1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 November 2021 Development Update Part 2

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Nov 22, 2021.

1. CatAstrophe05

CatAstrophe05 The Andrea De Cesaris of simracing

Ah yes, the absolute, undisputed masterpiece of cinema that was Driven
    Truly stands among the greats, and should be used as an example for every movie going forward

/s :p

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Mike Kadlcak

Mike Kadlcak Member AMS2 Club Member

3. RacingAtHome

RacingAtHome New Member

Other circuit must be something with a massive lake in the middle of it so cars can fly into it.

4. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Wolfgang Herold

Wolfgang Herold I Like Liveries :) AMS2 Club Member

tower to alink, sorry but we are closed currently.
    There is a CART race on the main runway.
    You could try an emergency landing on the beach ;)

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Rob Davies

Rob Davies Bobby Dazzler AMS2 Club Member

You got NIS working? How please Paul :)

NuScopri's modded FSR file isn't 2.0 compatible to use NIS... but FSR gives some gains.

7. skylineforever

skylineforever Member

I hope they go in a next update, they will take care of the handling of the cars with a joystick...

8. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

G
    Go ninto Nvidia control panel/ Manage 3D Settings/ Global Settings/ Set Image Scaling to On (dont forget to click ok then Apply)/ Then go to Change Resoloution. Now you dont need to do anything in there it will just show you a list of resoloutions, your native resoloutions, other resoloutions but, there will also be a list of scaling resoloutions with percentages next to them. Check what those are, then go into the game and choose one of those resoloutions (those resoloutions might not normaly show up in the games res list, but now you've got scaling on, they will) start off at lowest, see how many extra frames that gives you and work upwards from there till you've got whatever image quality and extra FPS you are willing to deal with. Hope that helps

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. Darkmater

Darkmater Member

I take it this is using a monitor and not for vr? I would like to try NIS with vr.

10. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes with monitor, i dont know about VR yet but I don't think it really applys to VR

11. GregzVR

GregzVR P1 passion, P10 talent.

Yeah, this pretty much applies to the desktop monitor output only.

12. Carlosfr

Carlosfr New Member

[QUOTE = "Tarmac Terrorist, post: 163816, member: 17700"] Sí, con monitor, todavía no sé nada de realidad virtual, pero no creo que realmente se aplique a la realidad virtual [/ QUOTE]
    ¿Funciona con configuraciones de pantalla triple o solo con configuraciones de monitor único?

13. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Funciona con cuantas pantallas tienes, uno solo o triple... NIS solamente hace un downscale y crea una nueva resolución que tienes que eligir en el juego.

Pero NIS no hace milagres - aún tiengo problemas de FPS con lo clima Overcast, por ejemplo.

14. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

So do any NIS settings allow to get native resolution quality with an fps gain?

15. chonk

chonk Active Member AMS2 Club Member

No, not exactly. I would say if your monitor is 1080p it's not worth it you're basically upscaling from 720p at that point there's not enough image to work with and depending on your monitor size it could look much worse than native. Like a 30" 1080p monitor will not be pretty. Here you're better off lowering ingame settings.

@1440p I would say 85% looks very close to native. And is perfect if you just want a simple solution to get you extra frames in graphically taxing scenarios like heavy rain with headlights. Or for an endurance race with potentially variable weather.

@2160p this is where you get the most bang for buck and 75% becomes a viable option. Here depending on monitor size again 85% will look almost identical to native in some games.

That said, the AA solution available in game makes a big difference, to be honest AMS2 actually looks better than I expected with it enabled so that's great but there's probably still room for improvement there. Also at the moment I'm avoiding using nvidia's sharpening and enable sharpening via AMS2's graphics config instead. UI elements in AMS2 don't hold up well when sharpened heavily, there's some weirdness with edges of the font that is visible with or with out NIS.

Anyway main take away is if your starting from a low base resolution on a large screen it will look a bit crap.

16. F1Aussie

I have a 1600p monitor so AMS2 looks really nice but could always use more fps especially when racing at night or in bad weather. Even replays tank a 3090s fps so any extra improvement without loss of quality would be a bonus. Maybe reiza can find some optimisations in areas still that could equate to more fps, especially in replays and rainy Conditions

17. chonk

@F1Aussie
    yeah replays are special in that generally there's a lot more happening on screen at any one time, especially with headlights. I assume your monitor has a very high refresh rate? Like 165hz or something like that? In AMS2's performance settings what other refresh rates does it allow you to choose? And in for example rainy replays, do you know what kind of framerate you are currently achieving?

18. F1Aussie

Yes, monitor is standard 144hz but I run it at 120. In replays at Race start I can be as low as in the 40s for fps at Race start then usually in the low 100s after a lap

19. chonk

It surprises me that even on a 3090 replays are still an issue for you, your pc is a god tier. Do you know off hand what your gpu usage is like in that situation. Just asking out of curiosity rather than trying to diagnose anything.

20. F1Aussie

Lol, God tier. Pretty sure it is running at high 90s then, but will look closer next time. In race mode with all ultra settings and Max grid after the race start and using the fps limit at 118 it usually sits between 60 - 70% gpu usage at 118fps. If I run without the cap usually get 160 - 180fps. The race starts can drop into the 80s.