1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.1.0.0 RELEASED - Now Updated to V1.1.0.5

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Dec 31, 2020.

1. GearNazi

GearNazi Well-Known Member

I understand... I will see if I notice this in the races.
    They do have a tendency to go "wide", don't they? Like three abreast, for a very long time?! Makes it quite hard to get a move in.
    It's like, c'mon guys! Overtake or not, but they're very reluctant to concede position now. (Which I abuse by forcing them on a line that leads over sausage-curbs and what not, it's fun, sometimes they topple over!)

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. oez

oez Mayor of Long Beach AMS2 Club Member

Me, driving on a two-lane highway with a lorry overtaking another lorry for five hours.

---

Where did we arrive on the CLK GTR gear indicator? I couldn't find onboard footage, but I did notice that it was a thing in Project Cars. No way to know if this is correct or not based on another game. Kind of looks wrong being forced into that tiny space...

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. GearNazi

GearNazi Well-Known Member

Or me, waiting 5 months for a rtx3080?! How are you oez? Good job on procuring this rarity of a GPU...

• Like Like x 1
  4. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

It wasn't there in the real CLK LM for 1998 (in game) and it was introduced only in the 1999 CLR which is a fairly different car introduced for the next year class (not called GT1 anymore by FIA)

• Like Like x 2
  5. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

But it does not make any sense if everything is shown in digit except the selected gear? With a sequential gearbox it is not possible to "feel" the selected gear when touching gear leveler as with an H-pattern.
    Here is a cockpit from a McLaren from 1993/1994, I do not know if I am right but I am sure that the first digit from left is the gear, others maybe any oil-/water temps and fuel, above GOOD TO SEE (compare to classic G3M2 V10 model) the RPM-bar. All for driving and engine-health necessary. Something like speed is informative but for race-driver not necessary.
    If you have an digit display, it is possible to configure as you want. Via a controller lights can switched on/off like you want, that means depending on a (rpm) sensor it is possible to get a (shifting) light glowed at a specific value. The same with the rpm-bar which is only a display with no physical limits. That is today, that was 20 years ago, that was 60 years ago.... That's why I do not understand why the dash of the MB CLK is working that way, not IRL not in AMS. It does not make any sense that the start of glowing of any shifting-/rpm-lights is miles behind the optimum engine performance. You have no effort and it is bad for engine lifetime as well. 3466561305_3204f087a2_o.jpg

6. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Mate, motorbikes (street and race versions) have always had sequential gearboxes and for the most part of their history no gear indicator until very recently LCDs made their way on bikes. Why would that be so troubling for you guys?
    Also to answer to your point on the optimal change rpm, it is actually a function of what the next gear ratio is as well. So the best rpm to change really depends on how fast the torque curve drops after max power vs the difference in gear ratio between current and next gear. In other words it's a number that does not exist in itself

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

I already answered this pages back...

You literally do not need to know what gear you are in with a sequential. What is your current rpm? What do you want/need to do next? Shift up or down (or don't shift) accordingly. That's it. @alink, try it with the F-Trainer and you will see it is quite easy.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. alink

Sorry guys, maybe there is some misunderstanding.
    It is not when I should shift, it is the technical equipment in the MB CLK LM and some other cars where I think the visualation on the digital dash does not fit to the engine performance.
    But now, we have a long discussion about this topic with no result (at least for me) and I think Reiza has done it right / real or will do it. That's it, over and out ;)

9. Demichkd

Demichkd Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes you did and agree. There is the HUD too :rolleyes:

10. cpcdem

cpcdem Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Guys, about the shifting lights etc discussion, here's a Dyno app that you might find useful. I had written it for PCARS2, but works fine with AMS2 as well, you just need to set the Shared Memory option to Project CARS 2. It also needs one of the recent .Net Framework versions installed.

To use it, just run it, then open any kind of session in AMS2 with the car you want to test, in a track with a long straight and put the car in the beginning of it. Put 4th gear with autoclutch on and fully press the gas, until it slowly reaches the limiter. Then the app will show you the power/torque curves logged from telemetry. I had been using this in PCARS2 to figure out the optimal gear shift points for every car.

Attached Files:

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. ToMythTo

ToMythTo The Hero We Need But Not Deserved

Is this the only way to get correct results? Cant we just run a normal lap in TT for example?
    So much thanks btw, was searching something similar for days. I didn’t try it yet but if you interested to resume development on it we could provide feedback.

12. cpcdem

cpcdem Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Problem with that is that there will probably be spikes on the gear changes, for example telemetry might be still be outputing power values from previous rpm, while the gear is being changed. A smooth, one-gear only run will give more accurate results. Hope you like it, but it's very simple actually, so I don't think there's room for further development for it. In case you'd like something added though, yeah please tell me! Probably in another thread or by pm though, let's not go further off-topic in this already off topic ;)

13. stealthradek

stealthradek Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Spoiler alert :whistle:

"Gameplay video showcasing the latest developments to Automobilista 2 in the upcoming v1.1.0.4 - these include an extensive art revision to the recently released Spa-Francorchamps DLC, including night lighting, faster AI lines and improved performance. The update will also feature further extensive revisions to tire and driveline physics, as well as new developments to AI behavior, including much better detection of slower cars up ahead which should make multiclass racing more competitive. In this video we take a ride with the recently released Mclaren F1 GTR, contending against the superior Mercedes CLK LM & Porsche 911 GT1 and the typical ever-changing weather of Spa as the night begins to set - makes for some exciting racing against the AI"

Source: in video description :)

• Like Like x 1
  14. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

Automobilista 2 has been updated to v1.1.0.4 - this is a substantive complementary update to the release from two weeks ago, the highlights being several improvements & corrections for Spa, new tire & driveline physics developments along with some new AI logic that should greatly improve their skill dodging traffic in multiclass races.

Please note that while there is no need to delete your Automobilista 2 settings folder in this update, several cars require a setup reset to default to receive some of their latest adjustments as marked in the changelog below.

V1.1.0.4 CHANGELOG

GENERAL
    • Reduced pit speed limit of historical classes from 120 km/h to 100 km/h to minimise issues with AI overshooting its pitbox
    • Disabled mandatory pitstops in GT1 90s Championship

UI & HUD
    • Fixed issue where UI would become unresponsive when restarting a race from the post session leaderboard screen
    • Lobbies now always use descending order when sorting lobbies by player
    • Custom even screens now display full vehicle name instead of abbreviated version
    • Fixed English label on FFB GAIN INCREASE mapping
    • Added GT1 HUD icon

PHYSICS & FFB
    • Added several new gearbox, clutch, crankshaft, driveshaft & wheel bearing models to better suit various types of drivelines
    • Reduced differential viscous hump & clutch lock ratios
    • Revised F-Retro & F-Classic tire carcass (all gens)
    • Further stiffened carcass sidewall for GT1 / GT3 / GT4 / Prototype / Stockcar tires
    • Further tire tread adjustments to F3, Mini, Sprintrace, Stock Car, Caterhams, F-Retro, F-Classic (all gens), F-V12, F-Ultimate, Porsche Cup, GT3, GT4, Copa Truck, Street Cars
    • Fixed error in tire models for BMW Procar, Group A & Opala 1986 cars
    • Reduced water dissipation for Formula Vee / Copa Fusca / Uno / Opala 1979 / Opala Old Stock tire treads (makes them slightly less efficient on a wet track)
    • Revised Porsche Cup physics (reduced inertia, more low end engine torque, default setup adjustments, new custom tire tread) (requires setup reset)
    • Further fine tuning of FFB max force for 570S, Caterham 620R, Ginetta G55, Opalas, Porsche Cup, BMW Procar, Group A, GT1 cars
    • Slightly reduced aero draft effect (all cars)
    • Slightly adjusted Mercedes CLK GT1, F-Ultimate default setup (requires setup reset)
    • Reduced GT1 & Opala rear brake torque (all cars)
    • Increased pit speed limit in GT1 class to 100 km/h
    • Mclaren 570S GT4: adjusted aero center of pressure; fixed rear right fast damper range; increased brake torque; adjusted default setup (requires setup reset)
    • Adjusted engine compression curves for GT1 cars, Mclaren 570S GT4, Ginetta G55, F-Retro, Caterhams
    • Fixed error in Group A damper and rebound travel (requires setup reset)
    • Slightly raised Roco 001 CoG height
    • Slightly stiffened Mclaren F1 LM front suspension rates
    • Opened up differential adjustments for Caterhams with LSD
    • Disabled downshift autoblip for Mclaren F1 GTR, Porsche 911 GT1, MCR 2000; enabled for Metalmoro MRX P2,
    • Slightly increased downforce from F-Classic Gen1 diffuser
    • SprintRace: Adjusted rear wing center of pressure; increased bodywork drag
    • Reduced engine inertia for F-Trainer, Caterhams
    • Raised minimal front ride height for F-Classics (requires setup reset)
    • Adjusted gear ratios for Procar, Group A cars (requires setup reset)
    • Adjusted default roll bars, dampers for all Porsches (requires setup reset)
    • Fixed inverted slow / fast damper rates in Porsche Cup cars (requires setup reset)
    • Fixed asymetrical right front ride height setting in Porsche Cayman Clubsport (requires setup reset)

AI

• Added new overtaking logic - AI cars now evaluate speed of cars further ahead to dodge slow traffic more efficiently
    • Fixed bug causing AI simulated times to fluctuate widely
    • fixed issue where AIs would brake without reason on pit entry or exit
    • Further general AI performance callibration for throttle & brake application, tire rolling resistance & drivetrain losses (to better match player straightline speed), launch speed (slow starts still remain an issue with Group A & Procar)
    • Increased AI speed on wet tracks while running slicks
    • Slightly increased AI aggression scalars per vehicle
    • Further reduced AI jerkiness in lateral movement
    • Reduced AI brake distance offsets
    • Fine tuned AI brake performance
    • Update AI fuel load logic for practice sessions (now uses same as quali - further customizations of fuel levels per car will follow in subsequent builds)
    • Slightly reduced AI quali performance & improvedp practice performance (all cars)

AUDIO
    • Minor sound loop corrections on transmission whine samples for GT3R and M6 GT3, Sprint race and Super v8 samples.

TRACKS
    • Updated weather probability ratios (a bit less rain generally)
    • Spa: Extensive art & performance pass; added night lighting, added more static objects around scene, more trackside objects; fixed some tree & treeline shadows, fixed holes in paddock area looking from Bruxelles; added new kart building and marshall huts, updated pit fence and other fences; updates to foliage and outside terrain/roads to match the 2020 look; reduced foliage around Blanchimont; Generated new AI paths (much better fast line); adjusted track cut runoff limits
    • Imola 1988: Fixed a few wall and terrain gaps; Minor AI grip increase
    • Goiania: Rebuild armco collisions in attempt to fix ireported ntermittent collisions
    • Curitiba: Further road mesh noise revisions
    • Curvelo: Reduced road mesh noise
    • Guapore: Reduced road mesh noise
    • Ibarra: Updated trackside cams for reverse layout

VEHICLES
    • MetalMoro AJR: Fixed tail lights, external mirrors;
    • MetalMoro MRX: Adjusted RPM LED ranges for P3 variants
    • Further fine tuning of exhaust parameters (for cars producing less backfiring)
    • Further adjusted carbon visual brake glow range
    • Added new Metalmoro AJR liveries (including a new batch of community skins)

Last edited: Jan 13, 2021
    • Winner Winner x 33
    • Like Like x 23
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. Harvey Mushman

Harvey Mushman New Member

Thanks for your tireless work...great job Reiza!!!

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  16. oez

oez Mayor of Long Beach AMS2 Club Member

Thanks for your continuous efforts :hurrayreiza: and @Renato Simioni! I love it!

Seems like you threw a bone to couple of us physics thread regulars :D. I can't wait to sink my teeth into these driveline changes.

• Like Like x 2
  17. alink

With the new random weather model I feel very happy, and now with a little bit less rain, what's better, great.
    -do we get the Spa-karting track anytime? :whistle:
    Great to see different weather conditions over the track, that makes Spa and especially Nurburgring much-much-much-much more real, and one of my "feature request" wish has come true, maybe next step is weather radar / or,at least, weather forecast. :):D
    As always, I love the job you are doing, keep on!

• Like Like x 2
  18. Brett Nagle

Brett Nagle Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Any plans to add mandatory pit stops to timed races? Would be nice to have that as an option for like 60 min GT races, but still have a mandatory pitstop like some real world series do.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 2
  19. kkdrummer

kkdrummer Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Awesome! This is a proper update, not a hot fix! :p:DGlad to see that promo video too!

20. ToMythTo

ToMythTo The Hero We Need But Not Deserved

I didnt see any light over the road in the test run, only houses and car objects. Can anyone confirm?