1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.3.8.1 Oficially Released - Now Updated to V1.3.8.3

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jun 28, 2022.

1. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

I venture to Lake Side track every other week and have been to many Aussie races throughout the years, i also rarely watch any TV, on occasion watch F1 highlights on YT. I'm just talking colours in general, like real life vision that I've experienced for my last 50 years of viewing the world.

2. McClutch

McClutch Well-Known Member

Nothing looks the same on different monitors, using different settings on that different monitor. Going from blueish undersaturated to orange oversaturated is just two steps on my monitors backside 4 way switch.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

I commented that on a AC reshade video, many commenter saying how amazing it looked yet to me and others it looked grainy and cartoon :confused: It's amazing how differently we all see things :confused:

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Xela1

Xela1 BANNED BANNED

…. last 54 years

5. bobbie424242

bobbie424242 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

There's winter to make AMS way less saturated. Combine it with overcast weather to make it depressing and "serious" looking.
    Or you could just run rF2 whose sun is always white, looking super cold and depressing at all times.
    That being said, I really enjoy the colorful palette of AMS2. It is not overdone IMHO (read: super gamey in-your-face neon looking) and there is a whole lot of variation depending on weather / time of day / date. Notably, AMS2 has the best vegetation of any sim, especially in term of colors. And we know how getting "green" right is hard in video games...

Last edited: Jul 4, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. XTRMNTR2K

XTRMNTR2K I WANNA GO FAST! AMS2 Club Member

And not just in video games! I spend a lot of time editing nature photos, wildlife in particular, and I think getting the green right in post can be quite hard. And then there's the difference between screens and prints... And of course the individual difference between devices. (For instance, a friend once told me the green in my photos looked waaay over-saturated - on his phone! Yet on my screen and prints it was fine. It doesn't help that I have a slight deuteranomaly :D)

As for AMS2, I think the colors are good out of the box. I usually run the sim with a tiny little bit of adjustment via Reshade (iirc levels or curves and an ever so slight adjustment to colors, technicolor I think), but the difference is barely noticeable anyway.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

All the "realistic AC reshades" look like cataracts simulations. Real world colours are bright and vibrant, especially in bright daylight.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. Stevie D

Stevie D New Member

Yup! Done ;) And a dd wheel n decent pedals on the wish-list...

• Like Like x 1
  9. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

It is of the nature of tintops to race like that. That is why I think AMS2 AI is okay-ish to tintop cars, but used to be terrible (yes, terrible) for open wheelers.

Nowadays AI for the open wheelers is a little bit better, but still has a long way to go to be fun to drive against, like in any sim.

10. XTRMNTR2K

XTRMNTR2K I WANNA GO FAST! AMS2 Club Member

Just to clarify: You realize I was making fun of the real life footage, right? :D

• Like Like x 1
  11. RICARD GOMICIA CALATAYUD

RICARD GOMICIA CALATAYUD Member

Hi
    I've realized ther's no fog at night.
    Well, you can see the stars, but you see far and don't see the lights reflecting on the fog.

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. bobbie424242

bobbie424242 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

After spending quality time with Metalmoro MRX P4 at all the new Argentina tracks, I think this car is my new favorite. Both fast in the straights and super agile in the many curbs.
    And since it has headlights, it is suitable for night racing. Which is always spectacular going from night to dawn with time acceleration. There's so much amount of awesome to be found in AMS2 with all the combinations available !

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 4
  13. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I had a thought, if one was to race ovals with real weather and it rains, will the race be just continue (but obvs be undrivable)? Or will the race be red flagged, and then restart when real weather forecast says the rain stops?

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Jason Bradshaw

Jason Bradshaw Member

Has there been any update recently on being able to edit the pit crew skins and driver skins to match the liveries of the cars? Is there a file we can edit now to do this?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. McClutch

McClutch Well-Known Member

I experimented with that a year ago when the 24h Nürburgring was red flagged over night due to catastrophic weather....despite "real weather" in ASM2 that reflected in no way what was going on for real at that date, the race in ASM2 just went on.

The flooding of Spa-Francorchamps at the same time was also not reproducable ;)

Last edited: Jul 5, 2022
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. tpw

tpw Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

So I just got back into sim racing after 6 months off the tools (various life reasons as well as lingering dissatisfactions across titles and forums), and it's given me a good perspective on just how far AMS2 has come along.
    • The car handling and physics (and default setups) are better than they've ever been and most of the cars I care about are just bloody sublime to drive.
    • The AI are the best they've ever been, at least in terms of their general behaviour. Great to see them jostling for position, making forced and unforced errors, and not ignoring the player. The per class and per track/sector consistency is still pretty off, as is BOP. I appreciate that there will be some progress on this now that the physics have settled.
    • The car and track visuals remain superb (loving the improved damage visuals), and the performance is generally excellent (except in the wet).
    • The external vehicle audio is fantastic (Mini JCW is an exception, its coming/going audio is reversed), the interior audio varies from excellent to mediocre (some cars have extremely tinny and synthetic in-car audio). The environmental audio, a standout of AMS1, is still practically non existent.
    • The UI is fast and generally serviceable but still has numerous QOL issues. In my opinion the replay menu, particularly the nonsensical camera buttons, is probably the worst in any sim.
    • The new tracks are great, really happy to see Buenos Aires #6 back.
    Coming back to AMS2 was like pulling on an old comfortable pair of shoes, it's just so natural and enjoyable to hotlap and race. After a couple of days back, if I had to pick a real standout issue, it is wet weather, and the associated game systems:
    • In car windscreen droplet fx are really substandard visually.
    • Dry tyres in the wet and wet tyres in the dry are off.
    • AI have very uneven pacing in the wet compared to the dry, and are completely different to the player when weather transitions from wet/dry or back again.
    • Wet weather puts a massive strain on the GPU (particularly if headlights are on) and causes FPS dips and other issues. To me, if there was a Madness engine issue worth looking into, this would be it.
    All in all though I'm very happy to be back. Kudos to Renato and the team for continuing to engage with the community, and for continuing to make both incremental and major improvements to a fantastic piece of software.

• Agree x 14
    • Like x 7
    • Winner x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
  17. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

AMS2 is now updated to V1.3.8.2 - this is a complementary update to hotfix some issues from the latest release and add a few further improvements.

V1.3.8.2 CHANGELOG

CONTENT
    • Added Buenos Aires alternative layout 6 with "tobogan" chicane

GENERAL
    • Fixed Championship editor allowing too many opponents
    • Fixed ABS driving aid not working in vehicles without factory ABS

PHYSICS
    • Minor tire tread refinements BMW Procar, Copa Classic, Lancer Cup
    • F-Ultimate Gen2: Minor aero adjustments; Increased spring adjustment range & generally stiffened default to better optimize undertray aero (setup reset recommended)
    • Revised ABS strength as a gameplay driving aid for cars that don´t feature the system built-in
    • Procar: Adjusted default roll bar (slightly softer front, stiffer rear)
    • Group A: slightly stiffer default front roll bar
    • Revised aero dropoff rates for all cars with significant downforce, reducing minor inconsistencies

AI
    • Further reduced high aggression AI lateral rate of movement for slightly less twitches
    • AI calibration pass for Copa Classic, F-Ultimate Gen2
    • Reduced AI CoG multiplier to attempt minimise chances of cars rolling over sausage curbs
    • Brands Hatch GP: Further AI performance adjustments
    • Buenos Aires:Adjusted AI line & performance at T4,T5,T6,T7 of layout 6

AUDIO
    • Fixed missing Azure tunnel & bridge reflections

TRACKS
    • Buenos Aires: Adjusted razor curbs on selected runoff areas ("Curvon 8, "Viborita" and "Cajon") ; Added missing winter trees for No.12
    • Cordoba: added new race control, 2nd garage building, adjusted seasonal foliage, tweaked crowds, roadlines, few small tweaks to curb heights for TC layout section, added tents, vehicles and other details around the track; Added animated marshals; Added night lighting

VEHICLES
    • F-Ultimate Gen2: Added cockpit vibration effect to the front fender winglets; revised collision.

• Like Like x 32
    • Winner Winner x 21
  18. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

NICE! Any chance of layout nr5?

• Like Like x 2
  19. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

@Dolph 'The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh' :rolleyes::whistle:

• Funny Funny x 4
  20. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I know. When the 5 should arrive, someone's gonna go "what about the 5-S?" :D

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2