1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 -Time to Beat The Best! Can We Set The F309 World Record at Guapore?

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Ralonso, Jan 16, 2022.

1. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I can't find your time in TT with the C3-R on Bathurst ?
    What is your Time with the "Easy" stuff in TTOTW or don't you think the F-Ultimate on Monza belongs to that category?

2. tUMi

tUMi Active Member

Driving on F-Ultimate Gen2 on Hockenheim is easy stuff in your opinion? Far from easy, I can tell that. :rolleyes: Otherwise everyone would run there lap times under 1:12.000.

Hell, it's hard in there to even drive a full lap without spinning out of the track because of the handling characteristics of this car.

Never tried the C3-R Corvette but yeah, I can imagine how hard that is to drive. I doubt I ever will as I drive with sequential gearbox cars only in AMS2. To be honest, I'm not a fan of H-pattern gearboxes (my sim racing rig doesn't even have one at the moment). I'm more into the modern racing cars (90's and newer).

For me the TT mode is not about driving with only difficult cars and tracks so I could have something to boast about to others. I tend to drive in TT mode with track & car combos that for me personally feels fun to drive on. Everyone has their personal preferences in this regard and I respect that.

3. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

I don't so much agree with the "easy" stuff but more the "boring" stuff. I tend to not drive GT3 cars as I find them boring so if I see them in TT I tend to not participate.
    I did try the FU 22 at Monza TTOTW but the added lag of low FPS made it not fun at all.

@SaxOhare that is interesting that some TT's do have the capped FPS problem. The first one I tried in a while was full speed ahead. (Didn't help me crack the top spots sadly, It's tough on the ones YouTuber's promote :p (GT1 at Bathurst).

4. Oubaas

Oubaas Active Member

Now now, let's not pin our sense of self-worth to lap times in a game. If that makes you grouchy, people will think you've had an emergency humorectomy.

Hell, I've got a bunch of medals they gave me when I was in the service, and no one outside of my immediate family even knows that I have them. They're hidden away.

So if I don't include those in the list of things that I give a damn about, I'm sure you'll survive if I joke with you about your hot laps.

As for the C3-R at Bathurst, I would say that trying to turn a fast lap in that thing at Bathurst is tantamount to trying to shove a wet noodle up a bobcat's butt in a phone booth.

But I'd sure like to watch some videos of the attempts! :D

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

I like you :D

• Like Like x 1
  6. SaxOhare

so just chatter

7. SaxOhare

I think the separation can be made with the F-Retro-Gen3 previously released cars do not provide GPU-cap newer ones do provide GPU-Cap

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. tUMi

tUMi Active Member

By the way, today I tested the TTotW mode for the first time (the F-Ultimate Gen2 on Monza).

I found out quickly that the competition on the leaderboard of the TTotW event is insanely hard on Monza! I could barely even make it into the top-10 on the leaderboard! :D I wish we would have competition like this on the regular Time Trial mode. :)

I also did have a little issue with the FPS on TTotW mode like several other people who have reported it on this forum. In regular Time Trial mode the FPS always stays at the frame rate limit I have set from the NVIDIA driver (118 FPS). In TTotW it seems to drop a bit but still doesn't go below 100 FPS in my case. Strange.

ams2_f-ult_g2_monza_ttotw_personal_record_11-09-22.png

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

I did the TT of the week 4-1 with the Brabham/Interlagos, if anyone wants to have a crack at my lap. I think there's another half a second in it with the current setup, at least for me (might be more for others), but I'm currently proudly sullying the top of the leaderboard. ^^