1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.4 Force Feedback Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Domagoj Lovric, Sep 4, 2022.

1. Danielkart

Danielkart Well-Known Member

I think you have already answered this question yourself. You've made changes and can now live with it because it's better. I can't handle this extreme commute. I'm also not buying a new car where I can never let go of the steering wheel. This is not realistic regardless of whether it is a normal car, a sports car or a racing car. Of course, everyone has different ideas and limits and that's why there will always be a huge range of users. If it's true for you then everything is fine and then stick with it

• Like Like x 1
  2. vfragos

vfragos Member

Hi, does the specific ffb for all cars is at 100% out of the box for the game?

3. Xzanman

Xzanman Active Member

Yes they all start at 100%, there is a built in tool in the hud which can be used to view any clipping, so that the specific FFB can be set for each car.

• Like Like x 1
  4. vfragos

vfragos Member

I think it would make more sense that every car comes with different specific FFB as it is a percentage of the total FFB, so for example an old car without power steering it makes no sense to have the same specific FFB as a modern car with a power steering or electric steering wheel. Also we don't have the data of every car like reiza has to make these changes correctly. The only thing we can do is tune them by feeling and by ffb clipping.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2024
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. Kuku

Kuku Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

No not at all.
    Reiza have done a great job of keeping every car in a good window for matching your global ffb settings, so most of the time you can jump in any car and not need to spend time mucking about finding the ideal setting.
    At worst you can find a happy spot within 5-10 clicks up or down on per car gain . But it’s not required usually if you have your ffb setup well .

I’d hate for it to be like RF2 or raceroom where every car is wildly different and just puts you off driving it because you spend all your time trying to make it feel better.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. vfragos

vfragos Member

Can you elaborate a bit more? How a car without power steering is correct to have the same specific FFB setting with one with power steering with the defaults game settings? Of course a car without a power steering will have big difference with one that has, as in real life. It will be a big difference between them how strong they feel. That is why in RF2 and raceroom with cars in different categories there maybe big differences, this is normal. If you take cars on the same category differences are much more subtle if any. Maybe reiza uses a different approach and take care of this on a different level, like physics?
    Probably, with the test i Just did it is not the case. I just did some tests with different cars, from different categories, eras, and wheel type, power assisted and non. More than 10 in total.
    Sadly with the default settings all in terms of how strong they are, all feel more or less the same, be it a mini copper from 60's, a bmw procar, a gt 3 car, a rally car, a polo street car, having or not power assisted wheel, all feel the same regarding how strong they feel. It can't be right to feel the same a power assisted wheel with a non one.
    How on earth is it possible for us to know every car's data about the steering wheel to set the correct specific FFB values? This is the job of the game's settings and engine.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2024
  7. RaZZoR OnE

RaZZoR OnE New Member

Hello everyone. I bought the game a few months ago and I don't use it because it is unplayable for me due to poorly functioning FF. While driving, the steering wheel has no resistance up to approximately 90 degrees, after exceeding it it continues to run uncontrollably. I have a Moza R16 base with a CS v.2 steering wheel. I've tried the settings suggested by Moza Pit House, but it doesn't make much of a difference. I would like to install new DLCs but I am afraid that they will do nothing and that the money will be wasted. If any of you can help me, I will be very grateful. Regards

8. MickT

MickT Active Member AMS2 Club Member

That sounds like you haven't calibrated the wheel properly after binding it. It's two separate operations and you need to make sure you follow the instructions for it. At the last step, when you have the wheel turned 90 degrees, the number on the screen should match the steering angle you have set in your moza software.

9. nabelo

nabelo New Member

Hi...May i ask you where i can find the FFB file your son is unsing in your signature:
    FILE: rFuktor 5.0.1.3/4 "ATMOS V. 1.5.x" MOD by Stakanov

Best regards,
    Manuel

Last edited: Jan 19, 2024
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  10. AntoAntoDD

AntoAntoDD Member

We will do everything we can ;), but excuse me if not immediately... :(

• Like Like x 1
  11. Velophil

Velophil New Member

Quick question. In the header of the custom ffb file you are talking about your Sim Pro 2 settings. Are you referring to the "mechanical" oder the "other effects" settings? See the attached screenshot to make my question clearer.

Screenshot 2024-01-29 170951.png

12. jtortosen

jtortosen Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Mechanical

13. Velophil

Velophil New Member

Thanks

14. Kurupt CDN

Kurupt CDN Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I came across these settings on Overtake for the Thrustmaster T300rs/T300/TX/TMX, and have found I prefer them to all the custom files and settings I've tried in the past, so I thought I would share them here.

Thrustmaster control panel settings:
    900 degrees
    Overall strength:100
    Constant:100
    Periodic:100
    Spring:0
    Damper:100
    Allow game to center checked
    I also enable fan mode before starting a session.

In game settings:
    Configuration:
    Steering deadzone:0
    Steering sensitivity:50
    Throttle deadzone:0
    Throttle sensitivity:50
    Brake deadzone:2 (personal preference as I tend to rest my foot near the brake pedal)
    Brake sensitivity:50
    Clutch deadzone:0
    Clutch sensitivity:50
    Speed sensitivity:0

Force feedback:
    Type: default
    Gain:70
    Low force feedback:55
    FX: 90
    Dampening:0
    Menu Spring:0

The other settings I ve found to help with feeling more connected to the road are the following...
    Camera settings/movement:
    High speed shake off
    Head movements 0
    Legacy yes
    All other settings 0

On track, in the set-up settings I adjust the per car ffb -/+ if needed

Brake pressure 80-85% depending on car

Tuning if I find the rear to be kicking out or sliding.
    Adjust 1 at a time
    Rear spring - 1 or 2 clicks
    Rear rebound -1 or 2 clicks
    Rear toe in angle +1 or 2 clicks
    Rear differential
    - clutches

15. Paul Greenwood

Paul Greenwood New Member

Is there some guidance on the Logitech G pro wheel for AMS2? Im a bit new to this and not 100% sure on what settings to ‘start’ with in game and in the wheelbase itself? A list of settings would be helpfull. Should the Wheelbase be set at the full 11 torque and then the gain reduced in game? Plus can someone confirm if Trueforce actually works and does it need to be triggered to work? I read a few opinions here and a little confused.
    Thanks!

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Xzanman

Xzanman Active Member

It would be nice if this list was updated/added to.

The market for wheel bases has changed a lot of the last year or two, and the ones featured here no longer represent the most popular ones.

Also what is the source of these recommendations? Are these bases tested by Rieza?

Although it is often stated that FFB is subjective, I would at least want to start with it as intended by the creator's of the sim, which I hope is the most authentic feeling. To me FFB is like FOV, you can use whatever you want but there is only one that is mathematically correct.

17. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

I believe so

• Like Like x 1
  18. manicminer

manicminer New Member

Does anyone know why the recommended settings for the CSL DD at the front of this thread are different to the recommended settings on the Fanatec Website? Are the Fanatec ones more up to date?

I've tried both and they both feel very heavy and grindy on my CSL DD 8nm compared to the relative lightness of the default FFB in something like iRacing. I know I can just tune the settings to my liking in AMS2 but I was hoping to use the suggested settings as a starting point.

FANATEC WEBSITE
    CSL DD
    (Compatibility Mode)
    Tuning Menu Settings:

• SEN Auto
    • FF 100
    • FFS Peak
    • NDP 25
    • NFR Off
    • NIN Off
    • INT 4
    • FEI 100
    • FOR 100
    • SPR 100
    • DPR 100
    • BLI User Preference
    • SHO 100
    • BRF User Preference
    In-Game Settings:
    • Gain: 65
    • Low Force Boost: 0
    • FX: 0
    • Menu Spring Strength: 0

Last edited: Mar 11, 2024
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Danielkart

Danielkart Well-Known Member

The Fanatec recommendations are from 2020 and changed again in 2021. So forget these settings, they are a joke.
    If you look closely you will notice it.The in-game settings at Fanatec don't specify any damping, they simply forgot that.
    FX In-Game they say 0, also a joke.
    A dd1/dd2 they say peak, a csl dd they say linear. Countless mistakes from Fanatec, they can flush these recommendations down the toilet.
    And Ams2 recommendations? Here, too, you have to be careful, these recommendations are from 2022 with update 1.4... Now we are in 2024 and are at 1.5... A lot has changed in physics and therefore also in the in-game settings and the base-Settings.The Reiza recommendations are also no longer current and need to be updated.
    I can only advise you to test everything yourself then you will notice the errors and adjust it to your personal taste;)

• Like Like x 1
  20. manicminer

manicminer New Member

Thank you for replying. Really appreciate it. I thought I was going mad as I couldn't find anything from 2023/2024. I'm just trying to see if I can get the FFB in AMS2 to feel like iRacing or not, as I really like the planted feeling of iRacing's default FFB, even if it is quiet, what's there feels logical.