1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 Mods!!!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - Modding' started by ZeferinoCoutinho, Jan 4, 2021.

1. Seb02

Seb02 Active Member

It’s still a shame to come to this. The person who did this could simply call out Thunderflash privately to tell him to quote him for this GT3 Challenge mod. And the whole community would have thanked this modder.
    Instead, he comes to the Discord to spew his venom. Sometimes, some people lack a little intelligence...

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. jusk

jusk Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Got a good laugh out of this - thanks :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. jota.191

jota.191 (I'm Lando Garlando in AMS2 lobbies) AMS2 Club Member

Some people just want to have fun, some people like to learn new things, some people want their own personal mod in the game.

With your logic humanity would not have develop any art, no philosophy, not even Science (Greek geometers and arithmeticians were playing at first), no hackers (in the pure meaning of the word).

Life is much more than grinding for the man...

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Michael3

Michael3 Active Member

I'd say the available evidence suggests otherwise.

Not sure why you believe this but it's nothing that I posted.
    Absolutely. Why are they working for free then instead of developing art, philosophy or science or having fun and learning new things?

• Dislike Dislike x 4
  5. jusk

jusk Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Don't know why I'm engaging on this, but it seems like such a bizarre viewpoint to me that I can't resist.

What evidence are you referring to? Have you asked any modders about their motivations? Have they declared their motivations? You seem to be making assumptions, but by all means clarify if you think it's worth clarifying. (Maybe I am misinterpreting you, or maybe you're just having a laugh?)

How do you know a) some modders don't consider their mods to be a form of art? Who defines art? - and b) why would you say modders are not "having fun and learning new things"? (That's possibly the most curious of your assumptions.)

Ultimately, it doesn't matter - but I am vaguely intrigued by what informs your comments.

Also - if you like/value mods - do you pay modders?

And am I (for example) a slave or a narcissist in your view? Maybe a bit of both? :cool:

• Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. F_B

F_B Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I've also never read such a strange view on modding before. I personally like to make skins for certain vehicles because a) I'm a graphic designer for a living, b) I find the reiza skins too generic (which they have to be for legal reasons) and c) I like to provide the community with the skins. I don't expect any money for it because I do it for fun. In my eyes it's a win-win situation.

I see narcissism more in media like Instagram, Tiktok and, to a certain extent, YouTube, where some individuals have to propel themselves to the spotlight without offering any real content. That doesn't happen with modding in my opinion.

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Cholton82

Cholton82 Active Member

Such a shame , His mods have helped flesh out the content no end.
    I hope he returns one day , As I’m not a huge fan of open wheel content the additional tin tops he brought over to Ams2 have been an absolute pleasure.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Michael3

Michael3 Active Member

It seems mostly a viewpoint you've invented in your head.

Someone asked "What happened?" I explained to him what happened. Perhaps he meant "Sate my need for internet melodrama and popcorn consumption by saying who did what and who said what to whom" but I've no interested in tittle tattle and gossip and interpreted it differently and gave him the psychological reasons for what happened.

Well this thread for example. You'd do better to refute me by saying "Nah you're wrong, this melodrama had nothing to do with what you posted"

But it did, didn't it? QED.

• Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. jota.191

jota.191 (I'm Lando Garlando in AMS2 lobbies) AMS2 Club Member

Can you get it if I bold it?

10. Michael3

Michael3 Active Member

It's not a group of people that are having fun. You're not even going to kid yourself with that let alone the guy who just quit.

11. F_B

F_B Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Haters gonna hate I guess. :whistle:

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Cholton82

Cholton82 Active Member

Maybe a slightly daft question but does the ai when using the mod cars use the updated Reiza model ?

13. Pandytim99

Pandytim99 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

not sure, but they might as a lot of mods kinda borrow some parameters from existing cars (since everything is under the hex files)

• Like Like x 1
  14. Theodore Schultz

Theodore Schultz Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I definitely don't agree with this take but I deleted all of the mods (except skins and names) as I am tired of the drama of grown ass men acting like children complaining about stealing **** that was already stolen or complaining about someone complaining about stealing their stuff. Please grow up and yes I get the irony of a grown man complaining about mods in a video game.

Do I wish Reiza had a more licenses so we could enjoy more content, of course but AMS2 is great without mods as is and I know every car or track is top notch since Renato and his team put in the time and effort to make them.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  15. john Ellis

john Ellis The Rectifier of Names AMS2 Club Member

If "work for free" is only defined narrowly as "working to earn money" then, yes, I do have to concede that I have been an utter failure as a modder. Indeed, whatever compensation I may receive on a personal level is certainly more ethereal than cold, hard cash. As to whether or not working for such [apparently] meagre returns makes me a slave or narcissist, I would need to reframe that question slightly. According to The Twelve Steps, here is a "searching and fearless moral inventory" of myself:

A) For my part, I would never equate repeated, serial modding with slavery, per se, but rather as psychological conditioning perhaps or, at worse, addiction. Let's face facts: Reiza posts some new content in the latest Beta update, and 30 minutes later or so @john Ellis posts a new set of custom-AI files in the Paddock Club that animates another busload of real drivers into the sim. Seriously, dudes around here can set their watches by this particular Reiza-to-reality, stimulus-response in action.

B) Anyone who has ever taken the time to read the Overview page that accompanies NAMeS: Real Drivers for AMS2 can probably agree on at least one--or is it two--thing(s): whoever made this mod is kind of eff'd up--but he surely doesn't lack for confidence. Maybe my mods only prove my own narcissism ... but narcissism is universally applicable to all humans to one degree or another, and remains an issue than everyone has to manage. If I happen to be the most narcissistic modder among us, I can handle that, because I have a high opinion of myself.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2023
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. KRRTDustin

KRRTDustin Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

• Like Like x 10
    • Winner Winner x 6
    • Friendly Friendly x 3
  17. F1historic

F1historic Member

18. KRRTDustin

The Ferrari and McLaren are fully done for AMS2. The Renault is missing some textures on the steering wheel then it is ready too. But bringing the cars to AMS2 is such a big challenge.

• Like Like x 7
  19. F1historic

F1historic Member

Challenge about the time or technically?

20. KRRTDustin

The import to AMS2 is very hard. Especially when you do that for the first few times. There is just so much stuff that can go wrong. When you think that you have found the solution it still won't work because you messed something up on another area. But I have reason to believe to get it working tomorrow. Well I've been at the current step for almost 2 weeks.

• Like Like x 2