1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 November 2023 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Nov 17, 2023.

1. Cholton82

Cholton82 Active Member

Looks like a massive amount of work is going into this update so thank you.
    Mid session saves was on my wish list but maybe not possible which is a shame given the upcoming content.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

I am also very much looking forward to what the last Racing USA will contain, hopefully a stock car so i can stop putting Nascar liveries on every existing car in the game :D

• Funny Funny x 11
  3. Frederick Alonso

Frederick Alonso Active Member Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Great to read ramsus, the team worked day and night. I'm sure people will enjoy the classic F1 series, have been driving them in VR and the sounds alone gave me thrills I believed someone teleported me back to 1991. I really love the updates personally. Driving around and looking to Senna, what more do we want for christmas? :D

• Like Like x 17
    • Winner Winner x 2
  4. sevenbelow7

sevenbelow7 New Member

Surely more time on the online side of things should come before little changes tinkering away to physics and sound etc. look what’s happened with rFactor2 and how their new ‘race control’ system has seen a huge upsurge in new users,(myself being one of them). Like every update you get the fan boys saying how amazing it is and how much of a game changer it is,and then give it a week and it’s back to GT3 at spa or monza.
    When you look at the online servers there’s usually about 10-15 servers with only 1 person in them.
    I genuinely hope things improve for online and fast before there’s more people moving away for good.

• Agree x 13
    • Disagree x 6
    • Dislike x 2
    • Funny x 2
    • Winner x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
  5. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I think it is also that the track content fits the cars content. Maybe other tracks could be more suited to an Historic Endurance pack and would have no sense to release them in the context of 92/93 formulas era.

• Like Like x 1
  6. TheRealJuralumin

TheRealJuralumin Member

I feel like AMS2 has put a much larger emphasis on single player, so much has been done when it comes to offline content and AI. Personally that is for me why I play this sim so much over others out there, it's kind of refreshing to see a developer put so much care into the offline experience and immersion. I do still play AMS2 online, but I usually do it in a private lobby with my friends and a bunch of AI to fill the grid. AMS2 doesn't really strike me as a serious e-sport kind of racing sim, it's more like a sim racing sandbox. Though it would be nice if some of the single player improvements could be brought into the multiplayer, I mentioned in the feature request thread that smart AI livery selection and the ability to kick AI opponents in multiplayer sessions would be really useful.

I still don't really understand why someone would buy AMS2 just to race GT3 cars in ranked multiplayer...

• Agree Agree x 27
  7. Alegunner68

Alegunner68 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

That's so close to my paint job it's uncanny
    upload_2023-11-18_15-47-33.jpeg

IMG_20230819_124224037~2.jpg

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  8. John Manetti

John Manetti Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Hang in there buddy, the changes will come there too. And Team Reiza is targeting this too

• Optimistic Optimistic x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. TheRealJuralumin

TheRealJuralumin Member

• Like Like x 2
  10. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

Marc I know there is a lot of rambling there (truly, way too much - I need an editor) making it harder to distinguish it, but if you read it you’ll realize the dev update kinda agrees with you :p

Also - if I may be just as candid with you as you have been here for a while now - surely have seen the point made over and over and should grasp that 3D/2D artists who deliver the content are not the ones doing the tail chasing with physics and AI, and the guy developing active suspension isn’t the one thats going to fix Multiplayer. Having more content to handle isn’t immaterial and does add overhead, but they are not at the root of the issues you raise.

FWIW, I think the SuperV8 has been great for a while now and it’s even greater in v1.5.3 and has good AI to go with it now yoo so I don’t think it’s been a casualty of our M.O. in any recent update. Naturally opinions do vary, but hopefully you’ll still like it (or come to like it?) in the next one :)

Ultimately it comes down to the fact we can only please some users some of the time - scroll through any of these threads and you’ll see user requests that are completely antithetical to one another - they all paid for the game and they all have right to expect the game to go a certain way, but the only way it’s ever going is the way set out to go on - we keep trying to communicate that is the way, but with mixed success getting through :p

Some users unfortunately we can’t seem to please at all and they seemingly keep wanting us to make a game different to the one we are making, and to prioritise things that we have never meant to prioritize. We don’t enjoy the fact our work makes them frustrated, but I’m afraid it’s on them to come to terms with what the game is and isn’t.

• Like x 29
    • Agree x 11
    • Winner x 7
    • Informative x 5
    • Friendly x 4
  11. TheRealJuralumin

TheRealJuralumin Member

AMS2 is made by a single person, John Reiza! :p

• Funny Funny x 7
  12. Harry H

Harry H Active Member AMS2 Club Member

The SuperV8 has become one of my favorite cars to drive during the post V1.5 development cycle. Awesome.

• Agree Agree x 4
  13. ANJAROO

ANJAROO New Member AMS2 Club Member

I will post my honest reaction to this:

Please make the next update about Multiplayer :(

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Disagree Disagree x 6
  14. MarcG

MarcG Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Thanks Renato, yes the rambling does equate to what I was getting at :D But don't stop that I enjoy reading your updates in the fullest of details, something I wish every simulation developer would do be that Racing and Flight :)

Yeah I'm well aware the physics coder doesn't texture the walls of Bathurst or the graphics coder worry about tire flex physics, I think my point was more leaning to your own overall perception and that you could perhaps look up from the physics stuff and realise there are "basic" areas that still warrant direct attention. The visible vehicles is one area for example, which If I'm not mistaken, most other Sims have available to help with performance. Something that was in pCars and therefore the Madness Engine, so it's troubling that it was taken out when it's fundamentally a big reason for performance loss with this sim and has been since Day One, as this sim has developed there's no doubt the performance has decreased over time so it requires some attention at least in various areas. Ultimately though of course it is "good enough" as it is, but could always be better. I'll be sure to revisit the SuperV8 next update.

But now I'm rambling, I hope you get what I mean in the end :)

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. TKracer

TKracer Active Member

"Similar fine-tuning has been done in other areas of the physics, not necessarily as consequential as tires but also very significant, the most notable of which on aerodynamics where efforts have gone towards adjusting the yaw sensitivity of the various aero devices in high downforce, which make a big difference in how car behaves once it starts sliding, and revising rear wing efficiency at baseline as we found several cars were still retaining an optimistic amount of the total downforce at minimal setting"

Sounds good, this was actually a big issue for me. I think some cars have way to high amount of downforce. This sounds very promising!

• Informative Informative x 2
  16. deekracer

deekracer Active Member

you need to work on your trail braking!

17. Andy Reader

Andy Reader Member

i cant wait to play the game that this guy is making.he seems to know better than everyone at reiza.

• Funny Funny x 2
  18. kingkoenig

kingkoenig Active Member

Oh well, there goes my hopes of ever seeing cars from 1981-1982 in AMS2... :whistle:

• Like Like x 1
  19. Manbird12000

Manbird12000 Active Member

AMS2 is going to get even better! Great stuff Renato and juicy content and beefy tweaks. Can’t wait for the release.

20. CMB75

CMB75 New Member

or 1994 FW16, B194, MP4/9, … ;):)

• Winner Winner x 1