1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 Mods!!!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - Modding' started by ZeferinoCoutinho, Jan 4, 2021.

1. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

The mod cars and tracks all have a mixed variety of calibration. So do the Reiza cars and tracks to some extent, but the range of variation in the modded content is wider (not a big surprise).

Therefore, some mod combos will be just fine while a few others will be worse than the worse combos of stock content.

2. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

This is best Zolder version of any game. I usually don't like mods, since most of them are basically garbage, but since AMS2 mods are primarily from PC2, they are flawless, love them. Each cars and tracks are fantastic.

3. muzarati

muzarati Member

Personally I'm not sure on the converted tracks, the ones I've tried all seem to have issues, Zolder has the bouncing AI in the pits and some weird shadow issues. Don't think I'll bother anymore. Raceroom has a good Zolder!

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. jota.191

jota.191 (I'm Lando Garlando in AMS2 lobbies) AMS2 Club Member

Well, they are not flawless. Sadly there are issues with AI and track limits. A corollary of the last is that it is impossible to use proper rules (no safety car for instance). I have all of them installed and sometimes I do a couple of laps but the tracks do not make the cut to be added to my championships (I have done it before and it has been a pain, much easier AI, AI piling up, etc)

I am greatly impressed on how the guys that make the ports actually achieve this. I have learned a bit about modding in the madness engine and that only makes me be more impressed. It is a titanic task. However, for this work really shine, some things must apparently be figured out:

I am sure this is even much more annoying to them considering all the work they do. I hope they can figure out how to do that at some point.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  5. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I mainly do time trials and test day, so you might be correct AI, I would not know. I'm just grateful the MODS provide additional tracks and cars. I love a solid variety to keep things fresh, like PC2, ACC, etc...

6. jtortosen

jtortosen Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I support the modding scene and so on, but speaking about myself, I prefer playing AMS2 only with original content. Most of the cars behave a bit arcadish and in the case of the street cars, the cars feels and behave very bouncy.

The tracks have lot of issues, like the asphalt feels very bumpy, the warnings issues, the boxes have a very big step that make you jumps, the AI is very annoying etc.

Reiza should release tools so that modders can fix all these bugs. Until then, mods are unpar from original content...

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. john Ellis

john Ellis The Rectifier of Names AMS2 Club Member

FWIW, it appears that the NASCAR-themed 1966 Mustang RTR and 1969 Camaro T/A cars by RacerXtc have received an update (now v1.3).

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  8. maitevel

maitevel New Member

Well, COTA has almost always been a very bumpy circuit. And Mugello, you only have to watch a MotoGP race to know that it is too.

On the other hand, I would be surprised if this year or next year we don't have official COTA.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Lab Pong

Lab Pong OG Sim'er

Yes mods are not as good technically because they are not the same in build level.
    But mods give me more fun and enjoyment more often than stock cars and tracks.

• Like Like x 1
  10. PocketsRJ

PocketsRJ Hi from UK!

Trying Mugello, very thankful there's the Short version as that's my favourite :D Having an issue with leaving the garage with the car being 'attacked' by something, but I'm sure that's known. Disable damage should cover it :)

Now for Zolder, good day! <3

11. Cholton82

Cholton82 Active Member

With regards to car models are the ones in LMU able to be used. Sorry if that’s a dumb question I know absolutely nothing when it comes to modding content.

12. jota.191

jota.191 (I'm Lando Garlando in AMS2 lobbies) AMS2 Club Member

Most mods are ports from other madness engine titles. Indycar2023, VRC Auriel GTO and VRC Chevrette are the only exceptions to my knowledge.

EDIT: Look at the next post by @gvse.

Last edited: May 20, 2024
    • Like Like x 1
  13. gvse

gvse Active Member AMS2 Club Member

You can use any 3d object as a car in AMS 2, but using sources other than Madness engine means the process is more complex and time consuming.
    The PCMT site has about 50/50 spread of Madness derived cars and those from other sources.

14. Eric Rowland

Eric Rowland Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Last edited: May 21, 2024
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Beezer215

Beezer215 Member

16. Renan G Flores

Renan G Flores Active Member

Hello, I have a question: is it possible to convert PCARS 3 tracks to AMS2 the same way some cars have already been converted (like the Formula E mod)?
    Since a big chunk of PCARS 2 tracks have already been converted I decided to take a look at PCARS 3 track selection. And they have some good tracks, such as Yas Marina, Bahrain and especially Zandvoort. Also, it seems to have some interesting original tracks, such as Havana, Tuscany and Monument Valley.
    I know PCARS 3 has a different approach from it's predecessor, especially concerning the pitstops. So I was wondering, is it possible?

• Like Like x 3
  17. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

I think it’s possible

• Like Like x 1
  18. YOUNG IL YOON

YOUNG IL YOON crossfieldz_ROK AMS2 Club Member

But PC3 track has no pit area. pit window is also closed..

• Informative Informative x 2
  19. john Ellis

john Ellis The Rectifier of Names AMS2 Club Member

• Winner Winner x 7
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  20. gvse

gvse Active Member AMS2 Club Member

It is not possible. Only Pc2 tracks are doable.