1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.4 Force Feedback Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Domagoj Lovric, Sep 4, 2022.

1. Peter Stefani

Peter Stefani Active Member AMS2 Club Member

1.5 basically felt the same to me in the Custom file I'm using. But later on made some changes to get a better US feeling when at the limit of grip.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Mfreak

Mfreak New Member

Hi i am new here, is there a way to disable trueforce? i have a g923 and i was using the command line disableTF, but i think it isn't working anymore can someone confirm?
    Apart from that i am really enjoying the update!

3. Great Ape

Great Ape Member

Know this is the v1.4 thread, but can't see a v1.5 so...

Now running a CSL DD 8nm wheel, anyone able to advise and share their settings?

4. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

I use Danielkart V80 (might move to V90) with the recommended settings in the file

• Like Like x 1
  5. dryheat94

dryheat94 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I was happy with Default+. Was bored last night and tried v90 on my CSW 2.5 belt wheel and it's magical. No going back now.

• Like Like x 2
  6. WhippyWhip

WhippyWhip Active Member AMS2 Club Member

i find default the most natural by far, default + is way too busy and noisy with it going heavy/light/heavy/light all the time

i tried danielkart v90 but it ramps up too much in some corners and also it feels like there is a massive amount of friction applied all the time

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Great Ape

Great Ape Member

Thanks all, I'll give them a bash tonight

8. WhippyWhip

WhippyWhip Active Member AMS2 Club Member

actually i'm still finding vanilla custom the best personally, give the right amount of information without added effects, ffb should be nice and simple not over complicated

• Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
  9. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek "Love the Simulation You're Dreaming In." AMS2 Club Member

Some like ffb simple, some like all the bells and whistles, or somewhere in-between. Some prefer no ffb at all. There is no perfect ffb to suit all, not even if it were guaranteed as being the most realistic.

The best part is when you have tried it many different ways and then you reach the point where you really know how you want your ffb to be. No other title offers more ffb customization / personalization. For some, that may be their worst nightmare, for others - the holy grail.

Real feedback through the wheel (by itself) can be quite bland and boring but, in the virtual space, we have the option to increase the feedback to make the experience so much more immersive. "To each their own!" :)

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. TKracer

TKracer Active Member

Simucube 2 owner.

running default with 50 damping, 15 fx.

ffb is great honestly

• Like Like x 1
  11. Koos

Koos New Member

The opening post shows control panel settings for Thrustmaster wheels which have auto-center settings "by the wheel" and 0%. I was trying recommend settings but the current Thrustmaster driver does not let me set anything else than 50% when I select "by the wheel", which is disastrous for the ffb.

I like default+ and prefer to run with very little damping on a Thrustmaster TX, say 0 - 5%, that way there's a bit more sense of oversteer / grip loss at the front. I use quite a lot of LFB (55) to stiffen the center up a bit.
    I'm not very fast and not very serious so I could very well be wrong but I feel like the suggested settings are quite a bit from where they're supposed to be.

12. newtonpg

newtonpg Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Don't know about your TM-TX Control Panel as mine works fine.
    Did you tried to write a zero rather than move the slide?

Attached Files:

13. Koos

Koos New Member

I had not. It works, thx.
    Eventually I'll test it out a bit, I'm content as it is now though (by the game).

14. jtortosen

jtortosen Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Hey, I read your post few days ago and today I was playing AC and ACC just for feel different physics and ffb. ACC is like AC but better, and is different but is natural, the tire bitting the asphalt when turning the wheel and so.

Well, I wen to AMS2, I remember your coment and set the vanilla custom. Is almost the same feeling and ffb as ACC have.
    Test in both games with the Mercedes GT3.

Tonight I will continue investigating.

• Informative Informative x 1
  15. Alegunner68

Alegunner68 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I like all the bells and whistles, I like all the seat of pants stuff - bumps and kerbs as they shake through my playseat challenge, the steering going tighter through fast corners and braking, simulating G forces. It gives me the impression I'm sitting in the car, and in vr that's an incredible feeling.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Emir_de_Passy

Emir_de_Passy Member

Hello. Is it possible to increase that feeling of vibrations/oscillations felt when braking hard from high speed? I believe it's worth transfer? Maybe abs too.. the only game in which I feel it very distinctively is RF2. Thanks.
    I have a 20nm DD wheel.

17. DaveC187

DaveC187 Member

So after 1.5 dropped I started messing with FFB settings. I have a CSL DD. After messing around with settings and testing all types of cars / tracks, I settled on going back to Default. It feels fantastic and really shines with the new tire model. I now feel like Default+ just adds more "noise" and doesn't add to vehicle / road connection, which is odd, because when Default+ first rolled out, I was completely sold on it. But now, with 1.5, I absolutely love Default. I feel totally connected and can really feel wheel flex and vehicle weight. The FFB just feels cleaner.
    Here are my settings:
    Gain 62
    LFB 0
    FX 35
    Damper 35

Anyone else change their settings after the 1.5 update?

18. Supermelon

Supermelon New Member

same here - after update to 1.5 really 'less is more' and I feel that Default is just perfect. No need for low force boost or FX to be honest. At least that's on Fanatec DD1.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Dainamo

Dainamo Active Member AMS2 Club Member

On my CSL DD, Default definitely is feeling best to me. I can really get a sense of the tires biting into the asphalt, the Default+ feels like a bit too much in some spots which muddies that feeling up.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. john Ellis

john Ellis The Rectifier of Names AMS2 Club Member

I've noticed something different about how the Reiza FFB profiles inter-relate after the V1.5 updates; essentially, it goes something like this:

1) Select the Reiza Custom (Basic) profile. V1.4 recommended settings for my G25 are 100/60/50/0, but for finding the ideal V1.5 settings I started with 100/60/0/0 (Note: Both FX and Damping sliders are designed by Reiza to have no effect when using the Basic profile, but I zeroed them anyway--you'll see why in #3). For a comprehensive list of available recommended FFB settings, consult the included table, below.

2) Set LFB to recommended value for your wheel and adjust Gain to mitigate undue clipping. Obviously, DD wheels typically require 0 LFB (or very little LFB). Starting with the V1.4 recommended Gain and LFB values for the G25 (100 & 60), I rapidly tested a selection of very different cars and tracks. With Gain at the recommended 100, there was a bit too much clipping in high-speed curves and the steering was too notchy at times. I left LFB at 60 and reduced again to 90 - 95, which let me better feel what the tires were doing and allowed me to realistically move the wheel to give opposite lock when needed. Taking the E30 M3 to Hockenheim Short '88 proved that there weren't any lingering rubber-band tire effects when snaking around its curves, and the steering of the Lotus 23, in comparison, felt suitably lighter (but not too light) and convincingly controllable. GT3/GT4 around VIR was also suitably convincing, and so on. Gain at 95 was totally sufficient during this phase, but other car/track combos might require small, individual Gain adjustments.

3) Leave FX and Damping both at 0 and switch over to Default. Here's where things really seem different compared to V1.4: even with FX and Damping both set at 0, the presence of the EPAS model in the Default profile V1.5 was immediately apparent compared to the Basic profile. Before, with V1.4, there seemed to be no difference between the Basic profile and the Default profiles with FX and Damping set to 0. Now, with V1.5, with FX and Damping zeroed, there are obvious differences when switching between Basic, Default, and Default+. So zeroing both FX and Damping seems to provide a suitable baseline that permits initial comparisons between Reiza FFB profiles (prior to further fine tuning). Moreover, I could easily feel exactly what each new profile was contributing to the FFB signal. The inherent friction and damping from the EPAS model in the Default/Default+ (even with FX & Damping zeroed) helped to increase steering feel around the center on my G25 (compared to the Basic profile). Gain needed to be reduced to 85 due to the increased FFB signal from the Default profile (and reduced to 75 for Default+).

4) Set Damping (if needed), based on the table below, or whatever other damping values you know works for your wheel. Now, focus on finding the best FX setting for your wheel. With my G25, Damping of 0 is recommended, and I actually prefer keeping FX at 0 when I am utilizing either the Default or Default+ profiles. Other users may desire to increase FX to increase various vibration and/or tire scrub effects that the default profiles generate.

Here’s the short--yet utterly complete--version:

Set LFB and Damping to the recommended value for your wheel base, add as much FX as desired for additional vibration and tire scrub effects (or leave FX at 0), and adjust Gain as necessary to optimize FFB dynamic range and reduce clipping based upon the FFB profile selected.

Arguably, given the straightforward design of Reiza FFB profiles, anyone who wants to make FFB in AMS2 more complicated than the process described above ought to consider using one of the many excellent custom FFB files created by the community.

AMS2 Wheel Base Settings.jpg

Last edited: Sep 1, 2023
    • Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2