1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.4 Force Feedback Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Domagoj Lovric, Sep 4, 2022.

1. Danielkart

Danielkart Well-Known Member

I think Basic, default,default+, Custom each type has its justification and depends on the user. If you want something quick and easy then you should use a standard. If you want a deeper and more personalized FFB then you should use a custom. But be careful you should be an experienced user for a custom and know how the FFB works

2. john Ellis

john Ellis The Rectifier of Names AMS2 Club Member

Thanks to the efforts of community, including your own set of awesome files (tailored to different wheel strengths, no less), today's custom FFB files certainly exist within the realm of "set-it-and-forget-it" additions to the sim for most users. You guys have long since taken so much of the guesswork out of the process.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2023
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 Member

Agree. I was on a custom file and just tried out default again in P1 gen 2 car at Nordschleife and it feels much better to me. I'm going to stick with default

• Like Like x 1
  4. jtortosen

jtortosen Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Try default + with 0 FX 50 Damp

5. john Ellis

I've updated and overhauled my earlier post in this thread (no. 219, available here to include all the V1.5 information I could find and synthesize. Might be worth a look....

Edit: A few have asked is they can post the tables and diagrams elsewhere. Feel free to share any or all of it as you see fit, with a simple link back to the original post.

Attached is v1.1 of a .pdf version of the FFB tuning methodology I compiled and developed. The flowchart contained in v1 was an earlier variant.

v1.2 includes a instructions for setting the in-car FFB vehicle buttons.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 13, 2023
    • Informative Informative x 4
    • Like Like x 3
  6. YOUNG IL YOON

YOUNG IL YOON crossfieldz_ROK AMS2 Club Member

Is there any special settings to enable true force for Logitec gpro DD?.
    all of my friend who bought gpro complained that true force is almost gone in AMS2 compared with iracing or dirt rally2.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. john Ellis

I haven't come across any guidance that seems remotely definitive regarding optimizing Trueforce specifically for the factory FFB profiles in AMS2 (whatever that even means), but @Dmand has a custom tuned rFuktor for Logitech DD wheels available in The Collection. Might be worthwhile to ask for his latest thoughts on the matter.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. Dmand

Dmand Active Member

Unfortunately, trueforce implementation on the default and default + profiles are very messy and just not good on the Logi DD pro wheel. The V1 file i made for it in the collection above ""Thanks John Ellis"" brings out a lot of road texture and stuff if that is what you are looking for. It also does not require such a high filter setting on the base, allowing that finer detail to come through.

The wheel it self is capable of great detail. When i was tinkering with that file, i tested it on Imola 72 in the Fjr and GT3. I was able to feel the difference in road surface in the patchy spots, this is my first DD wheel so i don't know if others are also capable of that, probably are, i just found it interesting.
    It might be a bit to much vibration for some folks, but hey, thats trueforce for you eh?

I have a v2 file in the works for a while now, lessening those effects while bringing out others.
    Hopefully Reiza will continue to improve on wheel support.

Yes, trueforce in DR2 was a total game changer on this wheel, i have never felt anything like that, amazing

• Informative Informative x 2
  9. Denis_W

Denis_W Member

Guys, could you please help me?
    I didn't understand exactly this part
    So, is it possible to have different ffb settings, for different cars?!
    Thank you

Attached Files:

10. john Ellis

Yes, you can assign "FFB Gain increase" and "FFB Gain decrease" buttons to two of your wheel buttons under your controller settings. At the track, you can use those buttons to move gain up or down for the car you are driving. For example, I set my Gain for my G25 at 85 in the controller settings. If I drive a car that feels like it needs more gain, i simply use the assigned button to boost the gain for that car up (to say +5, or 90 total). you can use the FFB bars in the HUD to check for clipping.

With my G25 at 85 Gain with the Default+ profile, I don't think I ever have to go more than +/- 5 for any car at any track.

11. Denis_W

Denis_W Member

Thank you so much for your reply
    I thought, not only the FFB Gain, but all those settings
    Low force boost, FX, Damping...

12. john Ellis

If you scroll up the page to post #285, you'll see a link to my AMS2 FFB Guide. I just added a section to explain how to configure the in-car FFB Gain buttons (on p. 4). You're not the only one out there with that question. Thanks for raising it.

Also, the Guide is meant to deconstruct the entire FFB tuning process, step by step, in order to master it. Here's the essential methodology, in all its elegance, from the conclusion:

1) Set LFB and Damping to Reiza's recommended levels, based on wheel base strength.

2) Set FX to achieve desired level of vibration effects and additional EPAS-model enhancement. Hold LFB, Damping, and FX constant.

3) To optimize FFB dynamic range and minimize clipping, adjust Gain globally, and on a per-vehicle basis, as needed.

Obviously, there is some testing involved to optimize Steps 1 & 2, and Gain is being tweaked throughout the process, but either Reiza's suggestions and/or other community members' experience can usually provide a ballpark starting point for particular wheel settings, if needed.

in some ways, FFB in AMS2 has come full circle: after recently repeating the process described above for the beta for V1.5.1, I have found the Default+ FFB profile with Reiza’s original, V1.4 recommended G25 settings (100/60/50/0) to feel the best, with the exception of Gain, of course, that I set globally to 85 and adjust as needed based on the car and track.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Denis_W

Denis_W Member

Thanks, found it
    TBH, I purchased AMS2 last year but didnt play much.
    After the update 1.5.x, I didn't open any other racing sim
    AMS 2 feels like a different product now. Absolutely amazing
    There are some other options, I'm not sure what exactly they are

Attached Files:

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. wickfut

wickfut Member

I've just bought 2x BST1 shakers. Just tested it with 1x mounted one onto the metal plate under my seat.
    I can hear it rattle away but can't feel it much as it's too faint, even when it gets too loud. I can feel the FFB from the wheel more than I can feel the shaker.
    Should I start drilling into my seat?

15. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek "Love the Simulation You're Dreaming In." AMS2 Club Member

Think of it this way . . . what happens if you mount an average size transducer to a light piece of plastic?
    It'll bounce around like crazy.
    What happens if you mount the same transducer to a concrete building pillar? It' might make a little noise - at best. High-frequency resonance.

Making transducers more effective is largely a matter of applying leverage + energy to affect mass in the form of vibration.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2023
  16. Alegunner68

Alegunner68 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Last edited: Dec 16, 2023
  17. Xzanman

Xzanman Active Member

TC is traction control, some cars allow it to be adjusted whilst out on track, dont worry about the other option it is unlikely you will want to change it whilst driving until you are more experienced.

• Like Like x 1
  18. YOUNG IL YOON

YOUNG IL YOON crossfieldz_ROK AMS2 Club Member

today i spent about 6 hours on tune FFB of my friend's new simucube ultimate with others who have fanatec dd, cws2.5, simagic alpha mini, simagic alpha Ultimate, simucube pro.. and the final FFB is still poor than others that use the same FFB settings: default+, LFB10/FX50/DAMPING50.

simucube ultimate is powerful. smooth and glossy, but there is something missed.
    even simucube pro and csw2.5 feel better than that.
    is there a recommended FFB setup for simucube ultimate?

19. Danielkart

Danielkart Well-Known Member

With the Simucube Ultimate, various parameters can be fine-tuned, including the static force reduction and other values. It is questionable whether this even makes sense and whether you should pay twice as much for this base. For such settings you should have very good knowledge of the FFB and general settings, otherwise incorrect settings can quickly occur.
    This base has capabilities that no other base has. But in order to use this potential, many factors have to be right. In my opinion this doesn't work with standard settings neither in the base nor in the file.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2023
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  20. wickfut

wickfut Member

How come Default and Default+ feel completely different and good in their own ways?
    Default has all the floor deviations and curbs done with lots of detail
    Default+ has the traction and grip/slip done with lots of details

I want both. Any way to mix n match?