1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.4.1.0 Released - Now Updated to V1.4.1.3

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Aug 27, 2022.

1. MrGit

MrGit Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Was all going well till we hit Brands and the server filled up, was set to 28 with i believe 26 drivers online, a bunch got booted in quali going to the race but up till then things were all good.

Now set it to 24 max, so hoping this'll knock it on the head...netcode though has been pretty good, much improved.

2. Br1am

Br1am Member AMS2 Club Member

For me it is not a lack of interpretation of ffb or being used to other sims that feel a little different. What AMS2 does well is allow to go on and over the limit without punishing you harshly like other sims do, this in itself it to be applauded and makes for a very engaging experience.

Where it goes wrong for me is how soon you reach the limit of grip on most cars that arent on really wide slicks, and what happens after. For example I can push through grip on power all the way uphill in the final corner of Brands Hatch corner in the Copa Uno, a fwd with 131 hp and 860kg, with a max rubbered in track setting, optimal temp/pressure in the tires. If you’ve ever driven a low powered track car irl, you know this is very unrealistic.

Another example; Try coasting just 20kph through the hairpin at Donnington in the Caterham Academy without correcting for the loss of the rear. (Again, max rubbered in optimal temp/pressure etc). When in real life I can lift my inner rear wheel in the air on a summer day with bog standard street tires on my Clio hatchback, just from the sheer grip in a tight corner with the same speed. It just doesn’t add up.

Going fast or setting a time trial record has nothing to do with that flaw. You just deal with the same conditions within the sim and adjust your driving accordingly, that doesn’t mean the base level of grip is off on a lot of cars atm. I stand by my point.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo "Son of Spartakus" and "Leisure Nostradamus" AMS2 Club Member

I would do a steam file integrity check for both main and beta release as i had 5 missing files in main and three in the beta.
    Good luck:)

4. Demeisen

Demeisen Well-Known Member

There's an issue with some car and track combos causing CTD. Are you getting this all the time?

5. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo "Son of Spartakus" and "Leisure Nostradamus" AMS2 Club Member

All the latest Windows updates installed?;)

6. McNeil00

McNeil00 Member

I drive with VR. I see sparks from the cars only on one eye. I drive on monza 1991 with F classic gen3. sparks from the right side of the car are only on the right eye. sparks from the middle of the car only on the left eye.

7. Seb02

Seb02 Active Member

Yesterday, I tested the ovals with the formulas USA and I put the level of the IA towards 95 so that my level is respected. Today, even with a level of 70, the AI is faster than me by more than 2 seconds.
    Gateway is fine but Daytona and Fontana are unplayable for my level. And I do not understand this such difference with last night.

8. lianjieyiqie

lianjieyiqie Active Member AMS2 Club Member

into the track, pause-->option-->cockpit configuration 48-驾驶舱配置.png

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. Max Melamed

Max Melamed New Member

I finally had the energy to give the new update a proper (1h...) spin. Covid still is hitting hard.
    I went with my classic testing configuration. Porsche 911 GTE + Spa (in this case ofc 2022).
    And what can I say, this is by FAR the best AMS2 has ever felt and played. The FFB is, at least from what I have played in the last months (ACC, rF2 and AMS2) the best and it does communicate all the little details in the surface.

AI is a big step forward, thought multiclass racing still needs a bit of tweaking. But it was great fun and the AI is fighting hard but fair.

This is the state I hoped for AMS2 since 1.0.
    Now I am really looking forward to the next steps. Hopefully some decent MP ranked gaming (maybe get in touch with the guys from LFM :p), bigger AI and MP carnumbers on track (give me that 60 car experience at Spa) and all other nice surprises on the way.

Awesome Reiza, keep it up!

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

A new hotfix just went live for AMS2 with build 2133 (no change in version number as exe remained the same).

Changelog for hotfixes since V1.4.1 release:
    • Spa-Francorchamps_2022: Fixed Bus Stop wall physics, various fixes to road and curbs, added updated curb extensions,, added tire stacks; LOD tweaks & minor optimization;
    • Fixed F-USA Gen3 crashing to desktop when loading short oval configuration
    • Corrected peak performance engine output figures for GT1 cars
    • F-USA Gen2: Fixed Lola T98 Short Oval LOD D, Revised pivot position in all LODs
    • F-USA Gen1-3: Variou correction accross all oval variants; Added minor amount of default positive camber for left side tires; Fixed Lola, Swift front wing & undertray CoP: Fixed Lola & Swift FFB discrepancies
    • F-Ultimate Gen 1: Fixed suspension animation causing wheels to sink through the ground
    • Tire tread adjustments for Opala Old Stock, Sprint Race, F-3, F-Trainer, Vintages Gen1&2, Mini Classic B, F-Vee, Uno and Fusca tires
    • General wet tire developmnt & fixed treaded / road & semislick tires being too slippery on a wet track
    • FFB: Minor increase of pneumatic trail for all cars & reduced parking force
    • Added missing wet compounds for Opala 86, Omega 99, GT Open class & F-Ultimate Gen2
    • F-Ultimate Gen2: Revised undertray aero
    • GT3 & GTE: Improved engine cooling very slightly
    • Fixed Mini Cooper 65 Classic B & Stock Omega defaulting to wrong tires
    • Karts: Further adjustments to brake heating rate
    • AI calibration pass for Old Stock, Vintage TC1, F-Trainer, Cat Academy, karts (all classes)
    • Minor adjustments to AI behavior in ovals

There are known issues with F-Retro handling (both gens), performance issues in some cars with AMDM, wet weather tires & wet AI performance calibration, as well as general AI struggling in ovals & with the faster karts - we are pushing to get these rectified in the coming days.

• Like Like x 24
    • Winner Winner x 14
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  11. Demichkd

Demichkd Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I need help or advice. Before update my opponent skill/aggression was 100/55. I’d fight for top 5. V1.4 ovals (other than Gateway) for any FUSA car I’m at skill 70 and aggression low and finish dead last with throttle smashed to floor. Are others experience this with default setup?

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Dylan Hale

Dylan Hale Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

What are the issues with the Formula Retro? I haven't seen anyone talking about it?

13. Aza340

Aza340 Active Member

I have to agree with your comments . For a very long time I've felt the low speed grip and to a lesser extent the overall grip in general is far too low in any cars that don't have wide slicks.
    Still find the SIM hugely enjoyable but honestly believe the SIM would benefit greatly from a re evaluation of these levels of grip from the Devs .

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. Dylan Hale

Do a manual rolling start, otherwise you loose the draft before getting up to speed. Also make sure your fuel load is as light as possible

15. Demichkd

Demichkd Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Thanks. I am doing manual rolling start. I will try lower fuel, I assumed I would have same amount as AI. I’m usually in the draft through first lap but by next they are gone. I’ll give it a shot

16. Seb02

Seb02 Active Member

I have the same problem too

17. Jebus

Jebus The Lying Finn AMS2 Club Member

Formula-Retro drivability

18. jota.191

jota.191 (I'm Lando Garlando in AMS2 lobbies) AMS2 Club Member

Do the AI limitations have to do with them running too packed in ovals, or the behavior has to do with physics? BTW, congrats and thank you!

19. Dylan Hale

You can also close the radiator a hint, and try to run a mid to high line until you are under 50l of fuel. When the car is heavy you scrub off too much speed running the bottom

• Informative Informative x 3
  20. bobbie424242

bobbie424242 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

AI still has a tendency to drive into packs (not only on ovals) and up to 4-wide if there is room for it.
    I suppose this is known and will be worked on.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1