Automobilista 2 November 2023 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Nov 17, 2023.

1. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

Will drivers still have just blank white suits if using a custom livery?
    68465zvu.jpg

2. MarcG

MarcG Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Thanks for the update Renato but it's time to be honest with you, I've become a bit tired of the constant "chasing tails" updates that are relentlessly altering physics based attributes for sooo many cars that I think it's fair to say there are too many and you could be doing that forever. The SuperV8 for example has felt good, than not so good, then good again, then not so good etc due to the ever changing updates over the past couple years. Of course as you say you can always and forever improve them (and that's what racing sims are doing generally) but I firmly believe there needs to come a time when you simply slow down (but never stop until the end) with the continuous tweaking, fiddling, adjusting of parameters trying to gain perfection which has already led you down the rabbit hole of never-ending changes on 100 odd vehicles. Don't get me wrong I'm very thankful and no doubt a lone voice with these thoughts (watch the dislikes roll in!), but personally I think there's too many cars, with too much tweaking to keep on top of, which has come at the expense of other areas which have long since needed attention.

So to see that there may be light at the end of that tunnel; and what what you said:
    "some updates on the rendering engine (another area we´ve haven´t dug into beyond adjustments here and there)"
    I have to say about time, the issues of; Cloud Rendering hogging performance, all cars visible on track with no way to limit them to save on performance, dynamic lights with the aforementioned all vehicles visible draining performance at night, strange low FPS during day/night transitions etc (all posted about elsewhere). These are now long standing rendering issues that have hampered my own personal enjoyment of this great Sim, ok yes I use VR which is it's own performance hogger which doesn't help, but a bit of TLC in those areas would go a long way and as above I believe they are overdue some proper attention.

Thanks for the continuos improvements in many areas, the incredible amount of content (for such a ridiculously low price!) and the endlessly brilliant work you and your team do for us. It is very much appreciated and AMS2 is and will be for some time my Go To Sim of choice :)

• Agree x 12
    • Like x 3
    • Winner x 2
    • Dislike x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
  3. Seb02

Seb02 Active Member

I was only talking about the Historical Circuits 1 and 2 DLCs.
    For the rest, I completely agree with you.

4. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Whilst I also would have loved a historical Long Beach and Laguna Seca more, I think you will find that with historic Interlagos and Barcelona its definitely not a question of "a few assets" and "1 turn".

Also, keep in mind, that if there is a track that has just a few asset changes, then it also requires less development time. A full development of a circuit is not the same development time as changing a few assets. You can't say "I would rather have a full new circuit instead of a few assets changed" - its an impossible switch. 30 days of work vs 1 half a day of work.

• Agree Agree x 8
  5. Carlael

Carlael Member

Great news Reiza crew! Looking forward to enjoy all of those new features!

• Like Like x 1
  6. The_Neo_One

The_Neo_One AMD Ryzen 5 5600X

IIRC prices on Steam are defined in USD and then Steam itself using a proprietary exchange rate/table defines the regional price. The prices from Steam games in Brasil already have been adjusted, not long ago. So only of Reiza updates the prices globally, which I believe they won't in the near future.

7. The_Neo_One

The_Neo_One AMD Ryzen 5 5600X

But they acknowledge that those historical variants in fact demanded less work hours, hence they are priced accordingly. Also, look at the context of this update : all tracks of this historical pack are suitable to the new content. Maybe just not your cup of tea, and that's fine. But it is cool to see anyways and also cool that it is relatively cheap. I've probably expend more than 8 USD on some AC mods.

• Agree Agree x 5
  8. jedlin12

jedlin12 Member

That package looks really solid. I'm especially looking foward to test updated AI. From my previous races i remember, that AI strategies were a little wrong and sometimes I had to adjust to them by doing 3-stop race, where 2-stops were just okay to finish the race.

I know, you're doing a lot of work. However, how the things look with Racin'USA bonus part? Will it arrive anytime soon?

• Like Like x 1
  9. TheRealJuralumin

TheRealJuralumin Member

I think the scenery tweaks and slight changes to some circuits are still worth it. Think about how many mods there are for rFactor, GTR2, and RACE 07 that re-skin tracks to better fit with historical car sets. Early 90's Catalunya and Montreal may be nearly the same as today, but if I'm going to race early 90's F1 cars, it's more fun if the track matches the aesthetic. It sucks when you're doing a historical championship and go from old school tracks with concrete walls, lots of grass, and gravel traps, to modern ones with loads of run off and hi tech pit lanes, kills the vibe.

• Agree Agree x 5
  10. th3orist

th3orist Member

Great Dev Update and so cool to see the historic stuff.
    But on that note: Are there any plans to bring in one or two Indycars from that early 1990s era? You know, when Mario Andretti and Emmo were still racing, or that season when Nigel Mansell came in and won the championship, 1993. I simply love these cars. Would be cool to have one of those. There is that famous mod for rF1 of course by Isi, but having these cars realized in AMS2 would be just awesome.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. Budgetek

Budgetek Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Improvements on all fronts but MP. Thanks very much for your hard work but I belive I am not the only one who is sorry about the fact that MP is way down on Reiza priority list. The information provided by Renato on MP is so vague that i lost all hope MP will ever see any significant improvements. Its a shame.

• Agree Agree x 12
    • Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yeah, another year has gone by without any significant changes to MP, and your definitely not the only one, i still have a little bit of hope though, would be nice for a change if MP is the first priority in 2024.....

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Disagree Disagree x 5
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  13. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Pretty sure the tin-top enthusiasts would riot if they went back to Indycars.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. Pandytim99

Pandytim99 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

They can bring super GT instead

and you know Motegi have a oval variation so…

• Like Like x 9
  15. TheRealJuralumin

TheRealJuralumin Member

You better believe it! o_O I love 90s IndyCar but boy did they spend a long time focusing on it. Keen to see some more touring car content in the future! And given how much work they put into the oval racing it'd be nice to see some stock cars added, even if they are just generic unlicensed ones.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. jedlin12

jedlin12 Member

I think it's enough of CART machinery for now. I would rather welcome some american stock car representation more. In any form (however mid 2000s gen4 cup cars are my favourites)

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. morpwr

morpwr Active Member AMS2 Club Member

early big hp no power brake/steering aero cars(super bird etc) along with the last of the real cars from the mid 80s would be cool along with the gen 4

• Like Like x 1
  18. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Nice read! Looking forward to Le Mans and all it entails very, very, very mucho!!:D

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. ramsus

ramsus New Member

Don't get me wrong, since my favourite series is in fact F1 and this upcoming update is an absolute BLESSING out of nowhere, but I'm also really waiting for the endurance update.
    The only F1 cars I'm now missing from the game are from the late V10 or early V8 era (pre KERS etc). That would make my all-in-one dream sim complete.

Then again, I'm not and probably should not be complaining, as what Reiza produces is pure gold, no matter the series.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  20. miata_fanboy

miata_fanboy Member

I don't want to ask for more f1 content pretty much immediatly after the release of this dev update, but in my humble opinion 1964 and 50s f1 cars are are a huge hole in the historic roster. But i do understand that you would have to make updated 60s versions of circuits so it's probably too much work. Pretty hyped for the tin tops though, they're gonna be a blast.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 5