month to month.

I also wanted to tell you that I am open to criticism, but constructive criticism, the one that allows things to move forward Here,

I await your return, let me know what you think of it

Best regards Fred

• Winner Winner x 13
    • Like Like x 3
  20. Seb02

Seb02 Active Member

Hello, can someone explain to me what is Grid grouping? What is this for ? Thanks