1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.4 Force Feedback Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Domagoj Lovric, Sep 4, 2022.

1. EcoBrum

EcoBrum Member

This is exactly what I argued some time ago on the custom files forum, but I don't think we will ever have a change of direction if technical moderation does not intervene which in any case will be difficult to obtain because it is not possible to technically control all the files modified by the people and open moderate discussions on their correction, now personal positions on one's works have become sterile and above all uselessly stuck for two years on the same hackneyed version of files... half of the files would have to be corrected/deleted from the collection.
    Today I consider the developments made by Reiza's ffb profiles (default and default+) to be excellent, especially on the management of the load on the tires and on some other aspects such as customization for each individual car (they are customizing the physics version after version, distinguishing it car by car despite almost not changingno part of the ffb code since version 1.4) but unfortunately it is still not very informative and I personally hope for the future release of a third Reiza profile. Until then, let's go with the custom files and thanks to all!!!

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. chonk

chonk Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Not something I've seen anyone else mention but in Porsche Cup cars, both variants and on both the default and default+ there is a constant underlying pulsing in the ffb, it present but very subtle at idle and becomes much more pronounced at speed. It feels like an engine vibration effect, but it's still present at the same level regardless of how FX or LFB are set.

At first I thought it was my wheel (CSL DD) but these are the only cars I found it present in. I really enjoy how these cars handle, but I find this particular effect really distracting, to the point that it makes my hands feel weird. Would be cool to know if anyone else has noticed this or if it's just me, if it's intentional etc.

3. vfragos

vfragos Member

Hi, i do like the Default+ profile but when i put FFB gain above 7nm overall strength whatever settings it tried in game and in my Fanatec podium DD1 direct drive wheel base i have major oscillations. Is it happening to this profile for all? Can i do something about it?

4. jtortosen

jtortosen Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Post your settings.
    I have at 35-40 gain, 0 FX, 70 Damp. 100% base, and some damp and friction too because weight.
    No oscilations at all (maybe some random car)

5. vfragos

vfragos Member

That where the limits are about 35 - 40 gain, in dd1 it is about 7 - 8Nm everything 40 and above it for example 50 (about) 10Nm produces the problem. I will post my settings in a while. Thank you.

6. vfragos

vfragos Member

With what wheelbase? I just found that on Default+ the more dampening you add in game the more severe the oscillations are.

7. jtortosen

Simmagic 15 nm at 100%. And use damp, friction in the base to add weight.

8. vfragos

vfragos Member

I lowered the in game damp from the recommended 50-70 to 10 and added in wheelbase drivers damp, friction and inertia, no more oscillations and for my taste nice feedback. What in game gain, fx and damp you have? Are you using Defaut+ correct? My FFB in wheelbase is at 80% (16nm) and the in game gain 60% so actuall FFB about 10Nm (9.6)

Last edited: Jan 11, 2024
  9. jtortosen

How many damp and friction do you use on the base when you uses ingame damping at 50-70?

Because I have oscilations, but very little and not in all cars. Repeat,
    Ingame: 35-40/0/0/70
    Base: 15 nm, 25 damp, 15 friction, 5 mechanical inertia. 0 interpolation, 0 bumpiness/sharpening

The recomended values starts from at least 50 damping, if not, your ingame signal is not the correct one. Because ffb is created around the damp setting. But you need also weight on the base using the mechanical damp, friction and inertia.

10. vfragos

vfragos Member

I tried the recommended from the original post settings for my wheelbase (Fanatec DD1) 10 damp, 3 friction, 5inertia but the feeling of the wheel was too light, (about 6Nm peak force) so when i added gain to about 9Nm with these settings i had major oscillations. I tried bigger values on the wheel side 25 damp, 15 friction, 10 inertia but nothing could stop the osscillations. The only way to stop them is strange, i have to lower the in game damp to about 10 and and add more damp, friction, inertia on the wheelbase than the recommended on the first post for my base.
    I worried also if the FFB signal is correct but on the other hand it didn't also feel right so major oscillations let alone that it can be dangerous. But i Feel the ffb with my current settings without the oscillations it feels right to me.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2024
  11. jtortosen

Do you have FX at 0? BTw, ping @Coanda for the feedback and put in which cars do you have the massive oscilations.

12. vfragos

vfragos Member

The recommended for FX is 10 - 50 i have it 30. I have trιed some GT3 and GT4 cars all had the same oscillations

13. Danielkart

Danielkart Well-Known Member

You will not have success with Fanatec's recommended settings. Damping, inertia, friction - that's all damping in different ways. You always need damping for every base and every wheel. If these different forces were not dampened, it would not be possible to simulate it. Now there are 3 ways to properly dampen all of these forces and thus solve your problem with vibrations (swaying of the wheel).
    1. Through the in-game settings in the game. Unfortunately, this is currently only possible to a limited extent. Gain : Yes, it reduces the commute but at the same time it also changes the whole FFB.
    LFB: No, it increases the swing (only necessary for very weak bases)
    Damping: No, it increases the swing the higher it is set.
    2. Through your base settings (which I would recommend with the defaults)
    3. Through an FFB file that has the damping integrated and requires little or no intervention on the base (only for user-defined files)

14. jtortosen

I'm telling you all the time to try FX at 0, 30 is excessive. Forget the official recommendations. Damping in the game is necessary and does not increase the oscillations. Give it a good damp level with damp, friction and inertia.
    Try a formula classic, which is the last car I have driven and I know 100% that the steering wheel does not move if I let my hands go.

15. vfragos

vfragos Member

Thank you trying to help out, much appreciated. The recommended settings i'm talking about are the reiza ones in the first post of this thread. You are correct about the in game dampening causes the oscillations, that is what i found. On the Default profile things looks good, the issue with oscillations i have is with the Default+ profile when i use the recommended by reiza in game dampening 50 - 70 and at the same time want a total FFB of about 9 - 10Nm. The solution i found is to lower the in game dampening at 10 and add in wheel base damp, friction and inertia. To you believe that by not following the recommended in game dampening 50 - 70 makes the game FFB signal to be not correct, without all the FFB information wants to pass on the whell. I hope i was clear enough to understand me. Thank you again. By the way i tried a profile of yours and feels amazing but i saw you will stop update them.

16. vfragos

vfragos Member

Ok, i will try FX at 0 didn't realize that you told me so

17. vfragos

vfragos Member

Nope, it dosen't solve anything, FX 0, Dampening 50

• Like Like x 1
  18. Danielkart

Danielkart Well-Known Member

Yes I understand what you mean. It is a fact that Default+ causes swaying when increasing the damping. Yes, I won't publish any more files, I'll only do this for myself
    personal. Of course I will still continue to pursue Ams2. I hope you can solve your problem

• Like Like x 1
  19. vfragos

vfragos Member

Thank you, what is your opinion for the solution i found? Is it a valiable one or i'll have to live with the oscillations or choose a different profile?

20. jtortosen

If you like, default is not a lot different from Default + if it runs well for you.
    Currently I live with the oscilations, but for me the oscilations are only violent in some cars, in others are very subtle or inexistent (like formulas classic).

I'm sure these reports are useful for devs. You're not the only one who has reported oscillations. The weird thing is that there are devs with the same base as you that don't seem to have these problems... xD

• Like Like x 1