1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.4.6.1 Officially Released - Now Updated to V1.4.6.4

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Mar 4, 2023.

1. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Still a scumbag

2. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

There were plenty of other things he did outside of group C that were questionable. Easy to Google to find them

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. TurboHenk

TurboHenk Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Thank you for your reply.

No, I have everything on Ultra and I run 8xMSAA + 3400x3400px per eye on my Reverb G2 (so VR only). And I tried ALL possible settings (ingame and also Nvidia settings). Nothing makes a difference, it's 100% sure the track design because it happens is some tracks and in others not.

And it always happens to "thin" objects with something behind it. So an advertisement on the top or at the side of the tracks for example. And always at a certain distance, when I drive close to it "the object stabilizes"/flickering stops but the distance(when it starts/stops flickering) depends on the object, some closer some further.

I made a bug report about it recently. I'm not the only one suffering from this, there are(obviously) more reports about this. It's also mentioned by someone else in the VR thread on this forum(that also tried almost everything I think), but we never received an official statement/reply about this. The good thing is that it IS fixable by redesigning items on the track (since there are also tracks that don't suffer from it, or only very mildly) but the bad thing is, is that it's not on Reiza's agenda yet to my knowledge? This while I love this game and I always do everything to get the image in VR as clear/the resolution as high as possible. But by doing that, this flickering issue gets even more visible. It's really ruining the experience for me.

If someone runs VR in a pretty low resolution+no/low MSAA then it's not that visible because of the shimmering of the pixels, everything shimmers/looks bad in the distance in that case. But now that the hardware becomes faster(4090) and the the VR HMD's get sharper in resolution (Aero/Crystal/G2 etc. + future devices) this issues becomes much more an issue then when you run the game on low settings. But only a small percentage have such hardware that's why it's not massively reported here. But it will become a bigger problem in the future for stated reasons(people buy better hmd's with higher resolution combined with faster GPU's).

So it's quite the opposite of what you suspect/suggested: It's more visible with high settings/high resolution because then the flickering in the distance gets better visible too. This while with low resolution; VR is blurred in the distance and low MSAA causes also many shimmering, so it's less disturbing in that scenario.

And this ONLY happens in AMS2/PC2 (so clearly engine related) but this ONLY happens in ~60-70% of the tracks, some tracks are well enough designed so they don't (really) suffer from this. But most tracks do, so it's fixable by redesigning those advertisements/objects (mostly on top of the road at the start of the track, and side of the track advertisements(thin objects)).

Last edited: Mar 5, 2023
    • Informative Informative x 5
  4. Dylan Hale

Dylan Hale Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

So I just wanted to say, love the way Group C has been rebalanced. Porsche has been made a hint faster, Corvette a lot slower (on par with the Porsche now). The Nissan and the Mercedes are still really fast but go through fuel like crazy.

Did a 16 lap race at Bathurst 83. 100 km with 3x fuel use and 2x tires. The Nissan's and Mercedes had to pit twice. Porsche made it easily on one stop, corvette was right on the borderline of making it on one stop.

The AI even handled the narrow pit entry perfectly! Very impressed!

• Like Like x 10
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  5. Dylan Hale

Thats why you guys need to get Modding sorted out because the head of Historic Sim Studios wants to bring his cars and tracks to AMS2. They've got a good portion of the 1906 Grand Prix field, some cars from the 1930's and a selection of 1960's Japanese Sportscars that are just badass. But they're all stuck in Assetto Corsa!

• Like Like x 7
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Dylan Hale

Also also
    HOLY CRAP THE C4 SOUNDS EVIL FLATOUT

• Like Like x 1
  7. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

There is AMDM to simulate mechanical failures but no EDM to simulate electronic failures that seem to plague some cars…

F2D9625A-E68D-46EC-A45C-F0BAD05FD049.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 11
  8. Demeisen

Demeisen Well-Known Member

Er…well…yes, obviously. He’s famously standing under a picture of Adolf bleedin’ Hitler. I hope it didn’t look like I was endorsing him! :confused:

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. Injafaz

Injafaz New Member

Need a fix for track cutting and racing through the pits at the Daytona oval in time trial. Delete cheaters times.

10. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yeah looks like.:)
    This had been discussed previously and is kinda late comment to that.
    It's just, I like these cars so much.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. buraianisuto

buraianisuto New Member

The tyre walls on the entrance to pits at Bathurst were only put in prior to the 1982 James Hardie 1000, 1981 and earlier the pit entry did not have the tyre walls in place.

12. Adam-80UK

Adam-80UK Active Member AMS2 Club Member

So still no fix for water spray clipping through cars :(

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. TurboHenk

TurboHenk Active Member AMS2 Club Member

And still no fix yet for the wrongly rendered "metal sparks" in VR. (they are rendered completely different in each eye)

Please let us disable the metal sparks at the Formula cars for VR users, at least give us an option to do that.

And if this isn't fixable then I suggest to remove the metal sparks completely because it's really immersion ruining. They currently only work ok in 2D screens but since AMS2 is THE VR sim; they should be fixed/or it should be possible to disable them as an option or otherwise fully removed until it's fixed.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Gabriel "Pai" Legnini

Gabriel "Pai" Legnini Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Wow this is a great surprise. After reading the notes I thought this was not touched!

15. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

• Informative Informative x 2
  16. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Imho AMS2 needs a couple more kart tracks before any other.

Kartódromo dos Ingleses is a must! I raced there in my last vacations and I can attest the flow of the track is very very nice. Found a random onboard on youtube (not me):

Even Schumacher has been (and won) there in 2007 and 08:

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Ricardo Amaral

Ricardo Amaral Member AMS2 Club Member

And talking about karting, it would be great to have the circuito Internacional de Nova Odessa. Which is considered to be the biggest in the world according to the track owners.
    I have raced there, and it is really impressive how fast you can go with rental karts.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Dylan Hale

There seems to be a lot of little things that were stealth patched.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Dylan Hale

• Creative Creative x 1
  20. McNeil00

McNeil00 Member

Are the LEDs indicators still WIP? I drove with the Porsche GTE and here you can see good the grey ground bug what i mean.

[​IMG]
    here are the light off and the RPM and Dashboard LEDs are off.

[​IMG]
    now with lights on, the RPM LEDs lights grey and only the left Dashboard gets this too. But they must still off like the right one.

[​IMG]
    now gets confuse. when the Dashboard LEDs show like in this image the TC activity, The Bars gets another grey ground. its not the same like the in the second image.

I dont know how the LEDs lights work in the game. I think with layers. when the lights are off, they have no light effect and this is unrealistic for a lamp.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 6, 2023
    • Informative Informative x 3