1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.5.5.0, Le Mans & Endurance Pack Pt1 RELEASED - Now Updated to V1.5.5.6

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Dec 31, 2023.

1. spikerjack

spikerjack Member

OT: this is the first single-player games that gives me GP4 vibes. I'm, however, still amazed by what Geoff Crammond did with the AI 22 years ago. How the h**l did he do that?!

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Odd Socks

Odd Socks Active Member AMS2 Club Member

In fact, I still think GP4 has the edge with its inbuilt telemetry viewer during practice and cars being winched off the track.

• Like Like x 3
  3. The Walker

The Walker Active Member

I hope the devs address soon the AI issues when lapping slower classes. Players can get around them easily, but at Daytona if the AI can't make a clean overtake before turn 1 they're gonna stay behind GT cars until the oval section. This basically destroys the race as you'll be able to gain a huge amount of time every single time there's a car to lap.

And won't talk about narrower tracks like Imola

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. SunBro

SunBro Member

It's not even 9 am there and my dudes are already pushin beta builds. Rest goddammit :D

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. Eduardo Santis Torres

Eduardo Santis Torres Member

What surprised me is that they had track marshals working.

• Winner Winner x 8
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Cholton82

Cholton82 Active Member

I could only dream of this level of stuff for AMS2 , I remember this game fondly.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 3
  7. Odd Socks

I forgot about those marshals. They also had a director's mode on the replay, which would cut the cameras to close races and accidents.

• Informative Informative x 2
  8. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Woah, that is super cool! Unfortunately this sort of immersion feature is buried way down any developer's priority list. I don't expect anything like that in AMS2 in its whole dev cycle.

9. Mhad

Mhad Active Member AMS2 Club Member

The mistakes and mechanical failures are there at least. Marshalls running onto the track like that is low down on all developer's priorities to be fair.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. MarcG

MarcG Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Was that Marshall superman? Pushing a car through the gravel like it was on ice :D

But yeah, racing Sim developers in general have kinda lost the art of immersion that Crammond had bags of, but then he only had one series to look after of course.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2024
    • Like Like x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I wish that fires were possible in ams2, as it is in rF2. And it would explain a lot of the AMDM failures that ai have, as at the moment they just stop at the side of the track.

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/VZKD4TnuXzI

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. Odd Socks

I had a race where I had a full course yellow, and as we drive round we went past an AI stopped at the side of the track with smoke pouring out of it.

13. Eduardo Santis Torres

Eduardo Santis Torres Member

It seems to me that in GTR 2 the cars also caught fire when they had bad accidents. I remember I was in a Maserati MC12 and I crashed head-on into some barriers and the car started to catch fire, what I don't remember is if it was a mod or not.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Shusty McNusty

Shusty McNusty New Member

is the flasher working now?

15. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

is it normal for lmdh hypercars to have this much wubwub with pit limiter on?

16. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

V1.5.5.1 is now live - this is a complementary update to the latest V1.5.5 release, introducing a new "high beam" headlight option along with other bug fixes & improvements.

The release of this update marks the end of the Free Trial period for the Circuit des 24h Du Mans & Endurance Pack Pt1 DLCs, the latest new content now restricted to users who own the respective DLCs.

NOTE ON NEW HIGH BEAM OPTION

One-button headlight operation can be achieved one of two ways, subject to user preference:

1) When binding only the HEADLIGHTS button the single button will cycle all modes on repeat OFF-LOW-HIGH-OFF...

2) When binding only the HIGH BEAM button the LOW will be controlled automatically with other vehicles lights as was previously the case. When the lights are on the bound button will toggle directly between LOW and HIGH settings

041 (1).jpg

V1.5.5.1 CHANGELOG

GENERAL
    • Altered algorithm for max visible vehicles setting to bias towards vehicles ahead
    • Added High Beam headlight mode for local player
    PHYSICS
    • LMDh: Disabled max ERS deployment per lap which had inadvertently been left enabled; Improved BUILD and BALANCED deployment modes for Le Mans 24h layout by conserving energy in higher gears
    • Fixed player auto ERS activating QUAL during outlaps
    • Disabled tire blankets for LMDh & GT3 Gen2 classes as per current WEC / IMSA rules

AI
    • Adjusted AI tire wear rate for LMDh & GT3 Gen2 classes
    • Adjusted AI brake usage for LMDh, P1 (both gens) & Cadillac DPi classes
    • AI calibration pass for F-V12, F-V10 Gen1 & Gen2, F-Reiza, F-Ultimate Gen1 & Gen2 (dry & wet)

AUDIO
    • McLaren MP4/12: fixed missing starter sound.
    • F-V10 Gen1: Fix attempt to address dissapearing sounds in MP

VEHICLES
    • LMDh/GTE/GT3 (all Gens): Adjust base headlight brightness
    • Fixed lighting on carbon material cars in secondary light sources
    • BMW M Hybrid V8: New safety lights; Added rain streaks added for side windows
    • Cadillac V Series R: Added rain streaks for side windows
    • Porsche 992 GT3-R: Corrected display with inverted best lap and split time
    033 (2).jpg

• Like Like x 34
    • Winner Winner x 21
    • Informative Informative x 1
  17. chonk

chonk New Member AMS2 Club Member

Thank you team!

18. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Well, that is basically what I said. oO
    However, if this sort of feature is always relegated to the end of priorities, such a thing will never exist again.

Physics updates are never ending. Content updates are always in. Tweaks to AI are frequent. All of them are of higher priority than a marshall running in to recover a car from the track. If they are always priority, the "less important" features will never get a chance to get in.

Sometimes you need to go for the higher fruit, instead of the low hanging ones, or it will rot.

Just to make it clear: this post is not a complaint, just a simple comment on game development in general. Dont you guys jump on my throat saying that I want marshalls running around instead of more realistic physics and stuff.....

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  19. McNeil00

McNeil00 Member

Are there a plan to adding a flashing light button?

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. PocketsRJ

PocketsRJ Hi from UK!

What, I have to pay for this amazing new content now? :p

• Funny Funny x 4