1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 -Time to Beat The Best! Can We Set The F309 World Record at Guapore?

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Ralonso, Jan 16, 2022.

1. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

@FS7 - just an idea!
    If you make a lot of humorous "noise" about what car/track combination you want to be challenged more at people will probably show up.
    Hehe be aware that its often some rather speedy people that will arrive :confused:
    So they will maybe not only challenge you - but also destroy your socalled WR.
    If they can.
    So think about it before announcing that you want more challenge :D

2. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

That's what I'm hoping for, more people posting their laptimes so that I can compare myself to them and see how much I need to improve.
    Before the LB reset I was usually 5-10 seconds slower than the top time depending on the car/track, so that's what I'm expecting if more people post times in the LBs.

3. BrunoB

I would gladly join you but I dont like the GP version of Nurb but prefer the Vedol version with the faster chicane.
    And beside of that then without in any way patronizing you there is not much challenge for me to compete with you because of your keyboard/gamepad handicap.

Idea:
    Could it be a more inspirering idea for you if you contacted some of the other keyboard/gamepad drivers and then made your own TT competition on top of "ours" normal one but where you just did compete with each other on more equal terms.
    I mean you could PM the other keyboard/gamepad drivers to hear if they are interrested :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. BrunoB

Just to show that I wasnt patronizing you but also to show how different it is to drive with even a cheap plastic wheel without pedals - then this is the result after just 3 laps with my mandatory slightly tweaked default setup :)

Nurb_LB.png

2 laps later: Hehe just check out the LB on the Vedol version.
    Much more flow if you ask me ;)

Last edited: Feb 9, 2022
  5. BrunoB

Oh man - cannot some of you really fast guys take a trip to virtual Italy and beat this Ferrari guy.
    Because Im unable to drive faster than my #2 laptime.
    And he is still more than 1 sec faster than me.
    Must be a special force :mad::mad: - or something.:(

ByTheWay: @Ralonso have you completely given up mastering the US Carts? :D

MonzaGP-LB.jpg

6. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

I'm still not back home, but as soon as I am, I'm gonna try and make the Dualshock reign over your XBox pad ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  7. FS7

I'm looking forward to it.
    BTW I sent you a friend request on Steam a while ago, not sure if you saw it (my Steam username: fs7kills).

• Like Like x 1
  8. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

I actually didn't. I remember you and me talking about this, but I actually looked for a friend request and never found it. Gonna look again as soon as I am home!

9. BrunoB

Conserning this friend thing then its complete bullocs.
    I got a request from some Wolf or something 1 month ago - and became so positively surprised :D that I did send him about 15-2000 socalled Steam points as an altruistic gift.:p
    Haha thats the way I am.
    An overgrown altruistic hippie :p:p:p

Didnt hear anything afterwards - and I cant even see if I have a wolf-friend or something.
    The Steam menus is some amateurish bull if you ask me :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

10. FS7

Adding friends in Steam can be useful in the sense that when looking at the leaderboards you can filter by friends only and easily compare laptimes with them, check their setup (if they allow it), and see their ghost.

11. BrunoB

Yeah. And Im (ofcourse) not against this virtual friend thing :)
    I do just try in a humorous way to describe that at least I am not able to get a clear view of possible friends (of mine) because of Steams unsupportive menu chaos.:rolleyes:
    (IMO);)

12. BrunoB

How about a small virtual visit to Japan guys?
    I miss some competition - as can be seen.
    Prefer guys using wheels and (if needed) pedals :D
    How about you @Ralonso?
    Why do you allways choose another car/track than me? :whistle:

ByTheWay: Copy & paste people are allowed to "steal" my setup. Because my more secret and advanced setups are reserved to Raceroom. That dont allow this gamish Copy & paste :mad:

Kanzai_LB.jpg

Last edited: Feb 15, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  13. tUMi

tUMi Active Member

Hey @BrunoB :)

This is actually very nice car and track combination for Time Trial, I really enjoyed my time doing my lap time to the leaderboard.

I'll be honest with you, I was forced to "borrow" your setup to be competitive in the leaderboard (thank you for "voluntarily" sharing it, it's a very nice setup after making a small steering lock adjustment to it). I'm not ashamed to admit that. It's a built-in feature in AMS2, after all.

I admit straight away that setting up the cars from scratch is not my area of expertise. I am just a driver, not a mechanic or engineer. ;) However I'm able to make some small personal tweaks to the car setups to make them suit better for my driving style (such as adjusting the steering lock, brake power/balance, gear ratios, aero wings and other simple stuff) but that's about it.

Being able to load other people's car setups from the leaderboard is actually one of my favourite features in AMS2, it keeps me going posting lap times in the leaderboard. I sincerely hope Reiza will never remove it (unlikely) from the game or alter it any way. Time Trial is pretty much the only mode in AMS2 I'm driving these days. Let's face it, without this feature people with pretty decent driving skills like myself could never challenge any of the drivers sitting in the top places in leaderboard. @Speedfinn knows what I'm talking about as he is truly a wizard setting up the open-wheel cars like the McLaren MP4/12 (my favourite car in AMS2 Time Trial) and his car setups are one of the main reasons I have claimed so many WR's in that car class. :)

However, I completely understand this feature can be annoying and frustrating to those drivers who expertise in creating car setups in Time Trial leaderboard. I can imagine it's not the best feeling in the world when you go look to the leaderboard only to find out that your lap time has been obliterated by someone who just simply loaded up your setup you've tweaked for hours and hours. However people like me who are struggling with setting up the cars are grateful for those setups to exist. :)

I hope no one felt offended by this longish post (was certainly not my intention). :)

Anyway, here's my lap time for this car/track combo. I think I can still improve it for maybe couple of tenths of a second if I spend more time with this combo.

ams2_f-usa_gen3_kansai_gp_tumi_world_record_17-02-22.png

• Like Like x 1
  14. BrunoB

But what is worse than this (what I consider gamish feature) is that its often the same guys who is moaning all the time why there is not more series with fixed setups - who become pretty aggressive when told that in RL there is not much place for drivers claiming its their holy right not to mess with setting up the car.

But another reason Im 100% against this forced sharing of setups is because as long as this is forced in AMS2 - then this socalled sim will never be a sim the more serious drivers will put their entusiasm and work in.:cool:

I know from iRacing where the more skilled and entusiastic drivers did work a lot with their setups - but where there was also a lot of excitments and speculation if a guy could as example both drive a tiny bit faster on the straights and at the same time looking like he could still get some good grip levels when getting into corners.
    Such kind of excitement does not exist in a gamer sim like AMS2.:rolleyes:

I can give a recent example from Raceroom which is much more like RL conserning this setup thing:
    Recently they published a new Indy oval and trying to defend my un-official crown of King of Racerooms F-US :p:p I launched some ghost laps with the fastest guys on this track.
    To try to figure out what wing settings they were using.
    And when I thought(?) had figured this out I used a further tiny bit of secret oval witchcraft into the setup - and managed to go a fraction faster.:)
    The satisfaction was much better than in as example AMS2.
    Because here I could just "steal" their setup and then try to copy their racing style.:rolleyes:
    My time in Raceroom were much more exciting and like RL than the more boring gamish meh in AMS2.;)

ByTheWay: Oh I forgot. Congrats with your pretty good laptime. And thanks for your tuff competition. I will probably come back to Kansai but at the moment Im using my time on Nordschleife :D

Last edited: Feb 17, 2022
  15. tUMi

tUMi Active Member

Thank you. I'll try to improve my lap time in Kansai tomorrow maybe. I think I will also visit Nordschleife with these cars during the upcoming weekend, I got lot of hours spent in that track in the past with other cars. :D

16. BrunoB

@tUMi - you just keep away from my Nordschleife :mad:
    And you dont need to revisit Kansai - anymore :p:p:p

ByTheWay: As can be seen in another thread I naively did believe that the bug with the "locked out" Rainard Honda was solved with this upd.
    Haha no. Even my friendly rather normal laptime was completely ignored after exit. :mad:

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. tUMi

tUMi Active Member

Sorry @BrunoB but couldn't resist the temptation of the Nordschleife. :p

ams2_f-usa_gen3_nordschleife_tumi_world_record_20-02-22.png
    ams2_f-usa_gen3_nordschleife_tumi_world_record_20-02-22_sector_times.png

Also revisited Kansai (sorry about that too ;)) and managed to improve my earlier lap time for about three tenths of a second.

ams2_f-usa_gen3_kansai_gp_tumi_world_record_20-02-22.png

ams2_f-usa_gen3_kansai_gp_tumi_world_record_20-02-22_sector_times.png

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. ControlLogix

ControlLogix Active Member

Sorry I couldn't resist either lol Sense of speed is unreal with this car/track combo especially the last sector after the carousel

5.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  19. tUMi

tUMi Active Member

Nice lap time. Although don't expect your lap time to last very long on top as my lap was being driven quite "safely" and I didn't took any risks while doing it. I bet it was pretty much the same situation on your lap as well so we both still have a lot of room for improvements. ;)

My current personal best lap time was born on my first lap I finished and so far I've driven maybe 30 minutes tops on Nordschleife with this car.

By looking your lap time I think going under 5:10.000 is definitely possible with some more practise. I think we'll have a good battle on our hands in Nordschleife on this car class. :)

20. ControlLogix

ControlLogix Active Member

I agree, it's a really fun track with lots of opportunity to get a bit more time here and there.

• Like Like x 1