1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.4 Force Feedback Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Domagoj Lovric, Sep 4, 2022.

1. Manuel Staedel

Manuel Staedel Active Member AMS2 Club Member

The drift mode in the minus range dampens the FFB, whereas in the plus range the FFB becomes lighter at higher steering speeds in order to be able to countersteer more quickly.

2. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Bought a DD1 a couple of days ago. Lots of fiddling with it to get the best settings. Used Dom's advice as a base.

Currently I came up with this.
    I tried to use Dom's settings first, but they felt really light and toyish. Even lighter and worse than my CSW 2.5. So after a couple of hours of tweaking I think these are somewhat nice settings. Coming days I probably have tune to it out a bit more.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Danielkart

Danielkart Well-Known Member

Hey Marius! There is an explanation for your light wheel. There is an ideal range for gain in the game. With your dd1, it's in play at about 65% gain. If you now set the gain at your base (dd1 = 20Nm) to 100% you will also have 20Nm peaks. If you set the gain at your base to 50% you will have 10 Nm peaks

4. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Yeah, I figured it out a bit. Dom's settings were even worser than my CSW 2.5, hehe. I've set now at 75% at Fanatec Driver, so 15nm peaks. Using 42% gain ingame, and damper at 50%. Feels great for me. Used 60% damper before, but it was not was raw as I liked and steering tiresome on the long run. I liked the settings I use now. (See my signature.) I will likely gradually increase gain bit by bit. Already tried 45% gain and it feels awesome as well. Have to built it slowly up. But I think I will settle around 45-50% gain which is good enough. Anymore and racing will not become a pleasure. I want peaks, not a constant fighting the wheel which is kinda unrealistic. Raw information coming through is also a thing I love. Yesterday I did hit a kerb the wrong way, and I received a incredibly raw jolt in return. Was amazing :D

5. Tornado

Tornado New Member

sorry if it was mentioned before but I have a question about FFB settings for old wheel Logitech MOMO Racing (black). My problem is that FFB effects are too weak... Racing car feels weightless and empty...grip feels not good enough, especially on low speeds...any suggestions how to improve FFB?

6. john Ellis

john Ellis The Rectifier of Names AMS2 Club Member

Your centering force is too weak for starters. Assuming you're using Reiza's FFB profiles, start with the Reiza custom (basic) profile at the recommended in-game G25 settings (i.e., Gain: 100, LFB: 60, FX: 50). Your Logitech profiler should be set at Overall: 100, Spring: 0, Damping: 0, 10% centering (Reiza recommends 20 for the G29), and allow game adjustments checked.

Select the BMW M3 Group A and head to the Nurburgring Veedol 2020. Adjust LFB and/or Gain as needed. You can't have it all with the Logitech MOMO--but I use the recommended Reiza values stated above with my G25 and I almost never have to tweak the per-car FFB Gain whether its Reiza content or car mods (Reiza's Porsche 911 RSR 3.0 is a notable exception, as it needs more per-car Gain, as is Thunderflash's F355 Challenge, which needs much less). Once you get the centering force set, you can try out one of the Reiza Default profiles which adds various forces adjusted by the FX slider. With the MOMO, it's probably best to leave Damping at 0. It's all in Post #219 on the previous page.

Last edited: May 31, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  7. kune

kune New Member

turning up the LFB setting is crucial for the CSW 2.5. Without it, the wheel does not load up when cornering and the cars feel like they are weightless. I run LFB at almost 100 on some cars.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. Danielkart

I can give you my experience with LFB. LFB should only be increased with very weak bases (1-3Nm). It causes a notch in the middle and the FFB signals are covered (well seen in the FFB graph) they lose a lot of good FFB feedback. In addition, vibrations occur from about 4Nm, which increase with stronger bases. Yes you won't have such a light wheel if you increase LFB but then you have to make compromises. In the end, your personal taste decides:)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

Are the settings the same for the V1.5 cars or are they changed? I use CSL DD with boost kit

10. john Ellis

I would assume that if there are to be any wheel-base specific setting changes coming from Reiza, these would not be provided until when/after V1.5 arrives. That being said, given the nuanced nature of the changes made to Reiza's Custom/Default/Default+ profiles as featured in the 1.4.8.x RC, I would be surprised if huge changes were announced. Compared to previous drivetrain, tire, aerodynamic, and other physics-related changes made over the development of AMS2, which were massive and seemingly clouded the FFB issue initially, Reiza has actually been remarkably consistent in its approach to FFB for a very, very long time. Among Fanatec wheel-base software settings in particular, there doesn't even seem to be a lot of variance across models pre-V1.4 vs post-V1.4 when consulting guidance provided by either Fanatec at their forums (CSW) or Reiza in this thread.

Fanatec AMS2 settings.jpg

Last edited: Jun 8, 2023
  11. Danielkart

I see that completely differently. For me this physics is a massive change and the same goes for the in-game and base settings. A lot has changed and you can no longer compare it with 1.3 or 1.4

12. john Ellis

Oh, I'm certainly not arguing against the desire for receiving additional FFB guidance for AMS2. The settings I shared were merely those previously provided by Fanatec and Reiza by each company within the official threads at their respective forums ... and I only made the comparison because that is what is currently available, at least until V1.5 (presumably) precipitates an update ... although it's arguably fair to expect revised guidance after that update is released. Who knows, Fanatec hasn't posted new settings in their forum since 2021--perhaps they remain entirely satisfied with their current recommendations!;)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. Danielkart

Hey John! Yes, I know that Fanatec has not changed the settings since 2021. I don't think there will be anything else, I would be very surprised. I have no influence on the settings of Fanatec or Reiza, I'm just a normal simracer like everyone else. The only thing I can do is pass on my experiences and impressions to the people. Everyone can decide for themselves whether they find it good or bad and everyone should go according to their personal taste

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. Robbb74

Robbb74 New Member AMS2 Club Member

Is there a recommended track-car combo that can be used to dial in the preferred FFB-settings? I like most cars in the game, but prefer the tin tops over the Formula cars.
    For example: When you go round the Track of Brasilia in a BMW GT4 and tune the FFB until it feels good, you can assume that that is a solid FFB for most cars in game.

Is it possible to give such a recommendation, or are the cars too different from each other to get such a baseline?

Grt. Rob

15. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

So anybody here with a Moza R5, that can help me with some settings, I get great detail and feedback(maybe too much vibration , but It's not unbearable) and I am already faster than with my old T300.

I used a guide by Boosted Media specifically for AMS2 for the Moza App settings, but had to lower the Gain and Fx in game a lot because it felt way too heavy.

But my main struggle is how it feels when turning, feels sluggish and the vibration overpowers the other details.
    I thought that's how these DD wheels felt, but I just tried F1 23 and have to say it feels better when turning, much more responsive and the resistance I get feels much more like my real car, the one I am getting in AMS2 feels more " sticky".

Any help will be appreciated!!

16. Domagoj Lovric

Domagoj Lovric Moderator Staff Member

"Sticky"? What in game damping you use?

Did you try swapping ffb profiles(custom, default, default+, some other custom created by community members)?

Try to reduce in game damping / zero out - to be sure that is the source of "stickiness".

Be sure to use some Pithouse damping, especially if you zero out damping in game.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Danielkart

"Sticky" is mostly a sign they are using too much dampening as domagoj put it. Try to work with the dampening at the base if you set the in-game dampening to 0. But be careful, only as much damping as necessary (no more vibrations) and no "sticky" feeling. With the new physics, they need less damping

• Like Like x 2
  18. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Thanks @Danielkart and @Domagoj Lovric , damping is at 50 in game using default profile, will start at 0 and see if that improves the feeling.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Richard appleyard

Richard appleyard AKA Neworder

Hi I'm also on R5 using Daniel s V70 custom file all default in pit house in game 72 6 30 0 feels great to me you should try

• Winner Winner x 1
  20. Michael Phillips

Michael Phillips Member AMS2 Club Member

anyone know how to get trueforce to work?